Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The boat damage suggests it impacted a large boulder at very high force (rapids). Anyone riding would have been either knocked out completely or so disoriented upon hitting the water drowning likely occurred in mere seconds. Eddies often trap similar objects, bodies probably washed up together and boat shortly thereafter.

Not at all. Only if it was homicide is the cause of death released, IMO. For example, if there were evidence one had killed the other and then himself.

Suicide is almost never released to the public, for obvious reasons. Ben Kilmer was an exception, because so many people believed it was foul play, coroner's office decided to release details to convince the media it was suicide.

However, suicide vs accident aren't a matter of public interest.

However, the family will know and they may decide to share it publicly, or it will just be rumoured around.

IMO it was probably suicide. If they wanted to live, they'd have hidden closer to the river so they could get water. People die of thirst long before they starve. If hypothermia, they wouldn't be together. If animal attack, the trail would be very obvious.

Just my opinion.

THANK you. So much. As a US citizen, the reasons for not releasing suicide information is not obvious at all. Depending on jurisdiction, suicide can be mentioned by LE even before an autopsy. Where I live (California) and in most US states, a coroner's report is a public record and can be purchased from the relevant county.

If hypothermia, people can be found together (rare) if they believe they have to stay in one spot. So people die in Yosemite of hypothermia because both are afraid to walk a trail in the dark or both are afraid to trust their equipment in the dark (etc). Or, in the case of one pair, it seems likely that one of them could not have managed a self-rescue, but the other could have (and stayed with his partner).

People huddle together for warmth and if found together, that is usually telling. Not every hypothermic person disrobes, by any means, and not all hypothermic people are aware that their body temperature is dropping (same is true for hyperthermia).

They were close enough to the river to sneak there in the dark to drink, IMO. If they still had a gun, then murder-suicide or suicide-suicide is a possibility. Or if they had lethal drugs (or simply adequate amounts of a soporific). Alcohol works just fine and that's a common method of death-by-cold in Russia.

So, I guess coroner's reports are not available through PI requests from media in Canada. Fascinating to me. The families may speak (and I would assume that the victims' families would have this information - but I could be wrong about that too).

YES! As I think more about it, I wonder why they walked 1km into the bush. I think they were trying to keep going.
The bodies were not necessarily just 1 km into the bush. They were 5 miles from the burnt vehicle.

Last edited:
I am not asking whether someone will know. I am guessing someone knows, right now. The coroner will know.

I am asking whether the public will know in Canada. Can you answer that question? Can someone say?

Of course they can say whether it was likely hypothermia vs a gunshot would vs other causes (such as drug overdose). Hypothermia would be the presumed reason, and clues would include the posture in which the bodies were found.

But will we ever know it.

I believe we will know, but not necessarily right away. MOO

Just seems so incomplete now.
I feel sad for all the families.

It would have been far worse, had these two never been found.

I thought that was a distinct possibility, especially if they were washed down that river.

Them being dead isn’t a surprise though, not with the likelihood they were out in the wild.

I am not asking whether someone will know. I am guessing someone knows, right now. The coroner will know.

I am asking whether the public will know in Canada. Can you answer that question? Can someone say?

Of course they can say whether it was likely hypothermia vs a gunshot would vs other causes (such as drug overdose). Hypothermia would be the presumed reason, and clues would include the posture in which the bodies were found.

But will we ever know it.
I think through rumour, rather than through official channels. Port Alberni is a small town, families will know and the word will get around. If no one volunteers, reporters will pay someone enough money to spill as long as they're never identified.

The RCMP will indeed release the cause of death. These are not innocent guys whose privacy will be protected. Details will be released to the public. The cause of death will be revealed within 36 hrs according to a police expert on TV. The toxicology report and time of death may take a lot longer.

The boat damage suggests it impacted a large boulder at very high force (rapids). Anyone riding would have been either knocked out completely or so disoriented upon hitting the water drowning likely occurred in mere seconds. Eddies often trap similar objects, bodies probably washed up together and boat shortly thereafter.

Bodies were one kilometre from shore in the dense Manitoba bush upstream from the rapids and upstream from the boat.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-7_14-19-31.png
    upload_2019-8-7_14-19-31.png
    1 MB · Views: 31
Could they have been wet (and very cold) and basically crawled together into the bush, dying nearby each other? One could lose consciousness first, the other basically gives up and just lays there until unconsciousness comes.

Wasn't there rain on the same night that they burned the RAV4?

It would have been far worse, had these two never been found.

I thought that was a distinct possibility, especially if they were washed down that river.

Them being dead isn’t a surprise though, not with the likelihood they were out in the wild.

This was my fear, especially dying in the woods, the remains could have been anywhere and scattered by animals! This is a lucky ending in a way.

I read/interpreted that as bodies found 1km from boat, Unless that boat was already damaged that force of impact probably killed them and/or drowning. They would not have made it threw that type brush for 1km unless the river floods that section upon high dam release and deposited their bodies there....
Bodies were one kilometre from shore in the dense Manitoba bush upstream from the rapids and upstream from the boat.

THANK you. So much. As a US citizen, the reasons for not releasing suicide information is not obvious at all. Depending on jurisdiction, suicide can be mentioned by LE even before an autopsy. Where I live (California) and in most US states, a coroner's report is a public record and can be purchased from the relevant county.

If hypothermia, people can be found together (rare) if they believe they have to stay in one spot. So people die in Yosemite of hypothermia because both are afraid to walk a trail in the dark or both are afraid to trust their equipment in the dark (etc). Or, in the case of one pair, it seems likely that one of them could not have managed a self-rescue, but the other could have (and stayed with his partner).

People huddle together for warmth and if found together, that is usually telling. Not every hypothermic person disrobes, by any means, and not all hypothermic people are aware that their body temperature is dropping (same is true for hyperthermia).

They were close enough to the river to sneak there in the dark to drink, IMO. If they still had a gun, then murder-suicide or suicide-suicide is a possibility. Or if they had lethal drugs (or simply adequate amounts of a soporific). Alcohol works just fine and that's a common method of death-by-cold in Russia.

So, I guess coroner's reports are not available through PI requests from media in Canada. Fascinating to me. The families may speak (and I would assume that the victims' families would have this information - but I could be wrong about that too).

First of all, the RCMP statement says that an autopsy is being performed, which is done on the order of the Chief Medical Examiner of Manitoba, and is quite distinct from any referral to the coroner.

Maybe hold your horses a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching an interview on CBC right now with the owner of the Jade City Jade store in BC, where the suspects went in and got free coffee the day after Lucas and Chynna were killed. The owner says they purchased something, I think she said "a little jade bear". I'm trying to look this up but I'm not finding it. I even rewinded to listen to it again and I'm sure shes's saying "jade bear". If that's true, they were purchasing little souvenirs, it wouldn't seem like they were planning a big killing spree or suicide mission. Hmm. None of this makes sense.

Just speculating. I might've completely misheard what she was saying. She definitely said they purchased something little though. lol
They murdered Lucas/Chyanna before 6AM on July 15. They had free coffee and free WiFi at Jade Store after 9AM on July 18.

They were probably checking the news and planning how to murder a driver to grab a faster, better escape vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee