GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just heartbreaking to hear this news. I didn't see how the ending could be different but it's still painful to have it acknowledged.

My deepest condolences go out to her family and friends.

They were not roommates LS sub let her apartment to them.
If they had just kicked her out of the car she could of flagged down a passing motorist. Where she was found was on the Trans Canada it is heavily traveled.
Also if they had not meant to kill her the charge would be manslaughter. The charge of murder in Canada means a deliberate act meant to kill.

In the articles I have read the other two are described as room mates who had been living with her for a month (see here)

You can read about what constitutes murder in Canada as opposed to manslaughter here. Specifically:

4) is in the commission of an offense and does something he knows or ought to know may cause death (even if death is not intended).

The critical difference is the intent. If you drop someone off at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night in winter, you know there is a high probability of injury or death, but you do it anyway. That would meet the criteria for a murder charge.

My point is, we are making a big assumption that she was physically murdered - just the act of kicking her out of the car would lead to the same charge.

I doubt it was murder murder, there was no attempt to hide the body. These were all room mates, what most likely happened is that there was some sort of argument and they kicked her out of the car. At this time of the year in most places in Canada if you are lightly dressed you would die of exposure pretty quickly. The other two probably didn't know exactly what happened to her, and the police found the body after they explained what happened. They would have just gone to where she had been left, and the body would not have been too far from there.

It will be interesting to hear the cause of death. Your theory is interesting, but I don't believe it was accidental. Nor being pushed from the car. She was in the center median. The driver would have to throw her out the driver's side window or door, unless there were 2 people seated in the drivers seat, or they were driving the wrong way in the hammer lane on the Trans Canada highway. I believe this is a 2 door vehicle. That eliminates being ejected from the rear seat by another rear seat passenger.

Tugela,

I am sorry but now is not the time to rehash media reports. Don't believe everything your 6 o'clock news tell you. Read the feed, get the facts, and then present your theory, but for us mourning her loss, it hurts to see people bring up such ideas when even we are 5 steps behind the officials and know Loretta was subletting her place to them

One thing I don't understand--why are police waiting to announce the suspects in the homocide? Is it possible that there is another besides V and B? Perhaps it was just the way that he was represented in the media, but I too got a bad vibe about YS using the past tense in interviews, talking low and avoiding questions, mediating with objects while discussing LS. He has a considerable academic history on LinkedIn, and so I do not buy that he simply did not know what to do if a friend went missing--mentioning it to any of his friends would have solved that problem immediately; his English is also quite good. Perhaps he feels guilty about letting LS go to collect the rent by herself; perhaps he did not report her missing because he was afraid that it was related to illegal drug use; perhaps he never had much hope that LS was alive;--in any case, there is definitely something off about him in the interviews. I hope that a thorough search of their briefly shared apartment was rigorously combed over for any possible connections. It still think that is possible that V and B's crime of opportunity may have been stealing the car after LS went missing for a day or so.
New to the community--thoughts?

Police are still investigating. When they know what happened, they'll bring the appropriate charges. The suspects are in custody and will remain in custody because they both had prior arrest warrants.

In the articles I have read the other two are described as room mates who had been living with her for a month (see here)

You can read about what constitutes murder in Canada as opposed to manslaughter here. Specifically:

The critical difference is the intent. If you drop someone off at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night in winter, you know there is a high probability of injury or death, but you do it anyway. That would meet the criteria for a murder charge. point is, we are making a big assumption that she was physically murdered - just the act of kicking her out of the car would lead to the same charge.
I do doubt that they kicked her out of the car. Salsbury is 20 km from Moncton on a well traveled road if she was fine she could of flagged a car down .She was also last seen wearing winter gear coat, hat, boots. Both accused are known to be aggressive, he had warrant for assault in Calgary and she had a warrant in NS for uttering threats.Both were charged with fraud for using her card meaning they stole it. Both were charged with stealing her car and they had her phone which someone text the bf on the evening of the 13th looking for info to access to her online banking info.Someone also text her sister on Feb 14th, the sister does not believe the text came from LS. This was not a tiff between room mates.
Her bf has stated and all the recent MSM have stated she sub let the apartment to the 2 accused who she met through Kijii and she had moved into her bf's apartment in Jan. She left her bf's apt the morning of the 13th to go over to the sublet apt to pick up overdo rent.
I will wait however until they are actually charged and the police bring forth the evidence.
VH goes to court tomorrow and BL on Friday.

