CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was privy to information dealing with her boyfriend and boyfriend's mom illegal dealings. When she started to let it be known that she was going to break off the relationship, she became a risk. Her boyfriend went about establishing an alibi prior to the attack, texting from different cell towers, calling numerous people, riding over with a guy from the office... Then he parks far away from the actual house? He was involved, he knew what was happening. You bring a guy over with you because you are nervous about her meeting, but you arrive late and then don't park in front of the house or go inside when you arrive? How were you there to protect her?

Lindsay traveled in a Social Circle that included a lot of Rich Kids that were supported or set up by their parents. This social set also included some pretty serious cocaine dealers. There is no reason to believe that Rich Kids like her boyfriend Jason were directly involved in drug dealing but social ties to drug dealing was pretty strong.

Lindsay, on her last visit back to her hometown of Calgary, visited a fairly big Cocaine distributor who was apparently and old friend. One of Lindsay’s best female friends in Victoria, who was also a sort of a mentor for her in the real estate business, had a boyfriend who was also a big time dealer.

It turns out that both of these guys got arrested shortly before Lindsay was murdered. The connection between Lindsay and these guys is hard to ignore but there is no reason to believe that Lindsay had any involvement in their operations or had cooperated in any way with Law Enforcement. Still, a lot of people who follow this case seem to believe that Lindsay was killed because somebody (probably falsely) thought Lindsay “ratted them out” or somebody feared that Lindsay knew to much and might turn States Evidence. Or, perhaps, she was killed “ in error” by someone involved in the business.

All indications are, at least if you believe what is written in the various forums on this case, that Lindsay had no connection with any of this business. Except for probably having a pretty good idea how some people made their money, she knew nothing. And, of all the people involved directly or indirectly in this circle, Lindsay was the only one murdered.

A lot of money and effort was spent on investigating Lindsay’s death and the drug rings she may have some connection to and nothing has turned up linking them. Plenty of people could have help themselves by providing this information to Law Enforcement but nobody has. The lack of evidence doesn’t prove that there was nothing there, it just leaves very unsatisfying doubt.

I personally believe it was a sexually motivated murder by total strangers who targeted her because she was young and attractive. If someone just wanted her dead, there would have been much safer, easier, cleaner ways to do it. I think the 40 stab wounds indicate the real motive.

If this was done by a couple who were acting out a fantasy of stabbing an attractive young woman and they have no other connection to her, it is unlikely to be solved.

Lindsay traveled in a Social Circle that included a lot of Rich Kids that were supported or set up by their parents. This social set also included some pretty serious cocaine dealers. There is no reason to believe that Rich Kids like her boyfriend Jason were directly involved in drug dealing but social ties to drug dealing was pretty strong.

Lindsay, on her last visit back to her hometown of Calgary, visited a fairly big Cocaine distributor who was apparently and old friend. One of Lindsay’s best female friends in Victoria, who was also a sort of a mentor for her in the real estate business, had a boyfriend who was also a big time dealer.

It turns out that both of these guys got arrested shortly before Lindsay was murdered. The connection between Lindsay and these guys is hard to ignore but there is no reason to believe that Lindsay had any involvement in their operations or had cooperated in any way with Law Enforcement. Still, a lot of people who follow this case seem to believe that Lindsay was killed because somebody (probably falsely) thought Lindsay “ratted them out” or somebody feared that Lindsay knew to much and might turn States Evidence. Or, perhaps, she was killed “ in error” by someone involved in the business.

All indications are, at least if you believe what is written in the various forums on this case, that Lindsay had no connection with any of this business. Except for probably having a pretty good idea how some people made their money, she knew nothing. And, of all the people involved directly or indirectly in this circle, Lindsay was the only one murdered.

A lot of money and effort was spent on investigating Lindsay’s death and the drug rings she may have some connection to and nothing has turned up linking them. Plenty of people could have help themselves by providing this information to Law Enforcement but nobody has. The lack of evidence doesn’t prove that there was nothing there, it just leaves very unsatisfying doubt.

I personally believe it was a sexually motivated murder by total strangers who targeted her because she was young and attractive. If someone just wanted her dead, there would have been much safer, easier, cleaner ways to do it. I think the 40 stab wounds indicate the real motive.

