Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I wonder. If it’s true B’s mother feared that AS would kill her, instead of B supporting her he apparently aligns himself with his father who goes on to support his shooting games. IMO the dynamics are very disturbing.

How K fits into it, I have no idea.

That could be a possibility. Especially if his mom was the disciplinarian while his dad was the "weekend dad" who shows up with expensive gifts. Sons kind of automatically look up to their fathers too, I think.

Didn't it also say that even up to the current day, they had to have supervised visits? I'm thinking the decision for Bryer to live with his dad was extrajudicial. It probably wasn't supposed to be allowed but there isn't much oversight a lot of times. I know in my family, there were restraining orders between my parents and my brother, and yet he still lived with each of them violating the restraining orders on multiple occasions (which all parties could have been arrested for) and nobody checked up on it.

Considering the harassment charges, the distance from Kam, and Bryer's dad's homelessness for the past couple of years (it sounds like he may have become homeless after the 2016 harassment charge and never been able to find housing after that -- JMO), it isn't much of a mystery why Bryer left. I think he probably got along with his dad better than his mom overall, but it seems like his dad was unable to provide a stable and structured environment.

Wasn't the first charge in 2008, on Bryer's 8th birthday, as mentioned in that article?

Yeah it sounds like there may have been multiple targets and this was likely a recurring pattern...and he probably had this behavior for a long time before ever getting arrested for it...I'm thinking it's not a mystery why Bryer kept saying he was going to cut peoples' heads off and so on....
He was apparently arrested on Bryer's 8th birthday (August 4, 2008). I can't quite figure out if it was for a harassment charge or not. The article just says he received probation and then notes a harassment charge from December of that year.

Alan Schmegelsky, father of northern B.C. murder suspect, details troubled life in book

Is anyone here going to read AS's book?

I wouldn't read it, personally, for several reasons, but I did look for it after it was initially released. I never could find a digital copy, though sometimes those are delayed with self-pub releases. I haven't looked in awhile.

Honestly, I suspect he purchased the cheapest option available from the self-publisher, and those usually focus heavily on physical copies rather than digital copies, which would be easier for someone to promote and sell in the modern publishing industry (In my humble opinion, these options are the equivalent of a scam that take advantage of authors unaware of how the industry works, but that is another topic.)

In any event, I suspect it is hard to get a copy of it if it is only a print book.

Didn't he say he planned now to not publish it because of the events that occurred, and was only going to provide excerpts to the news by way of explanation on what happened with Bryer?

Honestly, I want to be all moral and stuff and say I wouldn't read it...but let's be real, if I ever found where to read it, I totally would...sorry.

This is what I wonder. If it’s true B’s mother feared that AS would kill her, instead of B supporting her he apparently aligns himself with his father who goes on to support his shooting games. IMO the dynamics are very disturbing.

How K fits into it, I have no idea.

Pure speculation here, but maybe she didn't approve of guns and/or his video gaming habits, and BS manipulated his father into getting him the airsoft?

Count me 'out'.

Count me out too. I’d be far more interested in the other side of the story but I think B’s family knows better than to engage in a media feud with AS. It merely creates a needless sideshow by giving him more attention than he deserves and takes away from the focus, which should be on the three victims and their families. JMO

Usually, there is a reason behind a choice. A reflexion perhaps.
Not just head or tail

jmo of course

Heads = privacy
Tails = none

They may not have the privacy for long. The coroner will have a say in the matter. We may not know until the investigation is considered closed.

Didn't he say he planned now to not publish it because of the events that occurred, and was only going to provide excerpts to the news by way of explanation on what happened with Bryer?

Honestly, I want to be all moral and stuff and say I wouldn't read it...but let's be real, if I ever found where to read it, I totally would...sorry.

I think he said he was still publishing it, but not selling it?

Then he “briefly moved” to Victoria and then what happened? Why briefly?

Going to new school in Victoria without knowing a single kid is probably why he moved back to Port Alberni. Schools are downright awful with how much bullying goes on, I imagine it was compounded by being quiet, poor to a certain degree, overly tall and lanky.

You know, you might be right about the excerpts. I just remember finding it really weird there was no online purchase option whatsoever I could find. He might have backtracked on his announcement about releasing it after the negative response he received.

I'm not going to say I am above reading it--because I'm not LOL, though I wouldn't pay for a copy--but I have to slog through some pretty bad manuscripts for work. It would just seem like more work to me, without the catharsis of getting to mark it up. ;)

Count me out too. I’d be far more interested in the other side of the story but I think B’s family knows better than to engage in a media feud with AS. It merely creates a needless sideshow by giving him more attention than he deserves and takes away from the focus, which should be on the three victims and their families. JMO

I already know what AS has written, in his 'manifesto'. It wasn't his fault , somebody did it to him, he wouldn't hurt a fly, his son is /was fabulous, make sure you spell my name right on the cheque, my ex-wife is terrible/horrible, I am a nice guy, no one understands me, add another zero to that number, pass me a hankie, and so on.

You get my drift.

This case has consumed me for several weeks and now I’m on the edge of my seat for tomorrow’s PC. I hope we get a few answers.
I’ve enjoyed everyone’s theories, ideas, conspiracies, complaints, kudos and banters. Until tomorrow!

Going to new school in Victoria without knowing a single kid is probably why he moved back to Port Alberni. Schools are downright awful with how much bullying goes on, I imagine it was compounded by being quiet, poor to a certain degree, overly tall and lanky.
I would love to know if he enrolled in school at Victoria briefly or if it was just the idea of going to school somewhere new that was a turn-off. I've never heard exact dates for when he lived with his dad except for it was summer, I think.

I honestly can't blame Bryer if that was his reasoning. It is hard to move and start a new school at any age but especially for a 16-year-old, even one who is less socially awkward than he apparently was.

I agree with this, and it's also possible it was only ever meant to be a temporary arrangement over the summer, so that he could work construction and have something to do. It sounds like he couldn't even keep the friends he had, let alone easily make new ones.

I thought being tall is considered to be a good thing though?

I already know what AS has written, in his 'manifesto'. It wasn't his fault , somebody did it to him, he wouldn't hurt a fly, his son is /was fabulous, make sure you spell my name right on the cheque, my ex-wife is terrible/horrible, I am a nice guy, no one understands me, add another zero to that number, pass me a hankie, and so on.

You get my drift.

I think the book is probably part of why CD's sister was so angry in her Facebook post, (among other reasons of course).

@NJSleuth91 Someone tall might be able to weigh in, but the gist I get from my taller friends is that it is super awkward to be the tallest kid in the room as a teenager, especially if you're not an athlete and are kind of clumsy or still growing into your body. I don't know if BS was physically awkward, but he looks ginormous height-wise in every picture I've seen of him. It might have intimidated some of his classmates he towered over and made him feel overly conspicuous and different.

Wasn't the first charge in 2008, on Bryer's 8th birthday, as mentioned in that article?

my oversight! the file concluded in 2010. the first charge was christmas day december 25 2008, but i do recall hearing that one was on Bs birthday. there are SO many charges and breaches it is very hard to keep them straight.

Who he was criminally harassing isn’t known but nobody’s going to convince me anybody’s who prone to criminally harassing anybody or breaching terms of their probation is a positive influence in a 16 year olds life.

It was his ex-wife. Most likely he was desperately trying to find a way to convince her to let him see his son. The more she refused the more desperate he became. Parental alienation is a real thing that both men and women use as a hurtful tactic in a breakup.

I know I was one of the height-truthers who got fixated on Kam's height (and I apologize for that if it got annoying--estimating heights is a weird hobby of mine), but if Kam himself was also unusually tall, that might have been another thing that they had in common and bonded over. They would have felt less awkward and gangly together than solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bxvice