GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to WS genbug84. Three names as you have mentioned above: Love/Galgraith/Henneberry.

Has lived in St. John's Nfld, Halifax, Bedford, Pembroke and Calgary as near as I can figure out so far. Has gone to many schools (even one in the United States), worked at DND and has attended Dalhousie University and enrolled at Athabaskan University. Mind you this information is all taken with a huge grain of salt. She has been to the Dominican and a few places in Europe as well - again a grain of salt on this information.

I just keep wondering if anybody really knows who she is...really wonder what her true name is. LE is using Henneberry but ........

Once again welcome - from knowing her previously what are your thoughts/feelings on her being involved in something really sinister like this?

eleph

Thanks for the welcome!

I wasn't close with Vicki on a deep personal level at all, more acquaintances. She lived in Petawawa where I am from originally. As for my thoughts on her doing something like this ...to be perfectly honest I can see assault, drug use, maybe even stealing a car, but anything worse than that I dont know...

Both have criminal pasts which has obviously been reported in the media, I have heard through other mutual contacts of Vicki's that her fiance has beat her before and even had charges pressed against him for it. Now whether that is true or not, I'm not so say...

I would think if they DID do something horrible to Loretta perhaps Vicki was too scared to try to stop anything, with her fiances past. I really wish I knew more.

As for the names, people around here knew her as Victoria Galbraith, then her fb changed to Victoria Love, although I do not believe Love was a real surname, more just a username she acquired. I dont believe she ever used the Hennebery name in these parts.

This case has been eerily similar to the Noelle Piquette case in my home town Sarnia. Hopefully the outcome isn't the same.

Welcome :seeya: I hope not either. I am very familiar with that case too as I am about an hour away. There is a thread here on the case. Let me know if ya want the link aye? LOL :seeya:

Yes. That and the changes in the story as you said. Earlier he had said they had been living together the past three months. ( same time as pregnancy) but now he says they have only lived together a month ?? And he goes back to calling them her roommates.
" He said when he saw Saunders on the morning of Feb. 13 she told him she was going to try and get rent money from her roommates, Victoria and Blake.

The couple had moved in the month before and had yet to pay rent.

"She found them on Kijiji, and it has been a month or something and they didn’t pay the rent," said Surkultay."
He doesn't seem to be very clear on details now. Just an observation.

Anyone else find it odd, that Lorettas boyfriend refers to her in past tense, and that he has changed his story on how pregnant she really is??[/QUOTE]

He still has not said why she was not reported missing for so long, this really bugs me. They were living together as man and wife almost. If my wife was not home by evening without calling me I would be crazy by ten.Lol

What was the make of Loretta's car again? Can someone post a photo of it? I'm having trouble finding one. I remember it's sporty and blue.

He still has not said why she was not reported missing for so long, this really bugs me. They were living together as man and wife almost. If my wife was not home by evening without calling me I would be crazy by ten.Lol
He alludes to it when he says something to the effect that Loretta often worked on her thesis late into the early morning....that does not explain why he did not become concerned when he did not see her in days and his last supposed contact was Friday about her mother's maiden name.

I also thought it was strange about him referring to her in the past tense.

The pregnancy thing is also concerning her brother reported that Loretta had told him weeks ago that she was pregnant.

These concerns and others were brought up by people commenting on the fb page they were told to quit that they were only allowed to post positive things as per the family.

It looks like the car thieves did something to her prior to stealing her car and fleeing. Her body is probaby somewhere between home and the location of the car ... which means it could be a long time before she is found.

"Ontario Provincial Police arrested Leggette and Henneberry earlier this week on charges of possession of stolen property, which were stayed during a court appearance Friday in Windsor.

One of their lawyers said they were also remanded for six days to give authorities from Nova Scotia time to bring them to Halifax...

A provincial court document filed by Halifax police alleges the pair, who live at the same apartment on Cowie Hill Road in the city, stole the 2000 Toyota Celica that belongs to Saunders."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/family...-for-loretta-saunders-1.1697489#ixzz2u0WFq5tx

I am not sure if anyone has posted this article. It was written by the professor who is supervising her honours degree thesis. It is very moving and paints a wonderful picture of who Loretta is.

Loretta Saunders: Courage, Strength, and Resilience

The last time I met with Loretta Saunders, two weeks ago, I had never felt more inspired and proud of a student. She had sent me her thesis proposal the week before, and at nearly 11,000 words (28 pages), it was 3 times what the department expected of honours student proposals. Beyond its remarkable length, Loretta carefully presented her research in what I recognized as the most beautifully written and cared-for assignment I had ever read in seven years of university teaching, evaluating literally thousands of assignments. I was so buoyed by her rigorous writing and research that I sent her a message telling her so.

