CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really hope discussion of Lindsay's case continues on here, as well. At the moment, the Fb discussion is driving me nuts because of all the fighting. It would be great to hear some more sleuther thoughts.

Please people don't let this thread die. Lindsay is worth fighting for to get justice. Yes there is good discussion happenning on the facebook page set up by her dad, but the people on websleuths are very resourceful and have good hearts. I sincerely hope people take to this case and help find Justice for Lindsay.

t=Regardless of all the discussions there appears to be a total lack of motive as to why anyone would want to hurt lindsay. her father though had explained that Lindsay mentioned to him that she had seen something in 2006 she wasn't meant to. In Late 2007 she mentioned this event again to her dad that she had seen something that she wasn't meant to and six weeks later she is dead, murdered, targeted in what was a well thought out pre-planned attack.

This may hold the key.

The murder would seem to be well planned,so why was the actual "evil act"
overkill, when surely easier/tidier methods could have been employed?
Seems like they were trying to make the murder look like a passion killing, or they really wanted to send a message to someone.
I don't know if Lindsay and her family were/are religious people or not, but remaining "intact" for burial in an open casket is important in some cultures.
Perhaps the secret thing Lindsay observed but should not have, was something like seeing one spouse cheating on another...

t=Regardless of all the discussions there appears to be a total lack of motive as to why anyone would want to hurt lindsay.
above quote edited by me.

Perhaps the act itself was the motive, the murder.
But the victim in this case was chosen to complete the motive, which was the act of killing itself.

I wish LE was here so i could ask that speculative question.
That she was chosen to be murdered, instead of being murdered and the motive for it unknown.

And the other part about her seeing something, she mentioned to her father at least twice i belief it was. I am assuming it was the same event, and not something that occurred twice or more.
But diffidently something that caused a remaining impression in her psyche. Could it have been something violent or horrific?
And instead of something she may had seen in real life, could it had been something she had seen on someones web-cam?

ALL MOO AND SPECULATION

Whatever Lindsay saw, it involved someone she knew. I can't think of any other reason why she would have had to think so hard, and so long, about telling someone - especially her own father. I don't know why she felt she couldn't tell her dad, though. I could understand not feeling comfortable discussing it with friends, even good ones, but I would trust a close family member enough to talk about something I found disturbing. Was it something that involved her dad/the family? Or was she (unknowingly, perhaps) a part of whatever happened?

I'm a little loopy, today, so I'm probably stating the obvious re: this disturbing event involving someone she knew. I'll have to come back when I can better articulate my thoughts.

ETA: I have to go back and read some of the articles because my memory is slightly fuzzy, but did Lindsay's dad suggest she tell someone about what she saw, in case something happened to her? I'm not a parent, but if anyone reading is, can you tell me if you would add "in case something happens to you" after hearing your child mention they saw something disturbing? I wonder if Lindsay said more to him than we know, and that's why he was so worried about her safety. I tend to think it's just a simple case of fatherly concern, but I do wonder. I'm not suggesting her dad had anything to do with her murder.

This case caught my eye because of this statement.

http://www.unsolved.com/murder.html
On December 10, the day before the fire, Lynn once again hinted to friends that she had uncovered some potentially explosive information

click on Lynn Amos

Hey guys...Are any of you still interested in sleuthing this? I just watched the Dateline special online on Sunday. I know I am about 2 mths behind when you all viewed it and last posted - haha - but I ditched cable years ago and watch everything online. So, when I was trying to find the Kyron special I stumbled across Lindsay Buziak's episode and am really intrigued to learn/sleuth more! Interesting stuff some of you posted earlier in the thread about similar crimes and/or possible connections.

I'm not sure what I think of the two boyfriends (the ex and the live-in one at the time). Overall, I think the live-in one - Jason - had more motive. Although, he is the one that the police publically cleared. Both he and his mother seemed to have a strange affect during their interviews, but maybe it is just a family personality thing. The ex-boyfriend seemed to be more straightforward about his feelings and opinions, just more concerned and believable IMO. It wasn't ever really made clear why they publically stated Jason was cleared but never did the same for the ex-boyfriend. Sorry I can't remember the ex-boyfriend's name, was it Matt?...All I remember was that her friends call him her (Lindsay's) "Mr Big". lol Anyway, I'm not saying it was either of the boyfriends, just giving my impressions.

