Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if I missed them but have you posted any photos of the searched areas in or around Gillam?

No, they are currently property of my employer until my embargo is up. They are mostly behind a paywall but several of my images have been linked in these threads. I have submitted for verification so hopefully that puts some people’s minds at ease.

if the boat tour guide was taking people on boat tours like the article I linked a few post back says, why would the press not have booked a tour and reported first hand how that river was? or did they and I missed it?

Last edited:
No, they are currently property of my employer until my embargo is up. They are mostly behind a paywall but several of my images have been linked in these threads. I have submitted for verification so hopefully that puts some people’s minds at ease.

Are you a photographer?

I believe AS stopped talking to the media because he signed an exclusive with 60 minutes Australia

I can see him consenting to that, especially if they told him that they will allow him to tell his story. Personally he seems like he is desperate to tell his story, more specifically to believe/feel that he’s been heard. Perhaps it’s residual after affects of his feeling so shuffled aside and silenced in his numerous divorce related hearings.

Offering unparalleled opportunities to tell his story would be more than enough for him to give exclusive interviews. Perhaps he’s forgotten about having no say in what parts or how his story is presented to viewers. IMO he decided to trusted the proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing.

... LE has to be very selective with what information is released to the public as it could jeopardize the admissibility of evidence presented at the trial. The public here does not expect to know every detail pretrial. ...

Nobody is asking for "every detail." And yeah, they are very selective. At the expense of not revealing important information to the general public.

To wit: a couple sleeping at the side of the road are shot in the head. RCMP: we are investigating suspicious deaths.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting to hear how BS and CM died, originally RCMP said they expected to know by the end of the week (thursday?), but still nothing?

The murder was solved? Really?
Can you tell me how you would know it's bang on with accuracy? IIRC, it was Australian press that first broke the news about Lucas's death (and a bit about how he died). Does G & M have a competitor of note?

It's my impression that G & M adhere's pretty closely to what is officially released by the government. Are there examples of it doing investigative journalism? When Karla Homolka began her new life, I"m not sure G & M ever covered it (despite other news outlets finding her with three kids). I ask because if G & M is always accurate (but does not cover many stories), that's not necessarily a good thing.

Also, if G & M is offering the same stories, I think the wikipedia articles should reflect the initial journalism, which right now, is attributed (in the Homolka case) to other outlets.
I subscribe to the G&M (and bore myself into oblivion every time I read it). For a while, it looked like the National Post might be the competition but that has gone a bit pear-shaped lately. Christie Blatchford is the only journalist who sticks her neck out. The G&M is bland and, yes, follows the pablum put out by the government. Of course, they would not report on KH's new identity. That might spoil life for her. MOO.

Yes, some people really want to believe that scenario. But it is not what happened. The fugitives stopped at the van, looked inside, and saw a sleeping couple.

They left the van only after murdering the couple and arranging their bodies on the ground. All evidence collected points to them.

It would really be helpful if you could point me to this evidence. Then I could make the point with my young acquaintance and not waste the forum's time. Incidentally, has the time of death of LF and CD been reliably reported? So far as I've been able to tell it has, as previously mentioned, taken place at some time during the several hours of the night/early morning of July 15th. I'm happy to be corrected on this.

Also, on the subject of the gun presumably used to murder the three victims of this dreadful crime, the nature of the injuries sustained allow us to suppose we can narrow down the type of firearm to a pistol of some sort. Do we have any leads on where or how Canadian teenagers could acquire such a weapon? Vancouver Island is not exactly a haven for gangsters who could be, I understand, a source for such evil things and they're certainly not available legally.

Last edited:
Based on the items left behind in the RAV4, the fugitives bolted from the area very quickly, probably expecting the Split Lake band Constables to call Gillam RCMP.

Prof. Dyck may have maintained an office at UBC Botany Dept after retirement, with several filing cabinets.

UBC referred to him as a sessional botanist. From what I understand it’s not really a position of security and not one that would offer an office per say.

If the amount of time and money spent is equated to confirming guilt, that is frightening.

There are two sorts of “evidence”: direct & indirect. The money is not being spent, as you say, to confirm guilt. It is confirming what has not been shared with the public. The money indicates, to me at least, that the government perceived a significant threat to the people of Gillam.

And just to be clear, I was on the side of Kam & Bryer right up until Bill Beardy found the torched Rav. Beardy’s on-camera interview broke my heart & I shed a tear whenever I think of the people in that town & region.

Last edited:
110 km (nearly 70 miles). There's no way it was connected to the suspects. Their personal belongings were on the shore upstream of the rapids. Nothing was downstream except the boat.

Just so I’m understanding the events clearly. The sleeping bag spotted by Cliff (can’t remember his last name) was 110 km from their personal belongings?

Just watched an interview with a Sgt. who was involved in the intense search near the river after the boat was found. He said that they were on the run and that the location they were found was where “they decided” that was it. Interesting choice of words.

Manitoba RCMP describe 'harsh' terrain where bodies believed to be that of BC murder suspects were found — Global News

"Based on the location like I say, they were on the run. And the spot where they ended up, it's like you say, they kept moving and this is where they stopped, and like I say, the terrain they were in, I guess they just decided this is as far as it's gonna go, and like I say, to even to reach that spot it's it's difficult to walk in."

It sounds like this is where they decided to give up, but that could be giving up to exhaustion and the elements.

Apologies in advance, and ask him for help. I have been so busy in real life and I'm jumping on here and I'm seeing page after page about something about keys. Can somebody give me a summary because I went back and I cannot figure out what everybody is talking about. Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lorenna