GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She doesn't seem to. This family needs someone to help them to understand. Not someone to raise money, someone to step forward and explain the process to them.

They.need.help.

You would think there would be a victim advocate available for the family.

You would think there would be a victim advocate available for the family.

I get the feeling that they don't trust many people. I wonder if they have turned it away. There , at this time is no one that is speaking for the family...

Sara was supposed to meet her mother the following day. She didn't. She camped in her van. Did not live in it.

She did. There's a photo of a cat on her Victoria Love facebook pictures. It's a cat with some white, but different colours around the eyes. It's a different cat than in the pictures of Sara Coates.

It's interesting that Sara Coates was last seen in August, her vehicle is hidden 50 miles West, and Victoria left Calgary (heading West) at the same time.

Sara was supposed to meet her mother the following day. She never did. She camped in her van but did not live in her van.

Her sister has started a wordpress blog detailing her grief process from the time Loretta was found. She shares memories of difficult family relations and implies distaste towards the authorities involved. She is a very well spoken young lady. I'm sure Loretta was very proud of her.

With the trial date(s) set let the fundraising begin again....

One up now trying to raise $15,000 for travel expenses to trial...
And DS had one posted earlier today to raise money to buy a $1,000 laptop (for her writing) since been removed.

Oh, also. Did anyone else notice VH facebook page "Victoria Love" is gone now? I'm quite surprised it was up as long as it was!

Strange how all new ppl that were tweeting stopped at the same time. Judge must have ordered it maybe ??

A question I have is if there is only 1 trial do both have to be convicted of the same crime or can 1 be convicted of 1st degree and the 2nd for example be convicted of manslaughter?

The pre-trial hearing with a live tweed feed for anyone following the case (source link below); they are being tried for first degree murder:

The case of two people charged in the death of Loretta Saunders is in court today for a pre-trial hearing.
The proceeding in Halifax is to determine the admissibility of evidence in the homicide case of Blake Leggette and Victoria Henneberry.
They are both charged with first-degree murder and their four-week jury trial is scheduled to start April 20 in Nova Scotia Supreme Court.
Henneberry's lawyer has put forth a motion to have the two accused tried separately, a move Leggette's lawyer supports.
But the Crown opposes that motion and Judge Josh Arnold has yet to rule on it.
The 26-year-old was found dead in a wooded area off the Trans-Canada Highway in New Brunswick two weeks after she disappeared from her Halifax apartment a year ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...case-in-court-for-pre-trial-hearing-1.2970756

I never imagined that it would take so long to throw the book at these two.

The pre-trial hearing with a live tweed feed for anyone following the case (source link below); they are being tried for first degree murder:

The case of two people charged in the death of Loretta Saunders is in court today for a pre-trial hearing.
The proceeding in Halifax is to determine the admissibility of evidence in the homicide case of Blake Leggette and Victoria Henneberry.
They are both charged with first-degree murder and their four-week jury trial is scheduled to start April 20 in Nova Scotia Supreme Court.
Henneberry's lawyer has put forth a motion to have the two accused tried separately, a move Leggette's lawyer supports.
But the Crown opposes that motion and Judge Josh Arnold has yet to rule on it.
The 26-year-old was found dead in a wooded area off the Trans-Canada Highway in New Brunswick two weeks after she disappeared from her Halifax apartment a year ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...case-in-court-for-pre-trial-hearing-1.2970756

I never imagined that it would take so long to throw the book at these two.

I really hope that the Judge rules that there is only one trial! It seems so nasty to stretch this out -- it is difficult for the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back