The other thing I was thinking of is that maybe the type of person/people who'd target a realtor would be someone who'd gone through a negative experience in the real estate market, maybe even specifically with that agency or with a colleague of Lindsay's? Of course, as the foreclosure rate and other real estate disasters have increased over the years, it might be hard to narrow down any type of list of POIs as far as that being a motivation. In one of the local news videos, a fellow realtor said something about how the house had been on and off the market a couple of times, which made me wonder a little what the story was behind that.

Also, it is strange there were enough eyewitness/neighbor accounts that saw them arriving, even down to the detailed dress description of the woman. But, then, no one saw them leave? I don't remember hearing anything about what they drove. Did they arrive in a car? Or, just walk up to the property? Hmmmm....:twocents:

LillyRush, I'll have to double check, but I don't think anyone saw a car belonging to the potential buyers. As far as I know, the witness(es) told police that they had seen a man and a woman shaking hands with Lindsay. I don't think the witness(es) has/have been identified. The style of the woman's dress is thought to be significant, since it's been said that the style isn't something you wouldn't find in the area. I believe it was mentioned that the phone used to call Lindsay originated in Vancouver, and then traveled to Victoria. It was only activated a short time before her murder. As far as the house goes, allegedly the buyers told her they wanted a house within a certain price range (pretty expensive), and that they only had a certain amount of time to check it out. I don't know why Lindsay settled on that particular house, other than it met all of the requirements. I've read that she had a few other houses that could be looked at, in addition to the house she was murdered in, but this house was the first they looked at and so, obviously, they never made it to look at the others.

There's a lot of information that's been put out there, some really good stuff, but it's off the boards and out of mainstream media, so I don't think I can talk about it on here. I wish serious discussion of this case would take place here, since there is moderation and the nonsense I've seen wouldn't stand a chance. I'm definitely interested in the case but, again, anything I would like to mention doesn't appear to have an identifiable source.

I'll have to re-read the rules, or maybe someone more knowledgeable can let me know what type of information is off-limits. For example, if the case is being discussed on a public support page, is it fair game to talk about what's being said on this thread? There have been a number of interesting theories. I don't want to break any rules. It's frustrating when potentially valuable information doesn't show up in mainstream media.

Anyway, here's hoping that we can find a way to move forward with Lindsay's case.

This is quite an interesting (and tragic)situation because it involves attractive, affluent people and the "shady" drug dealer types they hung out with.

I think the local police got off on the wrong track because they assumed that since there was no evidence of sexual assult, it was not a sexually motivated crime. From there, they assumed it must have had a "personal" motive. They then found out that Lindsay had some "drug dealer" associates and they put two and two together. This led to a two year investigation that ended up a total dead end. It also led to a lot of gossip and speculation in the Victoria area that has hurt the reputation of people who are most likely totally univolved.

If it is, as I suspect, a sexually related crime by someone who only knew Lindsay from her photo in a Real Estate advert, it will probably never be solved. This may have had the positive effect of prompting Canadian Realtors to take security measures that have become standard in the US.

LillyRush, I'll have to double check, but I don't think anyone saw a car belonging to the potential buyers. As far as I know, the witness(es) told police that they had seen a man and a woman shaking hands with Lindsay. I don't think the witness(es) has/have been identified. The style of the woman's dress is thought to be significant, since it's been said that the style isn't something you wouldn't find in the area. I believe it was mentioned that the phone used to call Lindsay originated in Vancouver, and then traveled to Victoria. It was only activated a short time before her murder. As far as the house goes, allegedly the buyers told her they wanted a house within a certain price range (pretty expensive), and that they only had a certain amount of time to check it out. I don't know why Lindsay settled on that particular house, other than it met all of the requirements. I've read that she had a few other houses that could be looked at, in addition to the house she was murdered in, but this house was the first they looked at and so, obviously, they never made it to look at the others.

There's a lot of information that's been put out there, some really good stuff, but it's off the boards and out of mainstream media, so I don't think I can talk about it on here. I wish serious discussion of this case would take place here, since there is moderation and the nonsense I've seen wouldn't stand a chance. I'm definitely interested in the case but, again, anything I would like to mention doesn't appear to have an identifiable source.

I'll have to re-read the rules, or maybe someone more knowledgeable can let me know what type of information is off-limits. For example, if the case is being discussed on a public support page, is it fair game to talk about what's being said on this thread? There have been a number of interesting theories. I don't want to break any rules. It's frustrating when potentially valuable information doesn't show up in mainstream media.

Anyway, here's hoping that we can find a way to move forward with Lindsay's case.

Thanks, eachandevery, for the reply. The car is becoming a bit of a sticking point for me now in trying to understand how it all played out and where the suspects went after the murder. In one of the reenactments there is a black car in the driveway, which I'm assuming is supposed to represent Lindsay's car. It is just weird, again, that people would notice the pattern and color of the clothing and not a vehicle description.

