CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Incidentally, at least one witness definitely saw Lindsay greeting the "killer couple" as if they were legitimate clients. It would be extremely unlikely that they were anyone she knew. It is equally unlikely that the "woman" was really a "man". It is almost impossible to fool another woman close up. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[/QUOTE]

A really excellent cross dresser or transvestite could fool you I believe.

Hormone shots, laser hair removal,surgery etc. But would their strength still be that akin to a man's, I'm not sure but I'd guess yes.

It has just been revealed on FB that Lindsay was having an affair with Mike Miller who was questioned after the murder. The person who reported this was Roger--read his comments on page 18. Mike is a developer, wealthy , young and wife left him after murder according to FB

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=306153774041&topic=14020#topic_top

IMO47, please be careful of posting all of the FB rumours here on WS. To say that 'it has been revealed' makes it sound like a fact. It could be anyone posting something on FB and simply making it up. I know you aren't saying it's fact, but it comes across that way. It's difficult enough to keep all of the facts straight (at least for me! ;)), particularly when the media posts conflicting of differing 'facts'.

Police deny boyfriend linked to slaying of B.C. realtor

Speculation about the killing of a Victoria real estate agent has prompted police to hold an extraordinary news conference to quell rumours about the involvement of the victim's boyfriend and his family.

A story on the U.S. television news show Dateline last Friday about the slaying of the 24-year-old led to speculation that Buziak's boyfriend and his family were responsible, police said Wednesday.

"We feel that it was important to clear the air," said Saanich police Sgt. Dean Jantzen. "Fingers had been pointed as a result of this program."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/09/22/bc-buziak-zailo-dateline-speculation.html

Has anyone been able to figure out exactly where the house is? What street does De Sousa Place run off of?

It would be helpful to be able to picture which direction the 'couple' might have approached from, as no vehicle was seen.

Has anyone been able to figure out exactly where the house is? What street does De Sousa Place run off of?

It would be helpful to be able to picture which direction the 'couple' might have approached from, as no vehicle was seen.

I initially had a hard time finding the street on Google Maps, as it is not shown on the map, perhaps because it is new. However, if you go to Torquay Drive halfway between Llandaff Place and Kenmore Rd., and go into Street View, you can see the cul-de-sac if you face east.

Apparently the Saanich PD issued some kind of statement to the effect that Jason and his mother have been cleared. There is information going around that both of them took and passed a polygraph. Jeff Buziak, Lindsay's father appears to now accept this conclusion. In the past, Saanich PD has tended to distance themselves from any suggestion that they were involved but the father, as resently as yesterday, indicated that he harbors deep suspicions of both Jason and his mother.

From what I can gather, this case has been a huge topic of gossip in the Victoria area and much of it has been directed at Jason and his mother.

POLICE RULE OUT ZAILO FAMILY AS PERSONS OF INTEREST IN BUZIAK CASE
Sep 22, 2010
SAANICH POLICE CALLED AN EXTRAORDINARY NEWS CONFERENCE TODAY TO ANNOUNCE THEY DO NOT CONSIDER ANY MEMBER OF THE ZAILO FAMILY TO BE A PERSON OF INTEREST IN THE LINDSAY BUZIAK MURDER CASE

THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BUZIAK AND JASON ZAILO IN PARTICULAR HAS BEEN WIDELY REPORTED, LEADING TO THIS STATEMENT FROM POLICE SPOKESPERSON DEAN JANTZEN

"there has been much in the community, publicly, as far as some finger pointing, rumour, speculation, innuendo, in many forms including the media. Today, as of today, the Zailo family, which includes Shirley Zailo, Ryan Zailo and Jason Zailo have met with our detectives over the past couple of days of their own free will, voluntarily, and have satisfied every investigative request that our detectives have had of them"

JANTZEN DID NOT OFFER ANY NEW INFORMATION AS TO WHETHER POLICE DO HAVE ANYBODY ELSE WHO IS CONSIDERED A PERSON OF INTEREST

http://www.cfax1070.com/newsstory.php?newsId=15312

Lindsay could have been murdered at many locations, in more remote areas.

LE says that real estate has nothing to do with her murder.

I disagree.

The real estate set-up was very real, elaborate and highly thought out.

Lindsay could have been murdered at many locations, in more remote areas.

LE says that real estate has nothing to do with her murder.

I disagree.

The real estate set-up was very real, elaborate and highly thought out.

I am confused by your post, could you please clarify what you mean by Lindsay could have been murdered at many locations? As well, I was under the impression from the Dateline episode it was said that they believe it was someone in the real estate business possibly even from her office that had something to do with this?!

I am confused by your post, could you please clarify what you mean by Lindsay could have been murdered at many locations? As well, I was under the impression from the Dateline episode it was said that they believe it was someone in the real estate business possibly even from her office that had something to do with this?!

Sorry, I haven't watched the Dateline special, I have been reading on this thread, and seen references to those stating LE said it has nothing to do with real estate.

What I mean by many locations, is that by targeting Lindsay in a very specific location like this house showing, by setting up an appointment with her etc., this allowed others to possibly know where Lindsay was going, what time she was going to be there etc. That increased the perps likelihood of getting caught.

On the other hand, the perps could have watched Lindsay, where she went, drove, things she liked to do, and could have taken in her in a less specific/appointment like manner, thereby possibly making their chances of getting seen/caught/known about, less.

I just think Lindsay's death was probably the result of someone with a working knowledge of real estate.

I am wondering whether the couple actually had some sick sexual game plan but changed it because Lindsay fought them too hard and maybe told them that her boyfriend would be there any minute. There have been women who helped their man capture a victim. That makes more sense to me that a hit. I think the plan went crazy and they just killed her and ran

They could have just looked and her picture in any of those home books, then decided on her as a victim. Then they knew she would not pass up a chance to sell a big expensive home like that. Plus houses are further apart and no one could hear her scream.

I am wondering whether the couple actually had some sick sexual game plan but changed it because Lindsay fought them too hard and maybe told them that her boyfriend would be there any minute. There have been women who helped their man capture a victim. That makes more sense to me that a hit. I think the plan went crazy and they just killed her and ran

Paul Bernardo and Homolka come to mind. In a panic I can see someone stabbing many times but at this point with 54 stab wounds I am thinking both people present were working on her. So the sexual part is now making sense. Plus wouldn't your adrenalin and your sexual desire be further heightened and really get you going if you though you might get caught bc someone else was coming? A euphoric state where you end up hammering to make sure that person is really dead and getting pleasure the whole time.

Paul Bernardo and Homolka come to mind. In a panic I can see someone stabbing many times but at this point with 54 stab wounds I am thinking both people present were working on her. So the sexual part is now making sense. Plus wouldn't your adrenalin and your sexual desire be further heightened and really get you going if you though you might get caught bc someone else was coming? A euphoric state where you end up hammering to make sure that person is really dead and getting pleasure the whole time.

Maybe they just wanted to kill someone as a couple. Maybe that was the motive all along. Commit the "perfect" murder and get away with it.

Anyone who wants to get up to speed on this case should refer to the father's (Jeff Buziak) Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Lindsay-Buziaks-Murderers/306153774041#!/pages/Find-Lindsay-Buziaks-Murderers/306153774041?v=app_2373072738

It appears that Jason has some friends who have been involved in Drug dealing and other crimes in the past (although I saw no indication of anything in the last 6-8 years), I get the impression that these guys cultivated an "upscale white gansta" image (buffed out bodies, lots of tats', pimped out high end cars etc.) There was some insinuation that they formed some sort of a "drug gang" but no one came right out and said it.

Vancouver has had a rash of high profile "drug related" killing but the victims (and perps) were the usual low lifes that inhabit Van's "sleazy underbelly" Victoria appears to be clean, safe and straight-laced. You don't expect to find a "seamy underbelly" there. Still, there are plenty of well off people so there must be a market for cocaine and other drugs and a network of drug dealers to supply it. Could Lindsay have had some knowledge of this "network" that led to her death or is this all a lot of speculation fueled by lurid accounts of "drug gang violence" in Vancouver? Lindsay's father (and lots of people in Victoria) seems to believe this is the connection (and that Jason and his mother are very much involved). It is not so clear if the Saanich PD is buying it.

The most tantalizing tidbit of information is the allegation from the father that Jason's mother called two of her coworkers and using a "fake" accent, pretended to be a prospective buyer, setting them up for the same fate as Lindsay. But did this really happen?

Incidentally, at least one witness definitely saw Lindsay greeting the "killer couple" as if they were legitimate clients. It would be extremely unlikely that they were anyone she knew. It is equally unlikely that the "woman" was really a "man". It is almost impossible to fool another woman close up.

Once upon a time it would be difficult for a man to pass as a natural born female, but huge advances in cosmetics and surgical procedures these days (performed on the right candidate) could fool anyone.Even if upon opening the door, a real estate person thought otherwise,what would they do..slam the door in their face and say I am not selling you this house?
If someone went in female disguise it would not be to fool Lindsay( as they already had a foot in the door)but rather to fool any potential witness.
I am not saying it is likely, just that it is a possibility.....

It does strike me as a possible thrill killer-type crime...a couple who gets their "kicks"...there are precedents...

I am reading some older newspaper articles and I came across one where numerous things have stuck out to me. I am wondering what everyone thinks.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/theory+Killers+Buziak+mistake/3219723/story.html

Horsley said Saanich investigators have scoured Buziak's financial records and online social networking chats -- even those that she deleted -- and have found nothing to indicate any criminal or drug dealings that might lead to a motive in the slaying.

That clean sheet, combined with the fact that her killer or killers operated at a level seen in professional killings, leads investigators to believe that while Buziak was clearly the intended target, she may have been slain based on misinformation.

Buziak was a young real estate agent working to establish herself in the Victoria market when she was contacted by a man and woman who said they were interested in a million-dollar property at 1702 De Sousa Pl. in Gordon Head.

Media reported widely that Buziak expressed trepidation at the showing, but Saanich police yesterday dismissed those reports, saying while Buziak felt the showing was unusual because she was not the listing agent, she wasn't apprehensive about it.

Saanich police received their first 9-1-1 call when Zailo arrived with a friend and found the front door locked. Horsley said that as a real estate agent, Zailo instantly knew something was amiss, since standard practice is for the front door to remain unlocked during a showing.

SBM

This paper makes it sound like "The Mexicans" directly asked for 1702 De Sousa Place. I am also wondering if we have any sleuthers here who are in real estate, is it standard procedure and something known across the industry to leave the front door unlocked? I would think it would be, just wondered.

I am curious if it is a Canadian thing, for LE to come out and say someone is not a suspect...we don't see that much here. In an unsolved crime, without DNA, whose to say that anyone has truly been cleared? Was a little surprised to hear them come out with that again recently.

I don't think the boyfriend or ex was involved, as it just seems like a weird way to arrange a personal crime, if one was mad at her, for instance. This sounds way more professional to me. But I can't even imagine a motive...which makes me think it could be some sicko couple getting their thrills. And they will likely do it again, if that is case, which could lead to more clues, at least. (as well as more victims...:( )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back