Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
unless it is his footwear (?) or the angle, it looks as if BS's head just makes under the door frame. is there a standard height door frame for those stores in Canada?
Good question! I don't know. He definitely takes up a lot of space under that door.

So then what is your opinion of where they may be or what happened to them?

I personally believe they are dead. IMO

P.S. I live in the northern USA and it gets very cold and snowy for 6 months of the year. Can’t imagine how it is up in those parts of Canada
It’ll be getting cold soon, I’m a bit more north than Gillam and in sept, nights really start to cool off. Snow will be here in October and it can hit -20C easy.

I also think they’re long dead, suicide not long after they let that RAV4.

LOL It's a great question! It just seems like something he wouldn't be interested in. It would almost have made more sense to me if someone had bought it for him, telling him he needed to have a suit, rather than it be something he got for himself.
I think about the purpose of this suit a lot.

Nothing about the way BS has been described so far makes me think his purchase had anything to do with job hunting. These guys were into role playing games. No doubt they’re also familiar with the Slender Man mythology.

I really wonder, since there is no real canon for Slender Man, if they may have just been role playing some sort of scene, suit and all, when they committed the murders. Almost like ticking off a bucket list experience.

And although they are likely cold blooded killers, I’m not convinced they’re serial killers in the strictest sense. I picture that there were two murder scenes because they were “in it together” — one killed LF and CD, the other killed LD. Who know, maybe they even shared the suit.

IF they are still alive, it’s also possible that there haven’t been any more killings simply because they had the experience they set out to have and now they’re done with it. Box checked.

Unlike other angry, disaffected youths, they didn’t shoot up a school or a shopping center. Seemingly no rage and rampage. No blaze of glory. Just a few calculated and limited killings. And just because they’re murderers doesn’t mean the acts didn’t ultimately leave a bad taste in their mouths.

Im no psychologist. This is just MOO based entirely on their ages, apparent personalities and interests, the MO, the locale, and that suit which is so out of place in every regard in this story. I think it may lay a bigger role in what went down than we realize. But we may never know...

On a less depressing note, I have a bit of a soft spot for the people in these remote Canadian communities now. That was not a region of the world I ever really thought about before but I think I've learned more about Canada in the past two weeks than the entire rest of my life. I kind of want to go on a Canadian road trip. Preferably after this case is resolved of course.
SBM

Me too! Though, yeah, probably not right now.

In my experience 90% of the kids in alternative school are there because they don’t fit in with the crowd well, miss a lot of school due to being bullied and being depressed. Smoking pot and low grades in another biggie. One in ten is attending alternative school due to issues with the law or crime.
This has been my experience, too, though I am not in Canada and cannot speak for Canadian alternative schools. A lot of the students I know in these types of alternative programs here in the States are not juvenile delinquents, but many of them either didn't fit in or just had low grades because they didn't respond well to a traditional school setting. Some of them are quite bright but unmotivated.

His Dad may not know everything about his son as they were quite estranged for much of BS's life. So its possible BS does know how to drive and his Dad just doesn't know that. I also find the Dad to be not totally credible … just a vibe that something is off … the timing of his 'self-published' book was a head scratcher, struck me as attention seeking, inappropriate and insensitive.

As well, these 2 put on a lot of miles in a very short time, I don't think they could have gotten that far without trading off the driving duties. Being on the run from authorities might be a good motivator to hurry up and learn!

Curious if any of the confirmed sightings (the band Constable, et al) said which one was behind the wheel?

putting aside the fact that it is not legal to drive without a license, how complex is it to drive an automatic vehicle on a one or two lane road? (was the truck/camper a standard shift? that might have taken a bit more study). still this not rush hour driving in a city.

And although they are likely cold blooded killers, I’m not convinced they’re serial killers in the strictest sense. I picture that there were two murder scenes because they were “in it together” — one killed LF and CD, the other killed LD. Who know, maybe they even shared the suit.

IF they are still alive, it’s also possible that there haven’t been any more killings simply because they had the experience they set out to have and now they’re done with it. Box checked.

Unlike other angry, disaffected youths, they didn’t shoot up a school or a shopping center. Seemingly no rage and rampage. No blaze of glory. Just a few calculated and limited killings. And just because they’re murderers doesn’t mean the acts didn’t ultimately leave a bad taste in their mouths.

Im no psychologist. This is just MOO based entirely on their ages, apparent personalities and interests, the MO, the locale, and that suit which is so out of place in every regard in this story. I think it may lay a bigger role in what went down than we realize. But we may never know...

