Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, Olive Dell Ranch nudist resort, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could it be that Daniel let somehow their dog escape when dark, and they rushed in their car to look for Cuddles, saw him, wandered off the car and then got lost as the dog ran away. Now apparently Stephanie cannot walk without cane but maybe in the rush she forgot it.
Elderly people do not always have the reflex to always have their mobile phone on them

I thought about a scenario like this but since the news article said neither one of them is very physically mobile and wouldn't have been able to walk far, I would expect they'd be located near-ish where the car was found, or at least still within the RV park, but it seems they aren't there.

I wonder if the inside of the house looks in disarray? Even if the dog got out and they went after it, I would think she would have at least grabbed the cane since she can't walk without it. IMO
But if she can't walk without her cane, and he doesn't walk well either, if they didn't leave on their own, that means someone carried them out and also took the dog, which seems like a difficult physical task and even less likely, imo, than them walking the distance to their car to drive around looking for their dog.

I don't know what happened, of course, but my hunch is they walked out of the house on their own to the car - and something caused them to get out of the car. But....why aren't they found BY the car? They couldn't go far!

jmo

Here is a link to the YouTube version of the KTLA news video linked in post #2 previously. I've linked it to start @ 1:49 which shows what I presume to be the location of where their car was found....a pull-in to the driveway of a large gated property. Then there's a clip of cars parked in a row. This is in a different spot. Is this at the police compound?

Here is a link to the spot of the residential driveway where I presume that their car was found.
googlemaps possible car location

Thanks for the video, super useful !
they say she has multiple sclerosis so imdeed she could not have walked away without her cane to search for the dog. And I was thinking, had they had a medical emergency, why didn t they call on their close friends and neighbours ?
I wonder if they did not get into another car at this point, let s see if dogs find their trace

But if she can't walk without her cane, and he doesn't walk well either, if they didn't leave on their own, that means someone carried them out and also took the dog, which seems like a difficult physical task and even less likely, imo, than them walking the distance to their car to drive around looking for their dog.

I don't know what happened, of course, but my hunch is they walked out of the house on their own to the car - and something caused them to get out of the car. But....why aren't they found BY the car? They couldn't go far!

jmo

I wonder if their car was found in working order. Could it have been broken down and they got a ride with someone else?

mulling over ideas....

What would cause them to leave the house suddenly?
- One of them had a medical emergency? It would have to be serious and sudden enough to head out without telling their friends, but not so serious that one of them was incapacitated. I presume that Dan doesn't drive due his dementia so if there was an emergency related to Stephanie I presume they would call neighbors for help. Could Dan have experienced a delirium episode? Could he have been paranoid and rushed out of the house to jump in the car and Stephanie rushed after him and jumped in as well with their dog? This wouldn't explain why they haven't been found near their car though.

- Were they contacted about a sudden family emergency by an extended family member or old acquaintance? Them perhaps the person said they would drive them to see the sick/injured person by meeting them up the road since the driver couldn't get through the Olive Dell gate at that early hour? Hurry!

- Did an extended family member or old acquaintance or someone with a past feud have unexpectedly stopped by to visit them; harmed them and drove them off in their own vehicle after leaving his own vehicle down the road? Wouldn't Olive Dell have a record of visitors who came and went? Do you need a resident to let you in? I can't imagine that the gate is manned much of the time if at all. There aren't that many residents.

- Did the couple have an argument with a neighbor? With management?

- Was it an unknown criminal who broke into their home that caused their disappearance? I think this is far-fetched as those RVs are packed very closely together at Olive Dell and it's a gated park.

ETA: Looking closer at the map I noticed that there appears to be another secondary way into the park...via Dejager Dr. Although it looks on google maps to have a gate as well. But it would be easy enough to pull up that road and walk in on a trail off to the side.

Last edited:
Here is the website for Olive Dell RV park.
Olive Dell Ranch: Family-Friendly Nudist Resort

It seems that it isn't just a long-stay residential RV park as they also have daily rates. They have a pool, tennis court, clubhouse, 5 miles of hiking trails and they organize regular activities.

And, to answer one of my own questions above, the front gate hours vary by day and season, but on Saturday Aug 24 the gate hours were 9am - 8pm.

On Saturday Aug 24 there was an 'acoustic concert' scheduled.

Thanks for the video, super useful !
they say she has multiple sclerosis so imdeed she could not have walked away without her cane to search for the dog. And I was thinking, had they had a medical emergency, why didn t they call on their close friends and neighbours ?
I wonder if they did not get into another car at this point, let s see if dogs find their trace
If she didn't leave on her own, then someone had to have carried her.

jmo

“There’s no way that Stephanie or Dan could have walked away from that car,” friend Tammie Wilkerson told ABC. “She has a cane. It was at home, her purse, their cellphones — things they would never have left at home.”

The couple lives at the Olive Dell nudist ranch, which on its website bills itself as “Southern California’s favorite nudist resort for families and couples.”

The Colton, California, ranch sits just a few miles from San Bernardino and Riverside, and is the “ideal spot to enjoy the nudist/naturist lifestyle whether visiting for the day or an overnight stay,” the site added

But the pair — who are active in the Olive Dell community and in their church — had been embroiled in a lawsuit against the complex, and friends said they’d been getting harassed about it.

Here is an article about increasing uncertainty and challenges at longstanding nudist resorts. Olive Dell Ranch is one of the resorts mentioned in the article.

Nudism at a crossroads in California

I don't like the fact that the previous owners, who apparently stayed on as managers of the property, had "vacated their managerial roles under uncertain circumstances".

Nudism at a crossroads in California

However, the uncertainty at Olive Dell was compounded just last week when residents each received a letter in their mailbox announcing new instructions for issuing rent checks and that the K******** had vacated their managerial roles under unclear circumstances.

*Last name in above-quoted paragraph starred out for privacy*.

JMVHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manipulikka
Back