If this was done by a couple who were acting out a fantasy of stabbing an attractive young woman and they have no other connection to her, it is unlikely to be solved.

There was no sexual assault and a thrill kill like you describe would have not been so quick. A sadist would have sought to abduct. Way too much stuff connecting her to some sordid dealers that were trying to send a message.

Not even close

Wonder if the unusual outfit described by witnesses was similar to this designer dress? Just happened across the Dateline episode.
Lots of knock-offs in the mass produced fashion industry so probably no leads with the outfit.

Attachments

• Badgley Mischka dress.png
    Badgley Mischka dress.png
    519.9 KB · Views: 31
Good find! I was going with it but realized it looks pretty summery for February in BC.

Lindsay's dad will be on Dr Phil on Friday... It was filmed back in March.

https://www.saanichnews.com/news/fa...B-XE1h8QEUDvBUt1aYRv8AO0xLLGraMZIbaX5KSMwEJuI
I couldn't watch this for very long. IMO Jeff Buziak is doing much more harm than good in his approach to obtaining justice for his daughter. He's a grieving parent, but there's a reason we don't turn crime-solving over to grieving relatives, in our society. In addition, I think he's troubled by guilt that he admits he feels, for not having saved Lindsay. Perhaps to escape from the feeling of blame he places on himself, he's turned his focus to trying to blame the police, and her boyfriend.

For whatever reason, IMO he's doing the exact opposite of a good police investigation by publishing, and encouraging others to publish, every wild theory and accusation.

In contast, good police investigators don't reveal who they suspect, so that they can do surveillance, or probe through non-threatening questions, or even run a sting.

Good policing means following the evidence: gathering it, maintaining it's integrity, analysing it, it's the only way crimes can actually be solved, and successfully prosecuted. Anyone can speculate with wild guesses, based on the plot of their favorite soap opera/ mystery novel/TVshow.

Even worse, Buziak has published the names, photos and home addresses of various people he personally believes have something to do with the crime, none of whom have been named as suspects by police, some of whom have been officially declared as not suspects.

In contrast, police in Canada know they will get their case thrown out of court, if they give any appearance of having violated an accused person's right to a fair trial.

I believe police know a lot about this crime, and they have hinted at that through their statements. They want to catch the people who ordered the hit, not just the killers. They need to bring a case that will survive the stringent test of the court system, not just yell at someone in a parking lot. They may have to wait a long time for the right circumstances to set and spring a trap. These are not fools, who did this.

But now, even if police get sufficient evidence to charge the real culprits, the defense will use all of Jeff Buziak's very public accusations to try to get their clients off the hook. The defense will point to all the other's he's accused, as equally likely suspects (just like Charles Merritt's defense is trying to do in the McStay case). His insistence on police incompetence may also be used by defence lawyers to cast doubt about the quality of the police case.

Last edited:
So what bothers me about this case is that they called her on her cell phone which was not on her brochures. It was said they got the number from previous clients who were conveniently out of town. Who were these previous clients? I haven't seen a whole lot being mentioned about them from what I have read and watched. Who would even know who her previous clients were?

I couldn't watch this for very long. IMO Jeff Buziak is doing much more harm than good in his approach to obtaining justice for his daughter. He's a grieving parent, but there's a reason we don't turn crime-solving over to grieving relatives, in our society. In addition, I think he's troubled by guilt that he admits he feels, for not having saved Lindsay. Perhaps to escape from the feeling of blame he places on himself, he's turned his focus to trying to blame the police, and her boyfriend.

For whatever reason, IMO he's doing the exact opposite of a good police investigation by publishing, and encouraging others to publish, every wild theory and accusation.

In contast, good police investigators don't reveal who they suspect, so that they can do surveillance, or probe through non-threatening questions, or even run a sting.

Good policing means following the evidence: gathering it, maintaining it's integrity, analysing it, it's the only way crimes can actually be solved, and successfully prosecuted. Anyone can speculate with wild guesses, based on the plot of their favorite soap opera/ mystery novel/TVshow.

