Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The keys.

What is the source that claims these keys were found days later? As much as I cringe when quoting Australian media, it says the keys were found beside the RAV4 on July 22nd, same day it burned. Not a word about the RCMP neglecting to find them. I’m unable to find any other source.

According to au.news the credit for the photo of the keys is given to a Macleans staff writer.
Pork chops and oranges before gruesome bush death

The charred set of keys found on the road beside the fugitives’ burnt-out RAV 4 near Gillam on July 22...”

The Maclean’s writer includes the photo in this original article and only mentions this:
Charred objects on the ground near where the vehicle burned. (Photograph by Kyle Edwards)”
A mysterious sighting in the Manitoba manhunt—and then the trail goes cold - Macleans.ca

In the same article Billy Beady also was interviewed. Is it possible he originally took the photo as he was also the source of orange peels and pork chops in this same article indicating he was involved in checking out items found nearby at the time.....

.......Otherwise what is the source please? (aside from anonymous rumours).

Last edited:
Would their bb gun float or make it to the shore with their personal belongings?

Oh, it's not bystanders and WSers they need to worry about. It's the U.S. and Australian governments they will have to answer to eventually. Our questions here will prepare them for much tougher questions from a much tougher crowd. I can't imagine how it will go if they tell those people that a question is "not relevant". No, that would not sit well.

This. The story is international and while Canadians certainly have their take on it ("suspicious deaths" "RCMP involvement" = really serious crime; everyone local sort of knew about it), the governments (and tourists) of USA and Australia are following from a different POV.

In both Australia and the US, the media will act as a kind of surrogate government, but behind the scenes, the national LE agencies of both nations will certainly form opinions as well. The keys symbolize a less-than-controlled crime scene (even if not needed as evidence at this point).

BTW, some burned objects still have DNA on them...unlikely, but not impossible. Keys may not be the best object (although the interior of the leatherman tool might be promising), but one does wonder what else was missed.

So far, the most troubling part of the case to me (forensically) is no murder weapon to tie the two to all three murders.

There is an up arrow to the right of the quoted text box. Select the arrow and you can work your way back through the conversation.

Yes but I have about 8 people on ignore so it doesn't work in that case. I was just curious if it was still going around, as the main game I have seen people claim(not here necessarily) they were simulating is in NO way similar to what has happened.

reposting: I just re watched the road worker who found C&L. He said L had a little injury on his hip. Maybe that's a bb shot. Maybe that's what connect the victims.

edit to add: I know it might not be the CoD, but maybe their "signature"?

Last edited:
RCMP will certainly have made a list of the few vehicles that were seen in video cameras along the highway between Fort Nelson and Watson Lake, between 11PM and 7AM.

From July 15 to July 19, that was probably their only lead ... find each vehicle that passed, and try to determine model/year.

Sounds like some math would be in order - or arithmetic at least. Take the two cameras situated either side of the crime site and average the length of time every vehicle passing that location on the night/early morning of July 15/16. Then isolate any vehicles that took much longer to make that distance. I suppose that the owners of those vehicle(s) should be, or have been, questioned for the reasons that caused their delays. Here's the thing. I hope that in the relief of having apparently solved the crime, a real murderer is not scott free tonight.

Multiple members of the media saw and photographed a set of keys (that also seemed to have a leatherman style multi tool attached) amongst the ashes where the RAV4 was burnt. The keys remained in that spot for weeks as the police neglected to collect them. They could potentially be important evidence. <modsnip - rude to members>

Multiple? Link please. Other than by the Maclean’s staff writer, what different photographs have been published?

Last edited:
Nobody is asking for "every detail." And yeah, they are very selective. At the expense of not revealing important information to the general public.

To wit: a couple sleeping at the side of the road are shot in the head. RCMP: we are investigating suspicious deaths.

Frankly, it's comical. One person called me a troll, so I'll say: nobody defending the RCMP could possibly be serious.

Sometimes it seems like our courts afford the accused more rights that the victims or the public. I am not defending the system, just trying to try to explain it. I guess I am always shocked when a case gets to trial how much evidence they have and how they manage to keep it out of the public domain.

Wondering where you are from and trying to understand your perspective.

