CANADA Canada - Louis Gonick, 21, UBC student, Vancouver, 16 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No MSM posted in recent month's. Louis' father passed away in November. :( His poor mother, my God.

No news on Louis... Hoping he did not use the bridge as a means to an end :(

No news on Louis... Hoping he did not use the bridge as a means to an end :(
If Louis did enter the water, wondering how common it is for bodies to resurface from that spot?

Bumping for Louis.
No real progress made in month since Louis Gonick disappeared
Screen_Shot_2017-04-19_at_11.52.38_AM-medium.jpg

A photo of him captured by the taxi cab surveillance camera was also included in the press conference’s handout.

louis-cab.png

RCMP
As a result, the RCMP has conducted an “extensive land and marine search” at this location and the surrounding area within Stanley Park. The Coast Guard, West Coast Marine Services, the Vancouver Police Marine Unit and Vancouver Port Authority were also involved.

If Louis did enter the water, wondering how common it is for bodies to resurface from that spot?
It's very unpredictable, it would depend on the tides and what part of the bridge. Parts of First Narrows are more shallow, but there is a very deep channel (on the mountain side), where ocean-going freighters pass under the bridge. That can create very strong, deep currents, and probably there are many features underwater that prevent resurfacing. There are cases that have never been found. A random case from googling from 2014: A mother looks for answers

Note that for the most part, police avoid releasing information about suicides because of the contagion effect, it can lead to other attempts.

No news on Louis in over a year... but he is on my mind. I feel he likely took his own life and I hope I'm wrong, but everything points to that. Sending love and light to his mom and his friends this Christmas.

Still no news. I remember when he went missing, it was a shock to student populace. The general thought was that he took his own life, it was close to finals season, maybe the stress got to him. The resource centers on campus for mental health issues were quite hard to access in 2017. If you were having issues they would try to put you into group therapy or refer to online resources, it was incredibly hard to get a one on one counseling appointment. I think there were two other suicides at UBC in the same year.

He's up on Canada's missing as case #2017020043.

Still no news. I remember when he went missing, it was a shock to student populace. The general thought was that he took his own life, it was close to finals season, maybe the stress got to him. The resource centers on campus for mental health issues were quite hard to access in 2017. If you were having issues they would try to put you into group therapy or refer to online resources, it was incredibly hard to get a one on one counseling appointment. I think there were two other suicides at UBC in the same year.

He's up on Canada's missing as case #2017020043.

@heartanium,Thank you very much for the link!

1678997673175.png1678997685824.png1678997835987.png

''Case reference: 2017020043​

Louis Judah Gonick was seen being picked up by taxi cab at his University dormitory residence at 7:09 PM, April 16, 2017, and was last seen at 7:32 PM, being dropped off at the Stanley Park causeway.
This case has 1 Missing persons
Missing from Vancouver, British Columbia

Missing since April 16, 2017 Year of birth 1996 Age at disappearance 21 Gender Male Bio group White Eye colour Brown Hair Brown, Short, Wavy Height 175cm / 5 ft 9 in Weight 73kg / 161lb Build Medium Complexion Light/Fair
Scarf Grey Jacket Dark Blue Jeans Dark Blue Shirt Dark Blue, button up shirt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back