CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The last theory put out by the police here is that it was a case of mistaken identity or something like that. They've been through Lindsay's life, computer, etc with a fine tooth comb and couldn't find anything obvious that would lead someone to kill her or want her dead. She was a well liked, decent person. It doesn't make sense.

Lindsay's family has recently hired a private investigator to look at the case. I hope they can come up with something. It's so puzzling. I can't imagine what her poor family is going through.....not only is their daughter dead, but there's no real reason why and no one is beng held responsible.

Luanne,
Yes, it must be he** for Lindsay's family to go through this.... My heart goes out to them.

Actually, though, LE does not say that this wa a case of mistaken identity. The quote from the Times Colonist of 6/30 is :

" While Buziak was clearly the intended target, she may have been slain based on misinformation ".

My questions are, misinformation coming from what source,about what,and relayed to whom ? I went back and read a lot fom the very beginning of the case,including local message board postings Drugs were mentioned a lot, although Lindsay's family denied drugs use vehemently. I believe them. And besides,evn if she had used "recreational drugs ", so do millions of other 24 year olds.It doesn't make for a person being killed in this fashion.... I wonder if someone put out the misinformation that Lindsay was a LE informant...

I also read that while Lndsay's mother never believed that her boyfriend could have been involved in any way at least up until a year ago her father was not so sure about it.... Her father mentioned that it bothered him that Lindsay's boyfriend never spoke to him....

All JMO

Yes, I hope that they find some answers for her family.

LE believe that the couple were dropped off and picked up at the house, but they have not released any description of a vehicle, right? If they had a description, I wonder if there are videos of vehicles getting on the ferries to and from the Island. However, it may be that witnesses did not see any other vehicle in front of the house, so that's why it is assumed that they were dropped off...

"Police said Ms. Buziak arrived at 1702 De Sousa Place in Saanich around 5:30 p.m. on the night of her murder, and that shortly afterward witnesses saw a man and a woman enter the home."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/murdered-victoria-realtor-intentionally-targeted/article1453758/

They may well have parked away from the house, so that no one actually would tie their vehicle to them. Being dropped off and picked up by someone else woulod have been a weak link in their careful planning . IMO

All JMO

When I think about it, if Lindsay had been falsely impicated as ,say, a police informant, it would explain the brutalty,and the number of times she was stabbed. IMO, the killers would have been sending a message....

Also, I certainly do believe Lindasy was a decent person, but, no one can control completely who they come into contact with. If this is what hppened,it is tragic....

I also read that while Lndsay's mother never believed that her boyfriend could have been involved in any way at least up until a year ago her father was not so sure about it.... Her father mentioned that it bothered him that Lindsay's boyfriend never spoke to him....

All JMO

I've often wondered if the boyfriend was involved in drugs or something else untoward and she was killed to get back at him, teach him a lesson, etc. That could explain why he's not a suspect, but won't talk to the father (remember SP wouldn't talk to Mr. Rocha)....hmmm....

I've often wondered if the boyfriend was involved in drugs or something else untoward and she was killed to get back at him, teach him a lesson, etc. That could explain why he's not a suspect, but won't talk to the father (remember SP wouldn't talk to Mr. Rocha)....hmmm....

One also wonders why, within a few days of the crime, he had hired a well-known criminal defence lawyer.

Yes, I hope that they find some answers for her family.

LE believe that the couple were dropped off and picked up at the house, but they have not released any description of a vehicle, right? If they had a description, I wonder if there are videos of vehicles getting on the ferries to and from the Island. However, it may be that witnesses did not see any other vehicle in front of the house, so that's why it is assumed that they were dropped off...

"Police said Ms. Buziak arrived at 1702 De Sousa Place in Saanich around 5:30 p.m. on the night of her murder, and that shortly afterward witnesses saw a man and a woman enter the home."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/murdered-victoria-realtor-intentionally-targeted/article1453758/

In this article it states:

Ms. Buziak's boyfriend, Jason Zailo, who had made arrangements to meet her at the house, arrived with a friend around 6 p.m. to find the doors locked, Ms. Buziak's vehicle parked out front, and her shoes visible in the foyer of the house

Alarmed by the circumstances, Mr. Zailo called 911, but before police arrived he and the other man had “gained entry” to the house and discovered Ms. Buziak's body in an upstairs bedroom, Sgt. Fast said.

Sgt. Fast said Tuesday Mr. Zailo has been ruled out as a suspect and declined to provide details about any other “persons of interest” that investigators have identified.

The fact that he arrived with a friend (was this a planned rouse to keep out of the eye of suspicion), lived with Lindsay, so would see her later, hired a lawyer, all get my hinky meter revved up.

Wonder if he got any phone calls prior to heading to the house? Wonder a lot of things actually.

Originally, it was mentioned that Lindsay felt apprehensive about meeting these people for the showing. It was stated that she had asked her boyfriend to check up on her during the showing. But,in the last statement from LE, they said that actually,no,she was not apprehensive,just surprised because the house was not her listing.And,no, she never asked her boyfriend to either go to the house,or check up on her. He went over to the house with some R.E. papers for her to sign.

What I would love to know is : who originally said that Lindsay was apprehensive ? And who originally said that she asked her boyfriend to check up on her ? Could these statements have originated with her boyfriend ? Who else would have known about such things ?

And where does this latest statement come from,that he just happened to stop by the house with some papers for her to sign ? Did that statement come from him too ? If so, why has he changed his story ?

This makes no sense..... Something's off here....

All JMO

This is interesting because it is an aparently "motiveless" murder. There seems to be some "discrepencies" about whether or not Lindsay was "concerned" about the showing and why he boyfriend showed up when he did. In all reporting, initial information obtained by reporters from a variety of sources will not always agree with "official" reports that are released later (which are not always accurate either).

The boyfriend would be an obvious POI . It is not that unusual for men to kill thier girlfriends but they seldom hire a "hit-team" to do it; its usually a "hands-on" operation. Anytime you feel you are a "suspect" in a serious crime, it is a good idea to contact a lawyer, particularly if you want to continue "co-operating" with LE. Anyone at anytime can refuse to speak with LE (I assume this is true in Canada) but if you feel you are a suspect and are afraid of being "railroaded" yet want to help with the investigation, and hopefully clear yourself and permit the investigation to move forward, having a very skilled criminal attorney with you while you are being questioned is a veery good (an expensive) idea.

Some "random" muirders turn out to have very surprizing motive (check out the Juliana Redding case) but there are some that boil down to "thrill killings" where someone wanted to "see what it would be like" with minimal chance of getting caught. A realtor in this situation would be perfect since the perps would have no ties to either the victim or the crime scene.

IIRC, LE did state that although they believe that Lindsay was indeed specifically targeted, they do not think it had anything at all to do with her work as a realtor.

Going back to her feelings of apprehension about meeting to showthe house : Originally, it was stated that the woman called her, and this woman had a heavy foreign accent. She told Lindsay that she wanted to see that house,and that she wanted to buy a home that day....

Then the man supposedly called Lindsay to tell her that he would be coming to view the house alone. That the woman would not be present. This is what caused her apprehension... And this is what supposedly led her to asking her boyfriend to come by the house...

But LE has totally changed their statement about this ; she was not apprehensive, did not ask her BF to stop by..

My question is : isn't there a record of the phone calls to Lindsay on that day ? We know that the couple only used one cell phone to communicate with Lindsay. So, is there evidence of two calls that day from that cell phone # ? If so, I wonder what the second call was about,if it was not about just the man looking at the house ? And,they did both show up to see the house...

IMO, the real content of the second phone call would tell us a lot...

As would the time of the phone calls,and the ping locations...

All JMO

I've read up on all that I can find out about the case. The police have acknowledged that some information has been "held back"

I can find no mention of "pings" but the couple are "believed" to have left the Island soon after the murder. That may be based on "pings"

The source of the "strange call" to the other woman relator the next day has never been identified. If it was made with the same phone, it should have been identified.

They seem to be quite "firm" in the claim that the boyfriend is not a suspect. Apparently, accompanied by his "high powered" attorney, he participated in a filmed "re-enactment" of his actions at the crime scene. There is apparently no question that he was not at the scene when the crime occured, This was established by witnesses and phone records.

The "official" line it that this was some kind of "professional hit" but there was nothing in Lindsey's life that would warrant a paid "hit". They are sure that Lindsey was the "target" but they speculated that the "hit" was based on "mis-information". It is not clear if there is some basis for this (say, if there was someone with a similar name who was involved in drug trafficing) or if this is sort of a default "guess".

Apparently some "new" information has been released to Dateline so we may learn more when it airs. I still think this was a sexual/thrill killing. What kind of "hit man" stabs a victim 54 times?

Kemo,

Mexican drug cartel hitmen have been known to kill their vics by stabbing them over a 100 times. Same with MS 13. It's a new day,apparently. IMO when most people think of a "hit ", they think of a bullet in the back of the head. Used to be.... But, now it seems that what drug related hitmen do is to ramp up the gore and brutality. To send a message.....

It's telling that rumors of this case being drug related began almost immediately,and still continue... I wonder if someone implicated Lindsay somehow ?

No, I don't think her BF was in the house when she was murdered. He was supposedly on his way to the house. He just happened to have some papers for her to sign... IMO,there is way more to this case ...

All JMO

Finally a bit of news released on this case, looks definitely like a "professional" job but it doesn't sound like they're much closer to solving it than they were 2 years ago...

New theory: Killers hit Buziak by mistake

Lindsay Buziak, the 24-year-old real estate agent stabbed to death as she showed a Gordon Head home two years ago, may have been mistakenly targeted in a contract killing, police say.

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/theory+Killers+Buziak+mistake/3218003/story.html#ixzz0sJvlh8K2

Since Busiak's murder may have been because of mistaken identity, I hope the authorities check out the listing agent for this house. If the listing agent is a female with dark hair, there is a good chance she may have been the intended target.

The mistaken identity contract hit seems to fit. Otherwise, the motive for this murder seems to be a mystery. There has been no mention of a robbery of any kind (missing purse, jewelry, etc.) and no mention of sexual assault. The police have been probably tearing their hair out trying to figure out the motive.

I just watched this Dateline...what a bizarre case...somehow I kept thinking of Kyron's case only because they talked about a bat phone, the fact that she may have seen something dangerous, that is was planned and organized and the perps vanished...that someone ordered it, perhaps, etc...

But just a strange and terrible crime...will they ever solve it :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back