I also don't remember the boyfriend Jason mentioning anything about another car being there.....yet he says when he first arrived he saw the shadows of people in the doorway. He was implying that when he first arrived that the alleged suspects were still there and that he may have driven up while the act was being committed. He also said that he pulled his own car/truck over to the side of the house on the main road while waiting for her to text him back, according to him so he would not seem like an intrusive boyfriend. So, assuming that is true, then you now have the boyfriend and his friend plus the neighbors who did not see a vehicle aside from Lindsay's there or actually see anyone leave. Also, how did the boyfriend know that she would be upstairs? In the videotaped reenactment he did for the police of his movements when he entered the house, he says that he immediately went upstairs and it probably only took him "2 seconds" to get up the stairs because he was moving so fast to get up there. He said that his friend stayed downstairs, presumably to look down there for her, but still why would he instinctively just go upstairs when she could have been anywhere in the house at that point? Maybe they had already discussed that he and his friend would split up, I don't know, but it's not made clear on the videotape.

Honestly, I know the more I'm typing the more it sounds like I'm aiming at the boyfriend Jason. lol But, seriously, either he was lying or the neighbors were lying and/or this man and woman had local neighborhood connections and were able to just walk back to wherever they came from? I know the phone was purchased in Vancouver, but that could mean nothing really other than someone purchased a phone in Vancouver. I mean, if it was a local Victoria, BC person then they could have easily done the phone purchase in another Canadian city intentionally to throw someone off the local track.

*These questions are mostly hypothetical and speculative, I understand no one can really answer them at this time. ;)

This is quite an interesting (and tragic)situation because it involves attractive, affluent people and the "shady" drug dealer types they hung out with.

I think the local police got off on the wrong track because they assumed that since there was no evidence of sexual assult, it was not a sexually motivated crime. From there, they assumed it must have had a "personal" motive. They then found out that Lindsay had some "drug dealer" associates and they put two and two together. This led to a two year investigation that ended up a total dead end. It also led to a lot of gossip and speculation in the Victoria area that has hurt the reputation of people who are most likely totally univolved.

If it is, as I suspect, a sexually related crime by someone who only knew Lindsay from her photo in a Real Estate advert, it will probably never be solved. This may have had the positive effect of prompting Canadian Realtors to take security measures that have become standard in the US.

I never got the impression that they spent two years on the drug connection theory. I thought that was just something that came up briefly during the course of the investigation and then they ruled it out when they discovered she was not an informant or anything like that. It seems to me that they spent the most time on the boyfriend theory and then once that didn't pan out they were back to square one. But, I don't know. Maybe local people are privy to additional news on this that has not been seen everywhere.

It is certainly possible that she was targeted through an ad or something like that, as you say. Sort of backs up my other theory that she was intentionally targeted as a realtor maybe by someone who had been slighted. Or, maybe someone obsessed with her after seeing her in the ads. Of course, it also could have been prompted by someone who was in competition with her and wanted to see her go down.

I think Jason's friend went over the fence, and got in through the patio door. I have to assume that he unlocked the front door for Jason. I don't know why Jason knew to go straight upstairs, and to that bedroom. Maybe he was familiar with the layout of the house, or there were obvious signs that upstairs was the way to go. Maybe bloody footprints, or something like that? Do the police have any evidence? How can two people viciously stab someone to death, and not leave any trace behind? Maybe, if this crime was personal as the Dateline experts have said, Jason knew what was going to happen, therefore he knew where to go. Plus, it would explain why he didn't go inside.

There's a lot of stuff about Jason's behaviour that makes me scratch my head, and his mother's behaviour has been really strange. However, I don't believe that he's directly responsible for Lindsay's murder, nor is her ex-boyfriend. I feel like I should be saying that I think Jason's responsible, but I don't. I can't explain why, and this could change as more information is uncovered.

I don't know why Jason sent Lindsay a text saying he was two minutes away, and then showed up only to sit around with his friend. Jason's friend is allegedly very afraid for his and his family's safety, and I can't figure out any good reasons as to why. When he went through (or over?) the fence, did he see the killers exiting the house, and know them? Did they, in turn, see him? And I'll go dig for a link, but I've read that three boards had been removed from the fence, prior to Lindsay's murder. Does that have anything to do with the case? I don't know.

I'm going to go back and look through all the news articles I can find. I want to have the facts that are available before I post keep going. I wish a lot of the stuff I've come across could be verified, because it would give us much more to work with when it comes to brainstorming.