Even worse, Buziak has published the names, photos and home addresses of various people he personally believes have something to do with the crime, none of whom have been named as suspects by police, some of whom have been officially declared as not suspects.

In contrast, police in Canada know they will get their case thrown out of court, if they give any appearance of having violated an accused person's right to a fair trial.

I believe police know a lot about this crime, and they have hinted at that through their statements. They want to catch the people who ordered the hit, not just the killers. They need to bring a case that will survive the stringent test of the court system, not just yell at someone in a parking lot. They may have to wait a long time for the right circumstances to set and spring a trap. These are not fools, who did this.

But now, even if police get sufficient evidence to charge the real culprits, the defense will use all of Jeff Buziak's very public accusations to try to get their clients off the hook. The defense will point to all the other's he's accused, as equally likely suspects (just like Charles Merritt's defense is trying to do in the McStay case). His insistence on police incompetence may also be used by defence lawyers to cast doubt about the quality of the police case.

So what bothers me about this case is that they called her on her cell phone which was not on her brochures. It was said they got the number from previous clients who were conveniently out of town. Who were these previous clients? I haven't seen a whole lot being mentioned about them from what I have read and watched. Who would even know who her previous clients were?

These questions about the phone call have never really been addressed.

In 2019 in California, realtors always provide their cell phone number along with their office number. Was this the case in BC in 2008? If Lindsay received the mystery call on her personal cell phone, this would be very significant but can we be sure it is correct. LE does know what phone the call was received on because they know the incoming phone number. ( an untraceable burner phone purchased in Vancoveer)

The bigger mystery is who the referring client was. If the “referring client” were known, obviously they would be contacted and they would either know who they had passed the referral on to ( and the case would be solved) or they would deny they told anyone about Lindsay and it would be very suggestive that the murder was put in motion by someone in her office or someone familiar with her business dealings who would know the name of at least one former client. If the “mystery clients” who called happened to know the name of a former client who just happened to out town at the time and unable to be contacted and that former client did not make any referral, it would seem someone had access to Lindsay’s business records and would have had to make many calls to former clients, using some presence, before they found one who was really unavailable. Were former clients asked about such calls?

If the identity of the “referring client” wasn’t known, surely an effort was made to locate him or her. Contacting all former clients would have been simple because she was new in the business and hadn’t sold many houses. Even clients who she never actually sold a house to but spent enough time with her for them to feel she warranted a referral would be identifiable and should have been contacted. The claim that the client was “ out of town and couldn’t be reached” is pretty specific. It sounds like Lindsay spoke to someone rather than just getting a ring or voicemail. That person should have remembered the call from Lindsay. I believe that LE should have been able to identify the “ referring client” had they invested reasonable effort; if that “ referring client” really existed.

There is, of course, the possibility that the “ referring client” never existed and Lindsay made the story up to avoid the suggestion that she had been reckless in accepting the appointment. It is also possible that friends or family made the story up in a well meaning effort to protect her reputation. Hopefully the truth was told to the investigators.

My gut makes me think a former client or coworker was very angry with her. It was planned on real estate showing because it is work related. He may have used an accent because he had talked to her before. He would have already had her phone number.

I'm thinking it was someone close to her who knew her number and knew her client list. More than likely the clients that were mentioned were just picked at random from her client list. I agree that person who called her used a fake accent and was probably someone she had spoke to before. I'm just curious to know what those former clients had to say.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Did you know the Buziak case was reviewed by the RCMP Office of Investigational Standards and Practices? Do you know what they found? No corruption, cover ups or conspiracies but that they followed proper investigative processes and are well within the Canadian standards for Major Case Management. They also collaborated with the lower mainland IHIT team. This was a professional, targeted hit and the killers covered their tracks very well, sadly so well that after 11 years there have been no arrests. Sometimes murders are never solved, not always the fault of the LE responsible.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is going to take someone coming forward to get this case solved.

What confuses me the most is what her boyfriend saw when he arrived at the house. I've read he actually saw two people exit the house, I've also read that he saw the male suspect from behind outside the front door. I have also read he just saw the shadows of the people, both still inside the house. I'm wondering why there is no consensus as to what he saw when he arrived. As far as I know, there was no eyewitness accounts of anyone leaving the house from the front door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back