My prayers are with Loretta and her brave family. I pray that she somehow finds her way home.

NEW COMMENT: I see that others have posted a link to the above article and commented on it. I am of Italian ancestry but was married to a First Nations Traditional healer for a number of years and travelled extensively with him. My husband passed away a few years ago, but I am still part of the Indigenous community in Manitoba and participate in ceremony, etc. After reading the article, it is my opinion that this professor wanted to write something about Loretta to explain how she had overcome many of the challenges that she faced in her young life and has found her purpose and her voice -- and is working for the good of her people. He probably wanted to offset any of the information published about her past addiction issues, etc. I feel that he wanted to honour her in some way and let others know that she IS somebody and not just a possible future statistic. This is my opinion, of course, but I wanted to put it out there for all of you to consider.

Also, please understand that there is a huge dialogue going on here in this country regarding violence against Canada's Indigenous women - and this has been going on daily for many, many months. In the community, we all know someone who has been touched by this violence. There is only a degree or two of separation between most of us and a missing or murdered Aboriginal Woman or Girl. The fact that (see quote below) Loretta has been guided in her research by several Mi'kmaq Elders is VERY SIGNIFICANT. This young woman has made a commitment to seek out truth by walking a difficult but rewarding path.

Loretta’s research broaches a topic that is largely taboo in Canadian society: the heartbreaking phenomenon of missing and murdered indigenous women. In particular, Loretta aims to understand the disappearance and/or death of three indigenous women in Nova Scotia. Over the past three months, as her decision to tackle this difficult issue crystalized, she had received guidance from several Mi’kmaq women, all important spiritual and community leaders impacted by and concerned with the disproportionate violence that indigenous women and girls continue to experience in Nova Scotia and in Canada.

My hope is once the 2 are brought back to NS that 1 of them provide answers.

I noticed that they each had their own lawyer so hopefully one of them rolls on the other.

I am not sure if anyone has posted this article. It was written by the professor who is supervising her honours degree thesis. It is very moving and paints a wonderful picture of who Loretta is.

Loretta Saunders: Courage, Strength, and Resilience

My prayers are with Loretta and her brave family. I pray that she somehow finds her way home.

I agree with the poster upthread who said that if students were asked to submit a 10 page thesis proposal, and one student submitted a 28 page proposal, most instructors would send it back with a note that it needs to be condensed to 10 pages. It does sound like she was very passionate about her proposal, and there's something off with the fact that she wanted to write about missing women and now she is missing.

I agree with the poster upthread who said that if students were asked to submit a 10 page thesis proposal, and one student submitted a 28 page proposal, most instructors would send it back with a note that it needs to be condensed to 10 pages.

As I stated in my previous comment -- Loretta consulted Elders when writing her proposal and probably quoted them in her proposal. The instructor would have respected that and respected what she said. Maybe she included some personal experiences in it… whatever. If the instructor is also an Indigenous person, he would accepted what she wrote even if it was 28 pages, not 10.

IMO, that fact that the two individuals that were arrested with her car and credit cards are probably involved in her disappearance, not the instructor. Also, I believe it is just a terrible coincidence that she wrote her proposal about missing and murdered women and now she is missing. A terrible coincidence that just illustrates the severity of the issue.

Statistics Canada reports that Aboriginal women are significantly overrepresented as victims of homicide.
Between 1997 and 2000, homicide rates of Aboriginal females were almost seven times higher than those of non-Aboriginal females.
 Often overlooked or ignored is the extreme vulnerability of women in the sex trade. Between 1991 and 2004, 171 women involved in prostitution were killed in Canada; 45% of these homicides remain unsolved (Statistics Canada 2006a, p. 37).
 Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) data published in Amnesty International Canada’s report Stolen Sisters: Discrimination and Violence Against Indigenous Women in Canada indicate that Aboriginal women between the ages of 25 and 44 with Indian status are five times more likely than other women of the same age to die as the result of violence.
 NWAC’s research indicates that homicides involving Aboriginal women are more likely to go unsolved. Only 53% of murder cases in NWAC’s Sisters In Spirit database have been solved, compared to 84% of all murder cases across the country.

SOURCE: http://www.nwac.ca/files/download/NWAC_3E_Toolkit_e_0.pdf

Also:

A link to a more involved report regarding the issue:
The Tragedy of Missing and Murdered Aboriginal Women in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics