Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posters can choose to get verified if they have an expertise in a specific area or 'inside information', or sometimes we have family members/friends that will come here and they can get verified as well. I think it prevents posters 'questioning' what those verified members are posting or are who they say they are, and also allows those verified members to post and not always needing to provide links and not having to prove to us posters who they are, since Tricia will do that for us.

Most will have what they are verified as... such as @10ofRods ... if you look under the username, it says "verified anthropolgist" (may only see that on a computer though?)

Hope this helps :)

Yes thank you for letting me know.
This policy makes a lot of sense

Multiple? Link please. Other than by the Maclean’s staff writer, what different photographs have been published?

I'm in no way trying to be rude, but this has been gone over repeatedly today. @aphoto has explained that more than one reporter saw the keys (can't recall if aphoto saw it for themselves or not)... there was even a tweet today from one of the only remaining reporters there...

Renata D'Aliesio

@RenataDAliesio

RCMP searchers have wrapped up their search of the Nelson River shoreline and bush. They are now at the site of the torched SUV, where bits of metal and scorched keys had remained #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

2:44 PM · Aug 9, 2019

I bookmarked their Instagrams early. :) I didn't get a chance to look at their FBs when they were up, which I regret now.

Kam (@kam.mcleod911) • Instagram photos and videos

bryer (@bryer_schmegelsky) • Instagram photos and videos

There's not a lot there, and KM's hadn't been publicly updated in a few years. BS just has 1 pic, plus the profile pic, and I can't see when that was uploaded. The other pic was from June. I wonder if he had scrubbed his of content recently.
That "face" pic you mentioned as being their last gaming posts to each other appears to be the same as on Kam's Insta, 2nd row, 3rd column, and it says "Kill Em" :(

I'm just trying to catch up on threads, but do I have this straight?

First they try to steal a vehicle, but it was broken down, it screwed up their plans yet and they killed for such

Second they trying to steal a vehicle but didn't realize it was diesel fuel, it's screwed up their plans yet and they killed for such.

If they had killed another time, would they have stolen a car that was a manual transmission, three in a tree from the old days and they would not have known how to drive it?

Bad Karma indeed may have made them suicidal as to each of their efforts.

They robbed two people who were stranded on the side of the road. Then they shot them. 4 days later, they stole a vehicle from another man, and they killed him. Then they went on the run, eventually ending up on the Nelson River East Sundance, Manitoba. Their bodies were found earlier this week.

Well here's everything anyone could possibly need to know about the Rav 4 but my eyes still glaze over in trying to decipher whether Professor Dyck's 2011 model had a diesel or gas engine. On the one hand, I can imagine that BS and CM might consider to be a good vehicle to hoist, given that they might not have far fewer fuel stops when on the lam (and as I recall, it was mentioned at one point that there were a number of fuel canisters in Professor Dyck's car.) On the other hand, access to gasoline didn't seem to be much of a challenge to them. They certainly used ample amounts of it in the torching of the two vehicles.

They robbed two people who were stranded on the side of the road. Then they shot them. 4 days later, they stole a vehicle from another man, and they killed him. Then they went on the run, eventually ending up on the Nelson River East Sundance, Manitoba. Their bodies were found earlier this week.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but they were never charged with either robbery or murder in the deaths of the two people found murdered on the side of the road, nor was it ever proven that they later killed again.

I'm in no way trying to be rude, but this has been gone over repeatedly today. @aphoto has explained that more than one reporter saw the keys (can't recall if aphoto saw it for themselves or not)... there was even a tweet today from one of the only remaining reporters there...

Renata D'Aliesio

@RenataDAliesio

RCMP searchers have wrapped up their search of the Nelson River shoreline and bush. They are now at the site of the torched SUV, where bits of metal and scorched keys had remained #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

2:44 PM · Aug 9, 2019

At this time aphoto is an anonymous WS member, not a source.

The reporter who’s credited with the original photo is not declaring the keys were found days later so unless more information is forthcoming, unless Renata states she personally saw the keys on the ground days later as well, there isn’t enough facts to push the runaway train into the territory that its taking IMO.

Why would they have to answer to the U.S. or Australian government? Will they have to provide a briefing of some kind or something more?

What is the general policy when a citizen of one nation is killed in another? I'm sure there's diplomatic type communications at least but is there anything beyond that? There were four Canadians killed in the Las Vegas shooting in 2017 and I can't recall whether or not American police had to provide anything official to the Canadian government regarding the investigation.

They don't. No one in Canada has to care at all about how they are perceived outside of Canada.

The amount of information available to the US public about the Las Vegas shootings far exceedings what is available publicly to Canadians about these events. So, no Canadian should complain about lack of information on the US side and if Canadians like their system, they should maintain it. From reading here, I know that some Canadians would have liked more information (I, for one, want to know if snipers are in the woods...what guns they are using, but that's just me).

We each choose where to live and where to travel based on perceptions. I'm just saying that Australians, in particular (where this case gets heavy coverage) may be left with a bad taste.

I'm not that interested in "official" communications. I'm interested in police having to back up their pursuit of suspects with evidence that makes sense to the public. I guess I'm agreeing that murders on public roads are public events. We know, for example, what weapons were used in El Paso and Dayton, how big the magazines were, and that grandparents (in the El Paso case) had contacted police with serious concerns about the shooter. In the Dayton case, we know that nearly all the deceased were shot in the torsos (typical of someone fanning a group with an aim to make sure lots of shots land) except for the sister (who was shot in the head). In the case of the Orange County man who went on a rampage (yesterday, I believe) and knifed a bunch of people, we know that he also robbed a couple of places without knifing them (but at knife point - actually, it was a machete).

And you betcha, I want to know if people in my general area are wielding machetes (a guy was walking with one at 5 am when noticed by some neighbors - I would now cite this other case in asking them to please let police know).

Motive/MO are not the rigid things we once thought. These two were capable of quite a bit (but not as much, if they were merely armed with a plastic pellet gun and one knife). If they ran over Prof Dyck and didn't shoot or slice him, that means something different (to me and yes, I do want to know). I'd want to know if all three people were essentially knifed to death, as I would take different precautions than if they were running people over with vehicles.

I do wonder if RCMP could work effectively with the Australian LE, in this case (given the very different constraints on publicity). That alone (isolating RCMP from very good LE in Australia) makes me a little disappointed (I think that the more eyes are on a case, the better).

The keys! Understandably there’s an oversight by the RCMP and speculation that the keys could be linked to LD. However, what if the keys were Kams? Did the McLeods have a Toyota or similar car? Along with mailbox key, garage key .... etc. More questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badge 1187