Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a blue van and an attempted abduction of a flagger by two men in northern B.C. Could the murders of Lucas and Chynna have been a case of mistaken identity?

The Hudson's Hope, Chetwynd, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson and Grande Prairie in RCMP are investigating, and once again, dashcam footage is requested.

This could be very important and worth watching, IMO. Charlie Lake is along the Alaska Highway.

Charlie Lake (British Columbia) - Wikipedia

I’m not sure what you mean by a case of mistaken identity. How could L&C be mistakingly identified for attempting to kidnap a female flagger three weeks after they were murdered?

Isn't there a thing in Canada to do a fifth year of high school as sort of a breather before adulthood or to figure out what to do after high school? I know there was a Canadian fashion blogger I followed back in the day and she talked about taking a fifth year of high school and how it was common to do it in Canada...I think she called it a "victory lap." But she lived in Ontario so I don't know if that's a British Columbia thing too. But anyway could that explain the discrepancy if he took a fifth year?

I heard trains up there move really slowly due to the terrain.
I live in Saskatchewan. I’ve never heard of a victory lap for a fifth year of high school though have known a few graduated students to upgrade in classes to attend university. I snooped around on the website for the regular highschool 2019 graduation from where they’re from. I couldn’t find Bryer’s picture.

I’m not sure what you mean by a case of mistaken identity. How could L&C be mistakingly identified for attempting to kidnap a female flagger three weeks after they were murdered?

My guess is that's not what happened.

Thinking more along the line of their van, also from Hudson's Hope, being mistaken for another blue van from Hudson's Hope.

Why no charges against KM and BS? Maybe someone else did it?

Last edited:
LOL, and the clerk at the Split Lake store/gas station said they bought Chicken Poutine there, so they had a good meal before burning the Rav4
So now, it's--- "scary music"

The Mystery of the Pork Chops.

If they had a fill of tasty Chicken Poutine in Split Lake, WHERE did the pork chops come from ? Eh?

Don't pork chops seem, odd? Where did they get them? Did they cook them themselves?

I think the culture in the north is a bit different than what you might think. A lot of odd-ball characters move up there to get away from normal society so they can be their quirky selves in peace. In turn, they don't ask questions of other quirky people. Kind of a live and let live attitude. So its possible that someone there saw them but just never gave them a second look.

While it may be true that there are lots of jobs up there, they may have discovered that there are no "big money" jobs that they were qualified for. If they were even there, they weren't there long enough to actually look for a job.
Lol I live here and Whitehorse is not like that. Some folks in smaller towns may fit that stereotype but it’s not the norm. Just a really bad stereotype that may have been true 30+ years ago but not today.

And jobs up here pay way better than any in B.C. Thats why many people move up here.

Hold on a sec. There are bona fide journalistic outlets and trashy tabloids in most countries. The UK, for example, has The Guardian/Daily Mail, Canada has the Globe & Mail/The Star, and I haven't a clue what the Aussies have but I am betting they also have both qualities of "news." The trashy tabloids in all countries are the ones picking up the rumours and disseminating them as fact.
ha ha, the Toronto Star isn't a tabloid and hasn't been disseminating rumours - the Toronto Sun is a tabloid, and even that rag is pretty darned accurate in its crime reporting (though it hasn't bothered much with this story). I wouldn't at all put the Star in the same bucket as the Daily Mail at any rate. The Daily Mail is very free and loose with the facts. "Search moves to Ontario" seems to have been picked up by most Aussie outlets on the other hand. I think the Murdoch monopoly affects what Aussies get for news.

i attended a few alternative schools on the island not that long ago. it’s basically distance education online learning but there are tutors there to ask for help.imo the majority of the other students are the stereotype being discussed here. regular high school just didn’t work for them for any reason.

i had one with set times you had to be in class and some were attend whenever you wanted. it’s not uncommon for students to bounce between alternative and standard high school because it’s all learner-paced and a lot of kids just can’t keep up.

alternative schools on the island do have grad pics and graduation ceremonies for family and friends to attend.

did they call her or did she call them and they answered? wonder when they decided to stop contact with family and if they had any regrets.

I have a feeling they ultimately had a ton of regrets about a lot of things. JMO.

LOL, and the clerk at the Split Lake store/gas station said they bought Chicken Poutine there, so they had a good meal before burning the Rav4

That very well could have been their last meal.

Do it! The north is amazing and so are the people!

Maybe I will if I ever get the courage to do it! I'm a 4th generation New Yorker and lived in apartments my whole life, so being in an area with nobody around for miles is wayyyy out of my comfort zone. I would have to make a plan for staying safe too. It would probably be an eye-opening experience though.

If they had a fill of tasty Chicken Poutine in Split Lake, WHERE did the pork chops come from ? Eh?

Don't pork chops seem, odd? Where did they get them? Did they cook them themselves?
The pork chops are SUPER ODD! and sardines, possibly the worst food combination ever.

Lol I live here and Whitehorse is not like that. Some folks in smaller towns may fit that stereotype but it’s not the norm. Just a really bad stereotype that may have been true 30+ years ago but not today.

And jobs up here pay way better than any in B.C. Thats why many people move up here.

But the cost of living is also greater as noted by Whitehorse housing prices. But my intention is not to take this thread O/T.

I have a feeling they ultimately had a ton of regrets about a lot of things. JMO.

That very well could have been their last meal.

Maybe I will if I ever get the courage to do it! I'm a 4th generation New Yorker and lived in apartments my whole life, so being in an area with nobody around for miles is wayyyy out of my comfort zone. I would have to make a plan for staying safe too. It would probably be an eye-opening experience though.
Haha we are opposites! I have nightmares about living in a city and feel most comfortable bushwhacking in the woods for hours.

SBM

Not gonna lie, I actually started giggling when I first read about the porkchops because it struck me as such an oddly impractical thing to eat in a vehicle while driving cross-country. Not only because you'd need a place to cook them, but they just seem kind of messy to eat in a car. Just seems like a lot of other foods would be way more convenient.

I always assumed they were part of some sort of MRE or something. It is a very random road trip food though. Also why only half eat them and then why leave the half-eaten remains in the car? I mean I guess if they were part of an MRE that could answer it because MREs are apparently disgusting.

I've been to the north many times to visit a good friend in Yellowknife and there are some interesting characters with interesting stories in that town. Wasn't meant as a slight against anyone, was just an observation that different regions of the country do have very different cultures and if you haven't been there you might not realize. I've never been to the city of Whitehorse so perhaps my observation is off the mark there and I apologize if that's the case.

And I'm guessing that the higher-paying jobs in Yukon would still require higher qualifications than a couple of Walmart stock boys would have.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention: I suppose they could have purchased already-cooked porkchops, but it's certainly not something I see for sale in gas stations down here.

In any event, it sounds like the interior of that Rav4 was a pigsty after they'd been using it for a few days.

ha ha, the Toronto Star isn't a tabloid and hasn't been disseminating rumours - the Toronto Sun is a tabloid, and even that rag is pretty darned accurate in its crime reporting (though it hasn't bothered much with this story). I wouldn't at all put the Star in the same bucket as the Daily Mail at any rate. The Daily Mail is very free and loose with the facts. "Search moves to Ontario" seems to have been picked up by most Aussie outlets on the other hand. I think the Murdoch monopoly affects what Aussies get for news.

The Toronto Star is definitely respectable while the Sun Media papers are basically trash, lol.
Mee too!

I love the idea about the boat trip down the Nelson River to York Factory, and the VAR Rail trip to Churchill.

It's Via Rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members