UK - Lucy Letby - Post-Conviction Statutory Inquiry

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Following the deaths of Child O and P later that month, Letby messaged the doctor “do I need to be worried?” following questions that a consultant was asking about the triplets’ care.

Dr U told the inquiry: “I didn’t know exactly what she was worried about but I think having looked after the two babies on consecutive days she was concerned that she would be thought to be responsible for the deaths and as I didn’t know of the number of preceding deaths it was a ‘reassuring no’.”

Miss Langdale said: “Well she was worried if people were asking questions about it, wasn’t she?”

Dr U said: “In hindsight, yes obviously.”

Miss Langdale said: “And at the time you mistook that for what?”

Dr U said: “Anxiety.”

Miss Langdale asked Dr U why he forwarded Letby an email from neonatal lead Dr Stephen Brearey in which he indicated Child O and P’s deaths would be investigated at inquests.

Dr U replied: “It was because of the worry about those two babies. They were unexpected deaths. She gave me the impression she was very upset… I was basically trying to give her some insight into what was going on.”

Miss Langdale said: “Why was it for you for tell her?”

Dr U said: “Again in hindsight, that was an error on my part. I should not have sent it.”

more at link

Most unsatisfactory, IMO!

Page 4

Q. Dr U was at the final stages of his training and was at the Countess of Chester between September 2015 and 2016; okay? He would be described as a senior middle grade?

(link to transcript in last post)

So he should have been aware of everything that had happened on the unit after babies E&F in Aug 2015. Was he living in a bubble? All the doctors had growing concerns except Dr U/choc.

Q=MR DE LA POER
A=DR ZA

A.I had always thought that the relationship between the
Consultants and the nursing staff was again positive and friendly. It was only around 2016 when concerns were being raised about Lucy Letby that that relationship became strained.

Q. And we've heard from others that their perception was the strain was because the Consultants took one view of Letby but at least some of the nurses took a different view

A. Yes.
Q. -- was that your experience?
A. That was my experience.
Q. And in terms of the nurses who were taking

a different view, we know that the unit manager was Eirian Powell.

A. Yes.
Q. Was she in that camp? A. Yes.

Q. Were there any other senior nurses in that
camp, by which I mean those part of the management
structure

A. I'm not sure exactly what position other
senior nurses had taken. They weren't very vocal about what they thought in the way that Eirian was, and it

became something that we didn't talk about because it caused strained relationships. So I don't know what
a lot of nurses' views were because we didn't talk about it.

Just skim reading the transcript so I have probably left out loads of stuff that struck me as BS but I can’t believe the utter arrogance of this spineless little rat, he is lying through his sorry teeth. He claims not to know what was being said about Letby yet nurses were checking rotas ?

Utter ... he was showing off to her, feeding her information, trying to throw Dr V under the bus, claiming not to have the previous bigger picture with baby P yet he was cot side ALL DAY, presuming she was on holiday so feeding her information (are you seriously expecting us to believe he didn't know she was away ??)

Claiming not to know the number of proceeding deaths ... SERIOUSLY ? Didn't know she had been moved to day shifts ? Conveniently left the meeting in July just BEFORE the consultants discussed letby being involved ?

Bless him, he's become more aware that he wasn't aware of the full clinical picture and he's been misled and MAYBE just maybe manipulated and he's really sorry things have come to end as they have.
Unbelievable !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katelyn26
Back