Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my oversight! the file concluded in 2010. the first charge was christmas day december 25 2008, but i do recall hearing that one was on Bs birthday. there are SO many charges and breaches it is very hard to keep them straight.

I'm not sure if anyone has touched on this, but I notice that many of his charges are breaching a court order, etc.
Some of these could simply be him trying to see Bryer and the other side of the family not allowing him to by calling police.
Not saying that is the case or trying to defend him, just that it is possible that's what some of those could be.

Last edited:
Thank you. I am very well familiar with the Act. And with the Privacy Commissioners rulings and guidelines.
Imo the cod is private information of the deceased. LE would be permitted to release this info if required to conclude or further an investigatigation or resolve suspected criminal activity. Technically LE should not be releasing this info to the family, except for those purposes. But I get it, the family wants to know (presumably) and LE tells them. I can understand that. But I see no provision anywhere that would give the family control or a veto over disclosure of this information.

In BC, it's the Coroner's office, not LE that would or wouldn't release this type of information to both the public and/or family members. All decisions come from their office according to the Coroner's Act and COD is not necessarily private information of the deceased - a families request to keep COD private may (i.e. - Len Dyck) or may not (i.e. - Ben Kilmer) be respected. If anyone cares to read it, there is also reference to "Despite the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act,"... so their act can supersede FOI/POPA.

Coroners Act

Woronora man found dead four years after disappearance

Just as an aside, if anyone was curious as to why no Australian was the slightest bit surprised at the time it took for bodies to be found, and the efforts required to find missing bodies in terrain so harsh and so inherently difficult to human habitation, it's because it isn't abnormal here in AU..

In fact, the RCMP were terrifically mouthy and over exuberant in giving out information in comparison to the NSW Pol, and incredibly swift and extremely clever, highly organized and competent, as is the NSW Pol, really, but nature , such as Northern Manitoba provides, can bamboozle a battalion of clever police and trackers and trump all the technology currently available, nearly every time.

@NJSleuth91 Someone tall might be able to weigh in, but the gist I get from my taller friends is that it is super awkward to be the tallest kid in the room as a teenager, especially if you're not an athlete and are kind of clumsy or still growing into your body. I don't know if BS was physically awkward, but he looks ginormous height-wise in every picture I've seen of him. It might have intimidated some of his classmates he towered over and made him feel overly conspicuous and different.

It's possible. Personally I've never felt that way about super tall people, but combined with not being athletic and being underweight, I could see it. I don't think his height was the reason why his classmates might have felt intimidated by him or thought he was different, though. Maybe it made his jokes/threats about killing people seem scarier, though...for example when you're around someone who is armed with a huge knife, wearing Nazi regalia, hopped up on Ritalin, and is ALSO 6'4" on top of that, it's definitely time to leave.

my oversight! the file concluded in 2010. the first charge was christmas day december 25 2008, but i do recall hearing that one was on Bs birthday. there are SO many charges and breaches it is very hard to keep them straight.

Oh, wow, yet another dysfunctional family parallel between my family and Bryer's. In my family the worst fights that involved cops etc. tended to happen on the holidays too. I still kind of hate Christmas to this day and don't really celebrate my birthday. Do all of these dysfunctional families just read the same manual or what?

I would love to know if he enrolled in school at Victoria briefly or if it was just the idea of going to school somewhere new that was a turn-off. I've never heard exact dates for when he lived with his dad except for it was summer, I think.

I honestly can't blame Bryer if that was his reasoning. It is hard to move and start a new school at any age but especially for a 16-year-old, even one who is less socially awkward than he apparently was.

Maybe he wasn’t going to attend a conventional school setting. Some sort of homeschool or outreach set-up. Maybe he was going to work alongside his dad and school on the side.

There seems to be a dream for a different/better life from AS and perhaps he made significant efforts to attempt a “normal” home life but then formalities get in the way and the plans/goals/dreams hit a brick wall and back to square one they go.

One thing that I keep going back to is the image of the father/son construction business. The photo is of the very first (if that) boards going in for framing. No photo of the completed project. I even wondered if it was staged in an effort to gain work.

Anyways I rambled... my point is that even enrolling in school in Vic could have been too much to work out.

Life is hard. I get it. For a young teenager I imagine it was confusing and endless hope.

Same thoughts! You beat me to it.

Just as possible that the mother could see the seeds the father was sowing in his son, even with the slight access he had, and felt it necessary to try and limit the flow of propaganda from father to son as much as was possible, considering her circumstances. And who can say she was wrong, as things turned out, eh?..

It could be argued that the mother was on the money , all along.

It's a six of one, half a dozen of the other situation, really.

Heads = privacy
Tails = none

They may not have the privacy for long. The coroner will have a say in the matter. We may not know until the investigation is considered closed.

In Canada, Coroners/Medical Examiners work under Provincial Jurisdiction although the Coroners Act is Federal Legislation. They aren’t public figures like in the US. Because of the criminal investigation, the autopsy results will be turned over to the RCMP.

Thank you! That worked!

I noticed--not that it is important but it did strike me as unusual--that Kam's initials were KAM because of his middle name.
Good catch! I wonder if that was deliberate.

Going back to one of the first write-ups of McLeod and Schmegelsky.

I thought MSM news quoted Schmelgesky friend said he was snorting Ritalin, not Adderall, when they were camping. I'm still looking for that exact news article.

Searching for answers: Sense of unease lingers in B.C.’s isolated north as police hunt suspects in remote killings
Yes, the article you linked does say Ritalin. I don't know that I have personally seen anyone mention Adderall for him.

Just as possible that the mother could see the seeds the father was sowing in his son, even with the slight access he had, and felt it necessary to try and limit the flow of propaganda from father to son as much as was possible, considering her circumstances. And who can say she was wrong, as things turned out, eh?..

It could be argued that the mother was on the money , all along.

It's a six of one, half a dozen of the other situation, really.

I myself would think that she may not be such a great influence herself though considering Bryer apparently wasn't even living with her. Must be a reason for that. In my opinion, a good mother would do what she can to help her child. Not ditch them with their own mother(assuming it is her mother he was living with).

In Canada, Coroners/Medical Examiners work under Provincial Jurisdiction although the Coroners Act is Federal Legislation. They aren’t public figures like in the US. Because of the criminal investigation, the autopsy results will be turned over to the RCMP.

Yes, they will be turned over to the RCMP but the Coroner has final say in releasing info to the public.

Application of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
64 Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act,

(a)if no inquest is held, a coroner may refuse to disclose any information collected in the course of an investigation until the investigation is completed,

(b)if an inquest is held, a coroner may refuse to disclose any information collected in the course of an investigation or inquest until the inquest is completed, and

the people up there are notoriously famous for being easily sunburned, so if the bears didn't get them, the sun would have

In BC, it's the Coroner's office, not LE that would or wouldn't release this type of information to both the public and/or family members. All decisions come from their office according to the Coroner's Act and COD is not necessarily private information of the deceased - a families request to keep COD private may (i.e. - Len Dyck) or may not (i.e. - Ben Kilmer) be respected. If anyone cares to read it, there is also reference to "Despite the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act,"... so their act can supersede FOI/POPA.

Coroners Act
But the autopsy was performed in Winnipeg even though RCMP forensics lab is in Vancouver. Would that make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bxvice