Thank you, LillyRush, for giving this case the attention it deserves.

Lindsay seemed to attract, and be attacked to the kind of guys who were buffed out, drove nice cares, had lots of money and liked to hang out at hot clubs. Nothing wrong with that, except that some of these guys weren't exactly choirboys. Jason, her boyfriend, had a clean record (his mother was rich) but some of his friends had "checkered pasts", so to speak. All of this created a "red herring" that led Law Enforcement to pursue the "Drug Angle"

From what I could tell, Jason was the initial POI but he and the friend he was with, were checked out thoroughly and eliminated as suspects pretty early. I don't think Law Enforcement ever believed his Mother had anything to do with it. Still, the Victoria Rumor Mill went to work and Jason and his mother, as well as other people in the area with some connection, became subjects of suspicion and gossip.

Lindsay's Father has been very proactive in the investigation, as I would be. He made sure the police kept "at it" and he pressured the media to keep up the coverage. He may have contributed to the general belief that the killing originated from her circle of acquaintances. He did not, from what I could tell, encourage any of the rumors and he did make an effort to dispel them.

The couple who did the killing did a pretty good job of covering their tracks. No one saw a car; they used a non-traceable phone and there was no forensic evidence. There is a composite drawing that shows a rather ordinary, indistinctive "fortyish" couple. The women apparently wore a distinctive dress but I don't think there was any way to trace it. If this case is to be solved, they will need some “break” that hasn’t happened yet.

According to the Dateline episode :

1. Lindsay visited her father in Calgary on 12/07. She also spent quite a lot of time with some old friends she grew up with.

2. One month later, on 1/08, one of Lindsay's old friends, a man she had spent time with when she visited her father, was arrested. It was the largest cocaine bust in Alberta's history.
LE said that Lindsay was not an informant... But someone might have believed that she was. I think this is the most likely reason for her murder. Mistaken identity, in the sense that the people behind the killing believed she had informed.

3. Almost all of the information about the two people Lindsay met at the house came from JZ. Supposedly. Lindsay called them " the Mexicans ". She aslo supposedly told him she thought their accents might be fake.

I think they were hired professional killers. The multiple stabbings were meant to cast suspicion, to make this seem like a crime of passion,of rage. In reality, they didn't know her at all... Very sad and disturbing case...

Something else : the couple in the house were so skilled that they did not leave a single drop of their own DNA at the murder scene. After the killing, they simply walked away. Very competent and professional IMO. And so the question becomes : who had the resources,and the access, to such professional murderers ? I firmly believe this was an organized crime killing... Very scary. MOO.

All JMO

I think the same thing, lizb. Something happened here, where I live (also Canada), that is similar. A triple homicide of a family in their own home and police haven't said how they were killed, only that it wasn't by a gun. They have been tight lipped and there is no suspects or motive. I think professionals also use knives now-how scary!

I'm so sorry Lindsay that this happened to you!

There will be a walk for justice for Lindsay in Victoria BC on February 2, 2011.
Her father will lead the walk which starts at 10:00 AM at the Royal Oak Burial Park gates.

The 16km walk will end with a candle-light vigil at the Saanich Police station around 2:00 pm.

There will be a walk for justice for Lindsay Buziak on Feb. 2, 2011 in Victoria, BC
Her father will lead the walk, and it will start at 10:00 AM at the Royal Oak Burial Park gates.

It is a 16 km walk, and it will end with a candle-light vigil at approximately 2:00 pm at the Saanich Police station.

Please participate, if you are able. February 2nd is the 3rd anniversary of Lindsay's murder.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/01/24/17016716.html
Police: Missing men likely taken from mansion

By JENNY YUEN, QMI Agency

Peel police say Jun (Johnny) Fei Jiangou (Tony) Han went missing from a home at 1801 Featherston Drive in Mississauga.

TORONTO -- Investigators are remaining tight-lipped about what happened inside a Mississauga, Ont., mansion prior to the disappearance of a real estate agent and his client.

There will be a walk for justice for Lindsay Buziak on Feb. 2, 2011 in Victoria, BC
Her father will lead the walk, and it will start at 10:00 AM at the Royal Oak Burial Park gates.

It is a 16 km walk, and it will end with a candle-light vigil at approximately 2:00 pm at the Saanich Police station.

Please participate, if you are able. February 2nd is the 3rd anniversary of Lindsay's murder.

So tomorrow, Feb 2 2011, there is a walk for justice for Lindsay. I live very far from there, but, I hope alot of people show up and lend support to her family!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back