GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ugh. How disgusting. When two are involved in murder, there is always a breakdown and things come out, mainly the truth. Hope to see this in another upcoming Canadian case. RIP Loretta.

At a four-day preliminary hearing held last summer, the court was shown a video recorded by Leggette on Feb. 8, 2014, showing he and Henneberry arguing as they appear to discuss killing Saunders.

No context was provided for the video, but in it Leggette tells Henneberry: "You think this is all gonna get blamed on me?"

Later, she tells Leggette: "You said you wanted to kill Loretta." He asks her where he said that, and Henneberry replies: "Stop lying." http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...-case-300926211.html?cx_navSource=d-more-news They video taped themselves talking about the murder. Rocket scientists these 2 are not. I wonder if they used her phone?

The more I read and think in it it makes me wonder if it was all about the 'fame ' of it. More so than the not having the rent. If they were actually filming themselves days before the murder planning it and his sick desire to be published...
Were they hoping that a book deal would lead to a movie and becoming 'notorious' . Seems all the rage these days to get your 15 min at any cost. When you have minds as sick as theirs, IMO, that led them to one thought only on how to do it, murder. Poor Loretta was just the convienient target.
Another reason I think this is I really don't buy the guilty plea for this reason ..."He did not want to have the Saunders family go through the very gruelling process of a public trial with all of that evidence coming out." Except for the last bit. He was concerned about the evidence coming out. Evidence that anyone sitting in the courtroom could use to write their own book. Did he realize his statement on how he killed her would come out anyway I wonder ? I think he wanted the only ppl with all the details to be himself and VH.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/04/29/two-face-sentencing-in-murder-of-loretta-saunders.html

"Two statements of fact have been submitted to the court that say Leggette and Henneberry were having financial difficulties soon after they moved into a sublet room in Saunders’ apartment, which they had found through a Kijiji ad in January 2014.

The documents say the two wanted to get out of Halifax, but they don’t say why.

“Mr. Leggette planned to kill Ms. Saunders, take her car and leave the province,” both statements say.

On Feb. 13, 2014, Saunders went to collect rent from the couple but they didn’t have the money, and Henneberry lied when she said she had lost her bank card and needed to contact her bank, according to one of the statements.

Leggette then grabbed Saunders by the throat and choked her, but the young woman fought back, managing to tear through the three plastic bags he pulled over her head.

At one point, Leggette and Saunders fell down. He twice hit her head on the floor and she stopped moving."

Oh FFS. Too bad. I was distraught? Pffttttt

I am also wondering if she forgot the video where she is berating BL for not having the balls to kill LS? What a waste of resources this is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back