Now this is an interesting theory. If it was premeditated though, wouldn't they have covered their tracks better? If it was premeditated either things REALLY didn't go according to plan, or it was a suicide mission from the start IMO. Also, we don't know how much "rage and rampage" they had at the time of the killings...it seems like Bryer definitely had a lot of rage in general....

Also you raised an interesting and morbid question...I wonder what percentage of thrill killers regret doing it. Like not in the sense of potentially getting caught, but in the sense of they set out to have an experience they thought they would enjoy and ended up not enjoying it. Of course we don't even know if this was a thrill killing. But it is a definite possibility.

I hope it's not accurate as well. The only thing that might've happened if true is what LE said, maybe they got a ride with someone unknowingly or someone helping them out. The distance doesn't seem that far as this is their MO so far, it's just whether or not realistic if they actually have a vehicle and/or help with someone with a vehicle.

things, at least before this situation, seem a bit lax up north, so would it have been impossible for them to slip into a large truck or van without the driver noticing? maybe a driver stops for gas and a coffee/ bathroom break and they squish in behind a few boxes in a box truck or a delivery van? risky when they need to get out later, but, just an idea, IMO.

No problem, I can see how it happens as it’s very difficult to determine an exact timeline because dates reported by the media are inconsistent and times of day are not noted.

I’m still curious when the RAV4 was found burning the Monday evening (July 22nd) and then reported to the RCMP, when was it determined to be connected to the BC fugitives? The announcement about the July 21st Meadow Lake sighting of the two including their RAV4 vehicle was made on the 23rd but during the PC the officer said the RCMP first learned of it within the preceding 24 hours.

The reason I wonder - was it the discovery of the burning RAV4 registered in BC which assisted in determining the identity of LD? This sad saga has so many twists and turns it’s hard to keep track.

Both? Are you sure? Because this article had stated that Kam attended "regular" high school in Port Alberni.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...c-teens-subject-of-national-manhunt-1.5222515

>>CBC News has confirmed that McLeod recently attended Alberni District Secondary School. It's unclear if Schmegelsky also went there.<<
Yes, I believe Bryer's father mentioned it, as well you can see here "Both Schmegelsky and McLeod were said to have attended the Eighth Avenue Learning Centre in town, an alternate high school for teens who weren't well suited to standard high school. The two worked the overnight shift at the Port Alberni Walmart before reportedly heading to either Whitehorse or Alberta to look for work.Jul 24, 2019" https://www.kelownacapnews.com/news...ct-to-port-alberni-teens-wanted-for-3-deaths/

For me one of the most poignant moments has been the interview on camera with the man who found the Rav4. He & his wife rushed to the fire thinking there had been an accident. His voice caught when he said, “We would have helped them.” Other people across the whole country said the same thing — and many did help them. It’s such a tragedy that apparently they couldn’t find the help they needed at home.

He squints and turns his head saying, “We probably would have just helped them out,” then his voice catches, “cause that’s pretty much the way we all are out here.”
—Billy Beardy, Sundance, 072519
00:48
http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1576808515958/

Last edited:
Check CBC links in first page for slightly different comment about that call or text. Anyway, they probably misled grandma about being in Yukon on July 13/14.
I agree, they could have easily found jobs up here, there’s tons in the summer. If they said they left because of no job prospects, they didn’t try very hard or were lying. There’s lots of Labourers, farmhands, retail, etc jobs.

I think about the purpose of this suit a lot.

Nothing about the way BS has been described so far makes me think his purchase had anything to do with job hunting. These guys were into role playing games. No doubt they’re also familiar with the Slender Man mythology.

I really wonder, since there is no real canon for Slender Man, if they may have just been role playing some sort of scene, suit and all, when they committed the murders. Almost like ticking off a bucket list experience.

They're just a couple dumb, scared kids.

The suit was apparently for Bryer to attend graduation ceremonies, given he was seen wearing it on his graduation day.

We have absolutely no evidence of anything else and no reason to assume otherwise.

I have a question about the alternative school that some think BS went to, and that KM apparently graduated from. In my area 'alternative schools' are not necessarily for special needs students, in the sense of slow learners, but are generally for juvenile delinquent, troubled students that were expelled from regular schools because they were disruptive, or otherwise just did not fit in.. I have read, or at least skimmed over most every post of this case, but do not recall ever hearing that BS was special needs, as in mentally deficient. Perhaps I just missed that. If alternative schools are for troubled kids, that may give us more of an idea of whether they may have had run-ins with the law before now. Can someone enlighten me?
I have read that they haven't had any run-ins with the law. The worst I heard was BS purchased some lunch an a local deli for about $18 and then couldn't pay, said he'd come back with some money but never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member