CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was a good episode....lots of new information for me, AFAIK it had only been reported previously that she received the one phone call from the potential buyers/killers on the day of the murder. Apparently they'd exchanged several phone calls and she had specs on the kind of house they wanted written down. If only she'd noted a name! It's never been clear (to me anyway) if Lindsay selected that house to show them, or if they requested to see it. I'd always thought they'd requested to see that house, it would make sense, new house = empty, new street = not many neighbours....but who knows?

Interesting that was allegedly thinking about leaving Jason Zailo and going back to her ex-boyfriend.....but Jason's mother said Lindsay had told her that she was afraid of her ex....

It's been reported in the local media (I'm in Victoria, I knew/knew of a lot of the people in the feature) that her father has been working with a private investigator(s) and they've come up with 5 potential suspects....not sure if they mean 5 potentail actual killers or people who might have ordered the hit....anyway, I would've liked more information on that.

I just want an answer for her family, her father is especially heartbreaking....and justice for all involved.

I think it could very well be drug related. Tonight on Dateline they said that she was communicating with an old friend that was busted not long after he was in contact with her for cocaine totaling 6 million. It was thought that some type of organization thought she was an informant and murdered her in retaliation. I can think of one criminal organization that based on my reading is very active in Victoria. That might explain why only one of her close friends agreed to be interviewed on camera-fear.

From what I can gather, the Saanich PD is still focusing on Lindsay's life for a motive and a suspect. Having some "acquaintance" back in Calgary who was a Big
Time Cocaine dealer would obviously raise eyebrows. Certainly people involved with "Drug Gangs" do get "wacked" from time to time. Similarly, men do, on occasion, kill their girlfriends (or ex-girlfriends). Still, I don't buy it.

My own WAG (wild *advertiser censored* guess) is that this was a "sexually related" killing. I think Lindsay was chosen only because she was young and attractive (probably identified from a Real Estate Advert) and as a Realtor, she could be lured to a "safe" site to commit a murder. My guess is that the "killer couple" will have had no ties to Lindsay, the house or Vancouver Island; it will be very hard to solve.

Stabbing someone to death, especially in the face and chest, is much more 'personal' and 'anger-driven' than say, shooting someone. If a 'drug lord' wanted to hire someone to kill someone to get her out of the way, or prevent her from speaking, it would be much easier and cleaner to have the person shot (using a silencer) . It would also be a lot less risky (ie: less blood on the murderer's clothing). Whoever hired this couple to kill Lindsay, wanted her to suffer, and must have been extremely jealous, or possessive.

I think it could very well be drug related. Tonight on Dateline they said that she was communicating with an old friend that was busted not long after he was in contact with her for cocaine totaling 6 million. It was thought that some type of organization thought she was an informant and murdered her in retaliation. I can think of one criminal organization that based on my reading is very active in Victoria. That might explain why only one of her close friends agreed to be interviewed on camera-fear.

Her father has stated that it is NOT drug related.

He writes occasionally on this facebook page and does answer inquiries.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-...ziaks-Murderers/306153774041?v=app_2373072738

Many people have written their thoughts on this page under discussions.

I just finished watching the Dateline segment online regarding this case.

Lindsey worked at a realty office run by Jason's mom, correct?
Lindsey had recently made a trip to her father's and told him that she wanted to leave Jason and still loved Matt.
Friends have confirmed that Lindsey did express these feelings.
Jason's mother is the only person that ever told police that Lindsey was afraid of Matt.
Lindsey was an up and coming realtor, very gregarious, very good at her job, a rising star, as it were.
Well, what if Lindsey and Jason's mom did have a talk (maybe during the family trip they all took, after her father's visit?)
What if Lindsey revealed to her that she was leaving Jason, her feelings towards Matt and maybe even work related matters no one knows about?

I am just saying that I wonder why it has never been mentioned that Jason's mother was ever investigated.

She had a work motive.
She had a personal motive.
In my book, she is worth a look.

I'm sorry, but the more I read the more I think that Jason had something to do with it.

His mother did some VERY ODD things according to the facebook comments and Jason has acted in a way that doesn't scream innocent.

If she told him she was nervous about meeting these people why wouldn't has have made it a PRIORITY to be there at the beginning of the showing?

I'm sorry, but the more I read the more I think that Jason had something to do with it.

His mother did some VERY ODD things according to the facebook comments and Jason has acted in a way that doesn't scream innocent.

If she told him she was nervous about meeting these people why wouldn't has have made it a PRIORITY to be there at the beginning of the showing?

Maybe she felt it would look unprofessional if there were other people there with her during the showing? I don't know squat about selling real estate, so that is just a shot in the dark.

Maybe she felt it would look unprofessional if there were other people there with her during the showing? I don't know squat about selling real estate, so that is just a shot in the dark.