This was in the original report, now updated:

Police did not say why they think Saunders is dead.

"Unfortunately, we're confident Ms. Saunders has passed," he said.

Bourdages said more than one person will face murder charges and that they would be laid "as soon as possible."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...tion-1.2552572

This means that LE knew as fact that Loretta was dead before they found her. This case was called a homicide before her body was found. IMO VH told police exactly where to find her body, not where they "dropped her off" while alive. If she was tied up, unable to walk, even in the car against her will alive and conscious, there would be a kidnapping charge and because she died, a murder charge. JMO

I do doubt that they kicked her out of the car. Salsbury is 20 km from Moncton on a well traveled road if she was fine she could of flagged a car down .She was also last seen wearing winter gear coat, hat, boots. Both accused are known to be aggressive, he had warrant for assault in Calgary and she had a warrant in NS for uttering threats.Both were charged with fraud for using her card meaning they stole it. Both were charged with stealing her car and they had her phone which someone text the bf on the evening of the 13th looking for info to access to her online banking info.Someone also text her sister on Feb 14th, the sister does not believe the text came from LS. This was not a tiff between room mates.
Her bf has stated and all the recent MSM have stated she sub let the apartment to the 2 accused who she met through Kijii and she had moved into her bf's apartment in Jan. She left her bf's apt the morning of the 13th to go over to the sublet apt to pick up overdo rent.
I will wait however until they are actually charged and the police bring forth the evidence.
VH goes to court tomorrow and BL on Friday.

Just high lighting this part to help clear up any misunderstandings from old non factual news reports.

With all due respect I think you're giving them way too much credit.

They were never her roommates. They merely sublet her apartment when she moved in with her boyfriend and I don't believe they'd even been there for more than a month or so?

I personally believe they cold-blooded murdered her. I also believe that they attempted to get her debit card info AFTER she was already dead. I don't believe for a minute that they just opened the car door on the highway and told her to get out. I believe, sadly, that she was dead in the car and they essentially dumped her body out of the car, like a bag of trash.

May the perps both rot in hell, but sadly here in Canada, criminals don't ever get the prison time that they deserve, which is a freaking joke.

I doubt it was murder murder, there was no attempt to hide the body. These were all room mates, what most likely happened is that there was some sort of argument and they kicked her out of the car. At this time of the year in most places in Canada if you are lightly dressed you would die of exposure pretty quickly. The other two probably didn't know exactly what happened to her, and the police found the body after they explained what happened. They would have just gone to where she had been left, and the body would not have been too far from there.

It's no excuse though, here in Canada we understand what winter means and the consequences of doing something like that. From a legal point of view it would be regarded as reckless endangerment resulting in death, and that would result in a homicide charge. LE would have known what being abandoned in the cold meant, so there would have been zero sympathy for these two from them.

Something similar happened here in BC the other day, there was a house party where one of the guests was intoxicated and became belligerent, which resulted in the other people at the party kicking him out. Unfortunately he was drunk, lightly dressed with no shoes, so he was found outside the next day frozen to death. IIRC there were no charges placed since it did not appear to be a deliberate act.

So sorry to get here this morning and read the news.

Rest peacefully Loretta

:rose:

I agree ^ that these 2 murdered poor Loretta in cold blood. IMO they killed her for wanting rent money. They killed for her car and her bank card. They killed her because they have no regard for human life. Murders happen everyday across the Country with much less to gain. May their lives be eternal hell for what they have taken :jail:

It certainly looks like someone talked (((YAY)))), I was worried they or she at least would have gotten bail. I don't give whomever much credit for talking as her body would have been discovered relatively soon as she was in such an open area & the weather would be warming up soon, which the confessor would have known. Hopefully the "other" idiot will plead guilty and save everyone (especially the family) a trial.

Halifax Police Const. Pierre Bourdages told CTV News Channel Wednesday before Saunders’ remains were located that investigators had identified suspects “and they are not looking for anyone else.” The investigation is “ongoing and charges are anticipated,” he said.

That photo of her makes me sick...it's like she's enjoying the attend...and has no remorse.

Sickening and scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member