Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelson River looks wide and slow, how did they ruin their boat like that. Are the rapids I am not seeing?

I'm watching an interview on CBC right now with the owner of the Jade City Jade store in BC, where the suspects went in and got free coffee the day after Lucas and Chynna were killed. The owner says they purchased something, I think she said "a little jade bear". I'm trying to look this up but I'm not finding it. I even rewinded to listen to it again and I'm sure shes's saying "jade bear". If that's true, they were purchasing little souvenirs, it wouldn't seem like they were planning a big suicide mission. Hmm. None of this makes sense.

Just speculating. I might've completely misheard what she was saying. She definitely said they purchased something little though. lol

I heard and thought the exact same thing.

Considering an earlier post suggesting that Aussie and U.S LE be brought over to sort this all out:

Maybe the RCMP should take a well-earned rest and then send a contingent over to Delphi, Indiana?

Australia did send NSW homicide police to assist in this case but only as liaison for the Fowler family as there was full confidence in the RCMP’s investigative capacity.

“The RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) are an outstanding organisation, we have the utmost confidence in their capacity and capability to run this investigation but our commissioner has made a great decision to send over two officers ... purely to assist the families,” he said.
NSW police to assist family after death of Sydney man Lucas Fowler in Canada

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
The search is over. At 10am this morning, Manitoba RCMP officers located the bodies of two males, believed to be the BC suspects, near the shoreline of the Nelson River (approx 8km from the burnt vehicle). #rcmpmb

EBY6woaXUAEolkQ.jpg

12:04 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pst

Nelson River looks wide and slow, how did they ruin their boat like that. Are the rapids I am not seeing?

Yes the boat was found just down from "lower Limestone rapids."

It is not confirmed at this time that they used the boat.

I feel great sorrow for all the victims in this case.

I don't normally have much empathy for the accused (if any), but maybe it's the mother in me - I can't help but also feel sorrow for these 2 pitiful boys (to me they are indeed boys) - they not only wasted their own lives, but, they pointlessly inflicted great harm on their own families, friends, community, country at large, and also an international community of travelers.

It is indeed the worst possible tragedy.

WG

These were young men not boys. They made their choices and I can't dig deep enough to find sorrow for them. My own children are this age, in fact one is even a "gamer" and if they set off on a murderous spree I would feel a lot more pain for the victims and their families than for my own family.

I’d be stunned if we didn’t have a firm cause of death, even with decomposition and animal activity.

Even if they died of hypothermia, they’ll probably be able to say that, simply by using the process of elimination.

I’m not going to lie, I’m hoping they didn’t take their own lives, and this was a lengthy event.

I hope they had time to reflect on their predicament.

I am not asking whether someone will know. I am guessing someone knows, right now. The coroner will know.

I am asking whether the public will know in Canada. Can you answer that question? Can someone say?

Of course they can say whether it was likely hypothermia vs a gunshot would vs other causes (such as drug overdose). Hypothermia would be the presumed reason, and clues would include the posture in which the bodies were found.

But will we ever know it.

Our officers knew we needed just one piece of evidence to move the search forward & on Friday, August 2nd, the items found on the shoreline of the Nelson River & directly linked to the suspects, enables officers to narrow down the search. #rcmpmb

12:05 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pst*

Specialized RCMP teams begin searching nearby high-probability areas, leading officers to the discovery of the two male bodies, in the dense brush, within 1 km from where the items were found. #rcmpmb

12:05 PM - 7 Aug 2019*

Thanks to the communities & the leadership of Gillam, Fox Lake Cree Nation, Ilford War Lake First Nation & York Landing - your lives have been disrupted, many of you lived with uncertainty & fear, but throughout, you were resilient & helped our officers get the job done. #rcmpmb

12:28 PM - 7 Aug 2019*

This was a search that could not have been successfully achieved without the help from our partners at the Canadian Armed Forces, from RCMP employees who came in from across the country and from multiple private partners. #rcmpmb

12:31 PM - 7 Aug 2019*

Above all however, it was a search that could only be successful if we had strong public engagement and support. Thank you to all Canadians for remaining vigilant, for calling us with information and most importantly, for being our partners. #rcmpmb

12:31 PM - 7 Aug 2019*

I feel great sorrow for all the victims in this case.

I don't normally have much empathy for the accused (if any), but maybe it's the mother in me - I can't help but also feel sorrow for these 2 pitiful boys (to me they are indeed boys) - they not only wasted their own lives, but, they pointlessly inflicted great harm on their own families, friends, community, country at large, and also an international community of travelers.

It is indeed the worst possible tragedy.

WG

I am relieved they have been found.

I do not feel sorry for KM & BS but I sure do feel sorry for their families.
No family asks to be burdened with this kind of horrible stigma that will follow them for a long time to come.
They will likely have to move, they will never be able to have proper funerals for their sons.
The parent in me has a broken heart over all of this.

RIP Chynna Deese
RIP Lucas Fowler
RIP Leonard Dyck

My bet is that the trip into the woods was meant to either forage for food, or quickly hide from an overhead plane/drone. Either way, some gear was left with the intent of returning, but the return trip was not to be for whatever reason.

Why go into the woods to commit suicide? Does not make sense. It wouldn't be to make the bodies forever unfindable, otherwise they would not have left anything to be spotted on the shore. For whatever reason they went in to the woods, my guess is they became disoriented and that was the beginning of the end for them.
YES! As I think more about it, I wonder why they walked 1km into the bush. I think they were trying to keep going.

I'm watching an interview on CBC right now with the owner of the Jade City Jade store in BC, where the suspects went in and got free coffee the day after Lucas and Chynna were killed. The owner says they purchased something, I think she said "a little jade bear". I'm trying to look this up but I'm not finding it. I even rewinded to listen to it again and I'm sure shes's saying "jade bear". If that's true, they were purchasing little souvenirs, it wouldn't seem like they were planning a big killing spree or suicide mission. Hmm. None of this makes sense.

Just speculating. I might've completely misheard what she was saying. She definitely said they purchased something little though. lol

Purchasing something small could have been a cover for stealing something more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5