Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. The guy said "there are boats laying around everywhere". I wonder what made the RCMP focus on that specific boat? It could be anyone's boat.

That interview is great. I think, RCMP are focusing on that boat because they noticed it on a second fly-over and it wasn't there on the first. My understanding too, is that the boat was found near where there Rav4 was.

That interview is great. I think, RCMP are focusing on that boat because they noticed it on a second fly-over and it wasn't there on the first. My understanding too, is that the boat was found near where there Rav4 was.

The tide could have brought that boat from anywhere.

Interesting. The guy said "there are boats laying around everywhere". I wonder what made the RCMP focus on that specific boat? It could be anyone's boat.

I would think that they filmed during any flyovers so they can review it and zoom-in if they suspect there is something that warrants a closer look. Perhaps that particular boat was not seen in the fly over filming. Or perhaps because the damage to the boat does look like damage from being in the rapids. Just guessing.

who knows how many boats are in that area that look just like that boat minus the same damage. that boat looks like just a common flat bottom boat. I see nothing that makes it look special except the damage and who knows when the damage happened. someone could have set that boat free as a way of disposal if it already had the damage.

The tide could have brought that boat from anywhere.
Maybe, if we're going with them being survivalists, maybe, they were headed to York Factory all along, a ghost town at the corner of Hudson's Bay and Nelson River, got a little turned around and went to York Landing instead. Then, they got this boat, tried to get to York Factory again, and got crunched in the rapids?

Or did I just write a Cohen Brother's film?

I'm looking at the still photo where vehicle is right side up. I believe this photo is when vehicle first located as it's still surrounded in black smoke.

Does the smouldering RAV4 appear to be sitting on gravel to you? It’s possible the vehicle was winched onto the road while burning to prevent a forest fire. Hard to say but it appears responders were involved.

“....Beardy and his family were the first people to find the burning SUV linked to McLeod and Schmegelsky. He reported it to RCMP, and then Manitoba conservation officers once they became concerned the fire would spread.

"It was, like, big flames," he said. "They were just about reaching the wires."...”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fox-lake-nightly-community-patrol-fugitives-1.5225799

Maybe, if we're going with them being survivalists, maybe, they were headed to York Factory all along, a ghost town at the corner of Hudson's Bay and Nelson River, got a little turned around and went to York Landing instead. Then, they got this boat, tried to get to York Factory again, and got crunched in the rapids?

Or did I just write a Cohen Brother's film?

Extending that thought, maybe they found a discarded boat at the dump, but I'd say that's a movie plot.

My apologies, I’ve not read all the prior pages. But as soon as I heard the find of the rowboat I was reminded of this report from a few days ago. The RAV4 was found burning near Sundance Creek, which probably flows into the Nelson River. At the time I tried to locate Sundance Creek but I couldn’t find it. Has anyone here located Sundance Creek as I’m curious if the pair might’ve stolen a rowboat from nearby.

“Those officers who remain are returning to some of the areas they have already looked, including the site of a burnt-out Toyota RAV4 found near Sundance Creek, northeast of Gillam, Man., that was used by the fugitives. No reason was given.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/military-pulling-out-of-search-for-bc-fugitives-1.5231687
Here is the map and coordinates for Sundance Creek:

Sundance Creek

who knows how many boats are in that area that look just like that boat minus the same damage. that boat looks like just a common flat bottom boat. I see nothing that makes it look special except the damage and who knows when the damage happened. someone could have set that boat free as a way of disposal if it already had the damage.

Possibly but if the RCMP just shrugged their shoulders and later a reporter posted a photo of the boat abandoned on the shoreline, just imagine the criticism piled upon the RCMP. It’s a matter of due diligence for them to check it out and that’s what they’re doing. Maybe they know more than they’re saying.

Possibly but if the RCMP just shrugged their shoulders and later a reporter posted a photo of the boat abandoned on the shoreline, just imagine the criticism piled upon the RCMP. It’s a matter of due diligence for them to check it out and that’s what they’re doing. Maybe they know more than they’re saying.
I agree RCMP must check it and do due diligence. I'm just myself not putting a lot of hope in the boat.

Probably the fact that it wasn't there when they first searched and took aerial photographs. I would think that's how LE would operate, anyway. MOO.

Isn't that what any of us would do if we were in charge of finding these guys?

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
Manitoba RCMP will not release an update on today's search. They may provide details tomorrow @meltait was at boat launch when dive team returned about 4:30 pm, only carrying their equipment. I was at a police staging area about 26 kms away where a specialized stretcher sat idle

6:26 PM - 4 Aug 2019 pst

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
The dive team has taken off in a boat on the Nelson River. A helicopter is now circling overhead. The wrecked rowboat was spotted in a helicopter search of the shore on Friday afternoon. #Canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

11:15 AM - 4 Aug 2019 pst

Last edited:
K. Joseph Spears‏ @ArcticGuy2
K. Joseph Spears Retweeted Renata D'Aliesio

#Canadamanhunt Day 13 Nelson River is a high volume subarctic river. Difficult diving conditions for @rcmpmb Underwater Recovery Team with limited visibility today. The located tin skiff had been caught on some rocks and damaged by hydraulic forces.

2:37 PM - 4 Aug 2019 pst

Melissa Tait‏Verified account @meltait
The RCMP dive team returned around 4:20pm. They dove in a water eddy and we're waiting for update from the RCMP in Winnipeg.

EBKUlMlXkAIhil3.jpg

EBKUlMuWwAULF0_.jpg

EBKUlMlWsAEItxH.jpg

EBKUlMtXoAA5_gI.jpg

4:03 PM - 4 Aug 2019 pst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online