So thieving may well be part of the common experience for troubled youth in PA. (Both went to an alternative school where a town's "bad boys" establish a social structure that is not necessarily driven by a need for community acceptance) But physical attacks on strangers is rare to non-existent and the last murder in Port Alberni took place in 1996. I think that may be why a teenaged acquaintance, who has also been following this tragic escapade, tried out his theory on me. He proposed another possibility entirely. His theory is that BS and KM were driving up the highway in the dead of night and saw a van pulled over with the rear doors wide open; a hole in the window and nobody anywhere in sight. Assuming the van was abandoned, at least temporarily, they immediately pulled over and stripped the van of anything they could find of value. In the dark, they never saw the murder victims lying on the ground on the other side of the van. They carried on their way, probably high as kites and camping with their newly acquired gear. But then during the next few days, they learned not only had the van owners been murdered, but that they themselves had been declared missing and so they had no idea what to do, knowing that when they were found there could be questions about the stuff they had stole. They could think of only one thing - they needed a different vehicle in order to stay "disappeared". As for not contacting their families, few teenage time clocks are set to coincide with parental worries. In a month or two they could get in touch, perhaps. And then, stopping at a rest stop, they met an elderly gentleman with a terrific vehicle was parked nearby. He was picking mushrooms or something. Anyway he didn't seem to know anything about their situation. One thing followed another, including a completely accidental vehicle incident took place in which the Professor was run over by their truck, with the unlicensed BS at the wheel. Maybe he was backing up or something. They may or may not have tried to help but then they realized he was dead. What they did do was make another stupendously stupid decision. So they set their "incriminating" truck on fire, stole the Professor's Rav 4 and booted out of there. Is my teenaged sleuth friend's theory reasonable? (I just hope it doesn't get me booted from the forum. Sorry in advance, MODS, if I'm too close to the line.)

[sbm]

I think someone needs to teach that teenager about Occams Razor.

Oh, it's not bystanders and WSers they need to worry about. It's the U.S. and Australian governments they will have to answer to eventually. Our questions here will prepare them for much tougher questions from a much tougher crowd. I can't imagine how it will go if they tell those people that a question is "not relevant". No, that would not sit well.

Why would they have to answer to the U.S. or Australian government? Will they have to provide a briefing of some kind or something more?

What is the general policy when a citizen of one nation is killed in another? I'm sure there's diplomatic type communications at least but is there anything beyond that? There were four Canadians killed in the Las Vegas shooting in 2017 and I can't recall whether or not American police had to provide anything official to the Canadian government regarding the investigation.

I bookmarked their Instagrams early. :) I didn't get a chance to look at their FBs when they were up, which I regret now.

Kam (@kam.mcleod911) • Instagram photos and videos

bryer (@bryer_schmegelsky) • Instagram photos and videos

There's not a lot there, and KM's hadn't been publicly updated in a few years. BS just has 1 pic, plus the profile pic, and I can't see when that was uploaded. The other pic was from June. I wonder if he had scrubbed his of content recently.

You’re a goldmine.

But it got terrible mileage, was traceable to them, and used diesel. If they were hoping to steal gas, it would be a terrible vehicle.

I'm just trying to catch up on threads, but do I have this straight?

First they try to steal a vehicle, but it was broken down, it screwed up their plans yet and they killed for such

Second they trying to steal a vehicle but didn't realize it was diesel fuel, it's screwed up their plans yet and they killed for such.

If they had killed another time, would they have stolen a car that was a manual transmission, three in a tree from the old days and they would not have known how to drive it?

Bad Karma indeed may have made them suicidal as to each of their efforts.

Ok thank you. It makes more sense now.
I was not aware of this policy on WS

Posters can choose to get verified if they have an expertise in a specific area or 'inside information', or sometimes we have family members/friends that will come here and they can get verified as well. I think it prevents posters 'questioning' what those verified members are posting or are who they say they are, and also allows those verified members to post and not always needing to provide links and not having to prove to us posters who they are, since Tricia will do that for us.

Most will have what they are verified as... such as @10ofRods ... if you look under the username, it says "verified anthropolgist" (may only see that on a computer though?)

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member