Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...I am getting really confused now. When did the story change about the alcohol checkpoint and the observation of a box with maps and other things? Now, it appears there were no maps.

In that pic of Kam linked on a previous page of the thread...he certainly appears to be a nice young man, incapable of participating in three murders. (I am familiar enough with the subject of murder to know you can't always go by appearances). I just can't wrap my head around the fact that these two teenagers did all the horrible things they are being accused of.

WHERE ARE THEY????

I can. I don't believe there's any conspiracy or plot twist here. Too many seemingly sweet or quiet young men have turned out to be monsters.

And there's clues that point to disturbance when it comes to these two. Family dysfunction. A parent with thoughts of revenge or paranoia and a criminal record.

Long hours by themselves playing "wilderness" games not related to an established activity like hunting, which is purposeful and can be social, and hours and hours watching YouTube and playing video games, both of which can appeal to anti-social types and make them less able to learn to cope with the real world. (And please, I'm not blaming video games nor do I think they caused these two to become murderers. It's just a possible sign of something when combined with other stuff). Statements to others about violent thoughts or intentions. Interest in and adoption of violent or extreme ideologies.

Sweet young faces with bright smiles don't always tell us what's lurking behind.

When they showed up in Split Lake they needed gas and bought $20 worth.

The RAV4 has a fuel efficiency of about 8L per 100 km. If gas was e.g., $1.25/L they would have been able to travel about 200 kms on $20, which would put them where the RAV4 was found. They surely did run out of gas and decide to torch the abandoned vehicle.

With no sightings outside of/since Gillam, they are surely in the bush somewhere without supplies.
I think this only works if they were just about out of fuel when they bought the $20 worth, which seems unlikely. When you're where fueling opportunities are few and far between, wouldn't you fill up at most opportunities? Of course invincible teenagers might push it to the limit, but considering the consequences to them if they are wrong... IMO MOO

no rush, just pure curiosity why one would be formally charged and not the other

Personally it sounds as if the police believed they had found enough of a connection between the double homocide and Bryer/Kam. This led police to call them suspects, saying charges would be laid soon when paperwork was complete. In the meantime there’s been ample time to finish up the paperwork and get crowns approval for charges, but it hasn’t happened. Why? Maybe crown said no sorry we don’t see enough evidence to charge them for Fowler/Deese. The police aren’t really required to tell the public if they can’t/don’t get charges approved, as they can defend that by saying they were combing through additional evidence that they believed linked them.

Austin Grabish‏Verified account @AustinGrabish
First Nation constable says he stopped B.C. fugitives who drove through unrelated checkstop https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/first-nation-constable-stopped-homicide-suspects-1.5230779 … #cbcmb@CBCNews

EAw57VAXkAE0MuL.jpg

5:36 PM - 30 Jul 2019 pst

no rush, just pure curiosity why one would be formally charged and not the other

They don't need to. It sounds like they have very strong evidence for one and as long as they capture them they can take their time with other charges. There is zero need to file all.

I know people are starting to have doubts and are taking the lack of charges as some sort of sign that the RCMP jumped the gun, are inept, don't have the goods.

I don't see that at all.

And just because evidence is more definitive for one crime than another doesn't mean there's no evidence for the other or not enough to arrest for the other crime.

Agree. This is the question I think everyone is asking. Maybe they have too much pride to just give up. Maybe they had another plan after Gillam. It could be anything at this point. If they are in the woods and have been since burning out the SUV, they're probably starving to death and dehydrated. Prison would be so much more preferable to that... 3 meals a day, clean clothes, shelter.... I think it's likely they planned on going out like this, and might've commit suicide somehow. But of course then there would be bodies somewhere... Who knows?
Jmo

How would they possibly find two bodies in all that wilderness? It's endless.

If they killed themselves they could never ever be found.

Everything about this case is up for debate/speculation. But questioning the choices of 2 murder victims isn't cool. Also detectives/investigators purposely keep knowledge only the perpetrators would know in house. Questions like "what type of guns/bullets were used"? Isnt something the public needs to know. Alot of the times these cases are solved by someone spewing unknown info to a friend, relative and or cell mate. And lastly the conspiracy angles are tiring honestly. The majority of us on WS have been kept awake at night for this entire case. It's fascinating. Alot of it doesn't "make sense". These are the types of cases that these trained professionals live for. I can only imagine how this case has affected these detectives and their families. The guilt of not being able to bring closure to these families must be immense. And when some make the murdered seem careless, or they begin blaming the RCMP or critiquing the investigators........you're making a mockery of this entire tragedy. ✌&❤

Link not working. They're back at the burnt car scene.

The RCMP returned Wednesday to the site of a burnt-out vehicle discovered in northern Manitoba that was used by two B.C. fugitives, but the search is stretching into its ninth day with scaled-back resources.

As of Wednesday morning, the Canadian military departed the area after the RCMP decided that they no longer needed the assistance, RCMP Insp. Kevin Lewis told reporters.

"At this point in time … we want to again be focused with our own resources and determine where we should go from here," Lewis said.

RCMP are holding a press conference at 2 p.m. ET. CBC News will be streaming it live.

Ground and air searches will continue in the area around Gillam, Man., the last place Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod were confirmed to have been seen.

Police officers in the area are now down to 40 members (police numbers at the height of the search were never disclosed).

The searchers will also be revisiting some of the paths, cabins, hunting shacks and other sites they have already looked, Lewis said.

When asked at what point the RCMP themselves would abandon the search, Lewis said that is the "golden question."

"Once we've exhausted everything that we can do in this community, then we would look at, when is this no longer viable to stay here?" Lewis said, adding that the search has not yet reached that point.

"I think we still have a good viable investigation on the ground here and that we need to stay another little while," he said.

Schmegelsky and McLeod are charged with second-degree murder in the death of University of British Columbia lecturer Leonard Dyck, and they're suspects in the killings of American tourist Chynna Deese and her Australian boyfriend, Lucas Fowler.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/military-pulling-out-of-search-for-bc-fugitives-1.5231687

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru