Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t heard this yet! Can you explain further about this please, I’m super curious. I’ll try a google search as well.

Retracing their steps....

Alexis Daish‏Verified account @LexiDaish
PICS: Police tell us today they’re working on the ground retracing steps from where Mcleod and Schmegelsky torched their car here outside of Gillam. There’s a scorched set of keys left behind.@9NewsAUS @TheTodayShow

EA0V7GbXUAANQbR.jpg

EA0V7HUWsAAlKM_.jpg

9:37 AM - 31 Jul 2019

I wouldn't be surprised if they are still alive. If they are in the wilderness up there then they might not be in the best condition at this point, but there's no reason they couldn't have survived for this long. It hasn't been confirmed what they were doing in the woods for the past two years back in Port Alberni. Nor has it been confirmed exactly what they have with them. I spent less than 30 minutes googling survival tips and found videos for how to build a shelter that will keep you warm and dry, how to build a fire so it makes less smoke, how to make water safe for drinking, how to protect yourself from mosquitoes and how to make spears and rods for fishing. If they were practicing any of that over the past two years then they might still be out there and alive. Considering their interest in a game like Rust, I doubt they were just goofing off in the woods out back.
I agree with this possibility. I think its very reasonable to assume they had a map, & its hard to believe they would intentionally drive down a dead end road, torch their only means of transportation, and run off into the bush without a plan or means of survivability.

The first crime scene likely will require forensic testing. They have spent rounds and probably fingerprints, but unless the two have been arrested before, they wouldn't be able to match those prints to anyone. At the second scene they likely have the same spent rounds, matching fingerprints AND their vehicle, which would tie them to the scene. But until the match prints to the pair, there is always an element of doubt. They don't need to rush charges as they already have enough to arrest and hold them.

I think you have great points but I’m thinking that knowing where their van and bodies were and that many truckers go by there throughout the evening, they have a much more accurate time estimate then publicly stated. IMO it would be impossible for anyone to have driven by and not seen the scene, it was too close to the road and just south of the van there is a bend in the road so the lights would have even more so hit the right spot. I also know there is only I believe 3 or 4 places to get fuel between where the killed LD and Toad River. I think they have video or camera surveillance images that connect the red truck of KMs to the areas of the murders at the approx time, etc. If that makes sense. Or possibly dash cam footage. Something along those lines.

Well that's new. That potentially explains everything. The person who was speaking to the media was potentially referring to what the other checkpoint person saw. Saunders saw boxes and a suit. The other guy saw survival gear and maps. But it's still not straight from the horse's mouth.

"Saunders added that he believed his partner had seen what looked like survival gear and a map in the vehicle."

Source: Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10
It’s possible that as he was speaking to the driver, he looked into the back seat and saw the boxes and suit. In the meantime his partner walked around to the back of the vehicle and saw the camping gear/maps back there, (or vice versa).

If they are in Ontario, you just KNOW they are heading to downtown Toronto.

Need to get these *** TODAY
Its always about Toronto lol. Heart of the country you know ;)

Seriously, I always thought they were headed here, although I now think it would be a mistake. With nowhere to stay, these guys would be recognized in minutes in the city. I'd head to a rural cottage area and lay low, then move to the city in the late fall when they have been all but forgotten about.

If they are in Ontario, you just KNOW they are heading to downtown Toronto.

Need to get these *** TODAY
How are they going to get to Toronto? Walking is not something one can do on an empty stomach. I read that water may be contaminated with 'beaver fever' - that doesn't sound pleasant. Mosquitos, gnats, bears, etc. would probably be repelled by their stench.

I am also of the opinion that these creeps are alive and well.
Why ?
Because they seem too selfish to off themselves; imo.
They 'enjoy' terrorizing unsuspecting folks who are going about their daily lives.

In my opinion, these 2 survivalists have no intention of killing themselves before they're caught.
In the meantime, they're shooting videos and selfies for posterity.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are still alive. If they are in the wilderness up there then they might not be in the best condition at this point, but there's no reason they couldn't have survived for this long. It hasn't been confirmed what they were doing in the woods for the past two years back in Port Alberni. Nor has it been confirmed exactly what they have with them. I spent less than 30 minutes googling survival tips and found videos for how to build a shelter that will keep you warm and dry, how to build a fire so it makes less smoke, how to make water safe for drinking, how to protect yourself from mosquitoes and how to make spears and rods for fishing. If they were practicing any of that over the past two years then they might still be out there and alive. Considering their interest in a game like Rust, I doubt they were just goofing off in the woods out back.

I think practising at survival in Port Alberni with it’s temperate rain forest and west coast marine climate (a very mild climate which would be comparable to Seattle, say) wouldn’t be the best way of preparing them for the far more challenging terrain and weather of Northern Manitoba. It would be like taking a couple of teenagers from Port Angeles Washington and dumping them somewhere in the wilds of Alaska.

Old Ma Nature in Port Alberni is a gentle creature, really. Old Ma Nature in Gillam is a ruthless you know what.

On the other hand, the desire to live is so amazingly strong, I can’t forget that - and they are two healthy young men. So yes, though my gut feeling says they’re gone, I suppose they could last quite awhile out there yet.

The RCMP have returned to the scene where the vehicle was burned to retrace their steps, so it's possible they missed something. For sure, a pile of matches was left on the road near the SUV, and no one picked them up as evidence. Survivors need matches.
I'm not familiar with the matches... sorry, still catching up, but it's been over a week now since that car was burned, how many people have been there and how can they be certain that something like that was dropped by them and not 's that have been there? I know locals have been there because I watched the video's on youtube last week.

OPP investigating unconfirmed sightings of B.C. murder suspects in Northern Ontario

Possible sighting in Kapuskasing on Wednesday, another a day earlier in Iron Bridge

Const. Michelle Coulombe, media relations/community safety officer for the OPP, said there have been several reports of sightings of the suspects, the most recent one around Kapuskasing, northwest of Timmins.

<modsnip: Facebook / social media is not an approved source>

The OPP received another report of a possible sighting on Tuesday near Iron Bridge, east of Sault Ste. Marie.

OPP investigating unconfirmed sightings of B.C. murder suspects in Northern Ontario - Sudbury.com

Last edited by a moderator:
still catching up ... but c'mon RCMP.... you leave burned keys there???? Are the keys to the RAV4? the truck? maybe even the van?
My first thought was that they were Lucas Fowler's keys and that is possibly what tied them to that crime scene. But then I realized they wouldn't have just been left there.

...Another handy trick ... if you are on a computer anyway, you can highlight the text in a post and a box will pop up with the +Quote and Reply (which is what I did when quoting you), it's especially handy when there is a long post and you maybe only want to address a portion of it....

Well look at that! Thanks. I saw that before, but ignored it. Now I've learned something new and handy. Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member