According to FB, she told her father that he would be with her.

Also, his mother called one of her friends after the murder IN A FAKE ACCENT??!!

Here is the dateline link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

I have seen that and some other links but cannot find anything on the friend that was with Jason in the car when they went to the home Lindsay was showing. This friend was boosted over the backyard fence and he went in through the unlocked door to unlock the front door for Jason to then come into the house and immediately run upstairs while calling her name. Why not go through first floor then up the stairs? What was the friend doing at this time?

The father has clearly said they have 5 people of interest and Jason Zailo is NOT one of them in this link that was put on 8 threads ago. Nothing has been said about anyone else working in that office as a possible suspect.

Yes, but on facebook, Lindsay's father, Jeff, said that he wouldn't rule out either Jason Zailo or his mother as being involved somehow, but he felt they didn't do the actual stabbing because he believes Lindsay was killed by people whom she did not recognize. So though he may not suspect Jason as being the 'actual killer', he isn't saying that he doesn't believe he was involved.

Her father also said that he doesn't believe that Jason was the actual physical killer but didn't rule out the possibility that he was somehow involved.

Ha marooncat.........we posted that at the same time!

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000105 EndHTML:0000004432 StartFragment:0000002296 EndFragment:0000004396 @font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }

Jeff Buziak Mount Royal University criminologist Doug King.
"The reality is, a good portion of all homicides typically occur in familiar relationships".

Jeff Buziak Trav, those are very good questions and I also wish people would discuss all things more openly. Lets get to the bottom of this!!! Somebody in Victoria knows what happened. For some reason, I don't know, neither Shirley or Jason Zailo talk to me and have not assisted me in any way in trying to find Lindsay's killers. Yea, whats with the immediate Lawyer? Just tell the truth.
about 3 months ago · Report

#
Jeff Buziak Lindsay assured me Jason would be there as she was very concerned about the appointment. As Jason Zailo DOES NOT have any contact with me and no involvement in the search for the killers, Please ask him as I would like to know as well. jeffbuziak@hotmail.com
about 3 months ago · Report
#
Jeff Buziak Seems very odd to me as well as I would have expected him to be by my side to find out who killed Lindsay. Instead, he doesn't have any contact with me and his mother, Shirley Zailo, criticised me for speaking at Lindsay's funeral and hollered at me on the phone days later. Very odd if they really cared for Lindsay. jeffbuziak@hotmail.com
about 2 months ago · Report

Taken from Facebook,, I see what you mean maybe we can take all his comments and put them on here to discuss. Some people's comments have been removed.

According to the dateline link and these comments here, he is saying he does know the people involved. He is implying that he needs the proof?

Now as for Jason he lived with her and worked with her but is not helping to find her killer but, the ex-boyfriend is, as is the "friend" that was with Jason when they went to the house.

Found on Facebook in discussion.

So Jason assures Lindsay he will be there for the showing and informs her father as well but ends up being late. According to her ex, she is a tiny 100 lb thing. She was meeting a man at this time alone and her instincts told her to have someone with her.... Jason shows up with an alibi that he did not murder her.--

There are more comments on Fb by her father if someone wants to analyze.

One also wonders why, within a few days of the crime, he had hired a well-known criminal defence lawyer.

This could simply be a case of his being smart enough to know that as her boyfriend, he'd be a suspect. If my significant other was ever killed, I'd get a lawyer as well. It's the smartest thing you can do for yourself, whether guilty or not.

From what I can tell, LE is NOT treating Jason as a suspect but there is certainly a cloud of suspicion hanging over him. True, young men have been known to kill their girlfriends out of jelousy or whatever but how many hire a "hit team" to do it? The police could have checked Jason's finacial records (that is SOP when a hired "hit" is suspected). Hiring an attorney is not as suspicious as it sounds; it is actually a very prudent thing to do if you fear you might be a suspect. Jason did cooperate with the police, he even let them film a re-enactment.

The possibility that Jason's mother is involved is way off the chart. Why would a mother participate in the murder of her son's girlfriend? (apparently there was no money involved, no children: I am assuming Lindsay wasn't pregnant, no property, Life Ins etc) There just isn't a plasible motive.

The Calgary Drug Dealer is interesting. We know of no reason to believe that he may have suspected her of "ratting him out" or if she was otherwise involved in drug dealing. It would not be that unusual for a young Professional woman to use cocaine or "socialize" with guys who deal the stuff; if would be unusual for someone like her to be in so deep that they would be murdered. I would assume this angle has been checked out.

My WAG (wild *advertiser censored* guess) is that this was a sexually related murder by a stranger who saw Lindsay's picture on a Real Estate Advert and set her up to meet at a vacant house that the perp(s) would have had no known ties to. This could be a very hard case to solve.

I was unable to see the Dateline program; does anyone know if I can download it to watch it on my computer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back