GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree this does not look good. I live in rural Nova scotia formerly from Windsor Ontario. This is a long drive at least 22 hours as mentioned previously. I also agree they must have taken the trans canada as the weather has been rough throught eastern canada this past week. the post that mentioned the forensic investigators at her apt. was this the apt she was subletting? or the one she shared with her bf? Harrow is approx a 30-40 min drive from Windsor, not much out there from what I can remember. Where are these two from?

The investigators were at the sub-let apartment most of the day yesterday.

Sounds as tho the sublet apt. "May" be a crime scene. Pure speculation on my part and assumption based on time spent in the apt. by Investigators. "If" that is the case Loretta cant be far IMO. Would they travel that far with Loretta? Of course still hoping Loretta is found alive :please: Another aspect. Why Harrow Ont? do they know somebody? I'm about 45 minutes away from Harrow. Population cant be much more than a few thousand. Not much there period. Many country roads. Would they be headed for the U.S. border? Only way to cross as of late is the Bridge from either Windsor or Sarnia (from that general area) Lakes have been frozen for some time so no Ferry's are running.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...se-halifax-police-to-arrest-accused-1.2544794

bbm
"Halifax investigators said they'll travel to Ontario soon to return the accused to Nova Scotia to answer to the charges.

Halifax Regional Police Const. Pierre Bourdages said the pair had outstanding warrants in Halifax and Calgary. Police told CBC a fraud charge against Leggette is connected to his improper use of Saunders's bank card.

The man who owns the home where the car was found told CBC News he's friends with the 28-year-old woman and that the couple had been staying with him for the last few days.

Police said Leggette and Henneberry know Saunders.

Saunders, an Inuit woman from Newfoundland and Labrador, is a student at Saint Mary's University. Her thesis focuses on missing and murdered aboriginal women, making her disappearance a surreal irony for her family"

"Police are also reportedly saying they have found Saunders’ debit card and that it was allegedly used several times by both Leggette and Henneberry."

I hope they nail these SOBs!

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1188521-duo-arrested-with-saunders-car-to-be-returned-to-halifax

bbm.
" Other documents show Henneberry also went by the last name Galbraith and that she had addresses on Gottingen Street in Halifax and Victoria Road in Truro. Henneberry also allegedly used the last name Love at one point.

Meanwhile, the people who are trying to assist Saunders’ family are redoubling their efforts. There are two fundraising plans underway to help the Newfoundland and British Colombia residents offset their costs of staying in Halifax and distributing posters. A crowdsourcing attempt on the GoGundMe website called Help Find Loretta Fund had $1,870 in pledges by 11 a.m. Thursday, with a target of $10,000.

As well, an open letter from Saint Mary’s students is asking the school to help Saunders’s family handle the financial challenges during the search for her.

In another development Thursday, Saunders’ thesis supervisor Darryl Leroux wrote on Facebook that he worked closely with her over the past eight months and found her to be a “uniquely brilliant student.”

“I had never felt more inspired and proud of a student,” he wrote. “We discussed her thesis project, which she had carefully presented in a proposal that was the best written project I had ever read in seven years of university teaching.”"

Thanks for the updates folks^. So they managed to get Loretta to tell them her PIN for her debit card :scared::banghead:

Thanks for the updates folks^. So they managed to get Loretta to tell them her PIN for her debit card :scared::banghead:

Yes, it appears to be that way. The debit card was used multiple times in Ontario so that leads me to thinking that Loretta is probably in Ontario somewhere?

Yes, it appears to be that way. The debit card was used multiple times in Ontario so that leads me to thinking that Loretta is probably in Ontario somewhere?

Could be. Would they travel with Loretta if she was (gulp) no longer "with" us? All they would need is the PIN number and could use the debit card anywhere. They had her car and her debit card. Taking Loretta with them alive or otherwise sure would be a risk. Not out of the realm of possibilities tho.

Not necessarily her brother reported that her boy friend received a text message supposedly from her saying that she locked herself out of her online account and could not remember her mother's maiden name. It does not state what the boyfriends reply was.

I pray she is still alive. Poor Loretta how terrifying for her and more so being pregnant. Such a bright future :please: And what have these <Mod Snip> ever contributed to society :banghead:

Sadly I don't think they took her for the ride. I think they got what they wanted, killed her and dumped her body somewhere in Nova Scotia. I don't think she's in Ontario. :(

Not necessarily her brother reported that her boy friend received a text message supposedly from her saying that she locked herself out of her online account and could not remember her mother's maiden name. It does not state what the boyfriends reply was.

True enough - maybe the boyfriend supplied the mother's maiden name to unlock the debit card.

Sadly I don't think they took her for the ride. I think they got what they wanted, killed her and dumped her body somewhere in Nova Scotia. I don't think she's in Ontario. :(

Agree. They got what they wanted.

Gulp ... so the crime scene could be anywhere along the highway in Nova Scotia.

True enough - maybe the boyfriend supplied the mother's maiden name to unlock the debit card.

That's even more terrifying. It probably means Loretta wouldn't give them her PIN #

What did they do to her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member