Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, some people really want to believe that scenario. But it is not what happened. The fugitives stopped at the van, looked inside, and saw a sleeping couple.

They left the van only after murdering the couple and arranging their bodies on the ground. All evidence collected points to them.
We don’t know any of the evidence and none of us can say what did or didn’t happen. How would you know that they looked in the windows of the van and saw a sleeping couple??? That is your opinion only and it is not based on any evidence.

Just watched an interview with a Sgt. who was involved in the intense search near the river after the boat was found. He said that they were on the run and that the location they were found was where “they decided” that was it. Interesting choice of words.

Manitoba RCMP describe 'harsh' terrain where bodies believed to be that of BC murder suspects were found — Global News

That was very interesting. It helped me appreciate the difficulty of not only searching in that terrain but the need, at the same time, to be covered by other officers while searching in case you met the suspects. Especially when you think about the father’s prediction that they would go out in a blaze of glory, I really appreciate the LE officers who had to stay alert day after day searching in that tough environment with the possibility of violence if/when they found the suspects. I am grateful it has come to an end without a LE shootout.

if the boat tour guide was taking people on boat tours like the article I link a few post back says, why would the press not have booked a tour and reported first hand how that river was? or did they and I missed it?

The tours to Port Nelson with Clint Sawchuk are pretty expensive, ~$1200 and take all day. The press would likely be required to stay near the action and report on the days' events.

Nelson River Adventures | Welcome

I can see him consenting to that, especially if they told him that they will allow him to tell his story. Personally he seems like he is desperate to tell his story, more specifically to believe/feel that he’s been heard. Perhaps it’s residual after affects of his feeling so shuffled aside and silenced in his numerous divorce related hearings.

Offering unparalleled opportunities to tell his story would be more than enough for him to give exclusive interviews. Perhaps he’s forgotten about having no say in what parts or how his story is presented to viewers. IMO he decided to trusted the proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing.
Thanks to a WSer, we know that he'll be paid, and I hope it helps him.

Nobody is asking for "every detail." And yeah, they are very selective. At the expense of not revealing important information to the general public.

To wit: a couple sleeping at the side of the road are shot in the head. RCMP: we are investigating suspicious deaths.

Frankly, it's comical. One person called me a troll, so I'll say: nobody defending the RCMP could possibly be serious.
Maybe the regulations regarding what the public have the right to know are different in Australia and Canada? It appears in Canada everything can be kept from the public. I am wondering how long it took for RCMP to let the public know numerous women were being murdered on the highway of tears, or was it the public that pushed for recognition of this being a major issue? Do they know much more about where all the feet are coming from, but are not saying? That, too seems to be just a "thing" that happens, nothing serious. If they can search security cams from servos for Chynna and Lucas and Cam and Bryer, why not for the jeep as well? One person could have that simple job. Terrifying, really.

Last edited:
If you say so ;)

Not sure what that is meant to mean but is the point of the verification process not to prove who someone is without giving away their identity?

was the boat guide man doing boat tours while you were there?

I never met him, it seems like the tours are a by appointment kind of thing and don’t leave at regular intervals.

Ahem.... I wasn't referring to the flagger who escaped an attempted abduction near Fort Saint John this week ;)

Okay.

Some people living and working in the FSJ area are concerned for their safety, especially if they travel on Highway 29 between Fort Saint John and Hudson's Hope. Part of that trip involves a stretch on the Alaska Highway. The three murders, and now this.

Last year, a trucker who travelled the Liard route and ran a ferry there was murdered near Dawson Creek. A man from Charlie Lake was charged.

Police in the attempted abduction this week asked for dash cam footage from Charlie Lake. Locals preying on on locaks? Dunno. But the murdered man had a connection to Liard.

Yes. They came across a sleeping couple in a blue van, and murdered them in cold blood.

Well, at least we know that sadly, somebody certainly murdered this beautiful couple in cold blood, as you say. Is there some reason to presume that the only persons to travel that stretch of highway during the 8 hours between 11:30 at night and 7:30 the following morning were BS and CM? I would be truly relieved, in some way, to have that confirmation if you can provide it.

Not sure what that is meant to mean but is the point of the verification process not to prove who someone is without giving away their identity?

Would you mind rephrasing that please because I don't understand what you are asking exactly.

There are two sorts of “evidence”: direct & indirect. The money is not being spent, as you say, to confirm guilt. It is confirming what has not been shared with the public. The money indicates, to me at least, that the government perceived a significant threat to the people of Gillam.

And just to be clear, I was on the side of Kam & Bryer right up until Bill Beardy found the torched Rav. Beardy’s on-camera interview broke my heart & I shed a tear whenever I think of the people in that town & region.
Just to clarify, I was not saying that the amount of money spent was to confirm guilt, If you check you will see I was replying to a poster that seemed to believe that because of the amount of money spent n the search, they were obviously guilty, which is incorrect.

Last edited:
It would really be helpful if you could point me to this evidence. Then I could make the point with my young acquaintance and not waste the forum's time. Incidentally, has the time of death of LF and CD been reliably reported? So far as I've been able to tell it has, as previously mentioned, taken place at some time during the several hours of the night/early morning of July 15th. I'm happy to be corrected on this.

Also, on the subject of the gun presumably used to murder the three victims of this dreadful crime, the nature of the injuries sustained allow us to suppose we can narrow down the type of firearm to a pistol of some sort. Do we have any leads on where or how Canadian teenagers could acquire such a weapon? Vancouver Island is not exactly a haven for gangsters who could be, I understand, a source for such evil things and they're certainly not available legally.

A gun has been mentioned in only two of the cases (Lucas and Chynna). No cause of death is available for any of the victims at this time (and it is reported here that the Dyck family hasn't given permission for the CoD to be released, so we may never know).

The pair had a military knife.

My theory is that AS (Bryer's father) may have purchased him a BB gun (and not a plastic pellet gun) and those can kill or at least disable, while some other weapon is used for the kill. We just don't know how the victims died.

I too really wonder how these two got a gun. One theory proposed here is that they took a gun from Lucas (who worked on a property where guns were used and he could have qualified for a PAL, according to some here).

Just watched an interview with a Sgt. who was involved in the intense search near the river after the boat was found. He said that they were on the run and that the location they were found was where “they decided” that was it. Interesting choice of words.

Manitoba RCMP describe 'harsh' terrain where bodies believed to be that of BC murder suspects were found — Global News

This comment, along with the news that search teams had headed out with metal detectors makes me wonder if the suspects shot themselves. I suppose if shell casings were found near the bodies, it could connect to the three murders.

Apologies in advance, and ask him for help. I have been so busy in real life and I'm jumping on here and I'm seeing page after page about something about keys. Can somebody give me a summary because I went back and I cannot figure out what everybody is talking about. Thank you in advance

Multiple members of the media saw and photographed a set of keys (that also seemed to have a leatherman style multi tool attached) amongst the ashes where the RAV4 was burnt. The keys remained in that spot for weeks as the police neglected to collect them. They could potentially be important evidence. <modsnip - rude to members>

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine a judge asking "how and where were the keys you need to prove that KM and BS were at the scene found" ot "and how and where was the knife alleged to have been used to murder Mr Dyck (hypothetical) found?" the reply, "by a reporter, somewhere on the road, days after"....things that make you go hmmm.

Indeed.

My concern, back days ago when photos of the keys left at the scene were first posted, was that those keys might be a mix; some from back in Port Alberni, and maybe one from one or more of the victims. If so, those keys, plus the matchsticks also left uncollected (seen in a video interview at the site with Billy Beardy, who found the car burning) might well have been crucial evidence for a trial.
The fact they were left uncollected is indeed troubling. Chain-of-Evidence is only one issue. Contamination is another, the evidence vanishing is yet another. It is trivial to bag and tag a small piece of evidence. The fact potential evidence was left behind is indeed troubling from a procedural point of view.

I'll also refer people to the pictures of the burned truck to see what the oxidization of burned metal can quickly look like. As for the keys, the rust-colored areas are a concern, though not if, as reported, it had rained between the time of the fire and the day the photo was taken.

In the last thread, a member postulated that the keys could have been initially concealed in ash, then exposed by rain. I find this plausible, but still a bit troubling, especially in conjunction with reports of other things left behind. (matches, sardine tins, pork chops, etc).

This cannot be judged in context of the suspects being dead, because at the time, no one knew that. The evidence should have been collected.

This comment, along with the news that search teams had headed out with metal detectors makes me wonder if the suspects shot themselves. I suppose if shell casings were found near the bodies, it could connect to the three murders.
My mind immediately went to suicide when it was said they were found together about a 1/2 mile from their things, and this information strengthens that. I strongly suspect they killed themselves within a few hours of abandoning the Rav4 or, at the latest, the following day.

Of course, I could be wrong and all MOO, until official confirmation.

"Based on the location like I say, they were on the run. And the spot where they ended up, it's like you say, they kept moving and this is where they stopped, and like I say, the terrain they were in, I guess they just decided this is as far as it's gonna go, and like I say, to even to reach that spot it's it's difficult to walk in."

It sounds like this is where they decided to give up, but that could be giving up to exhaustion and the elements.
Yes I didn’t take that as him saying they committed suicide. I mean they could have or like you said it’s just where they gave up and stayed until they died.

Personally, I think that Dodge Ram truck would have been better equipped to handle the off-roads they took than the Rav4. I would be surprised if the truck would have gotten stuck in the mud like the Rav4 did--or as badly, if it did get stuck. Just MOO.

But it got terrible mileage, was traceable to them, and used diesel. If they were hoping to steal gas, it would be a terrible vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy-mae-pinkerton