Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed it in many earlier informations - Bryer and Kam spent a number of months (or years) camping out in the 'bush' (most likely around their area which is mountains and forest. This was also confirmed by acquaintances of them as well as family members.
What are the bugs in BC like?

Your entire post should be mandatory reading. The line I picked out though, I used to believe this and wish I still did. Not saying it applies to either Bryer or Kam because I simply don’t know. I do know that more and more I’ve seen the aftereffects of children raised by a parent(s) who, for whatever reason, wasn’t able to provide their young child basics of nurturing and love, often leaving a child devoid of a heathy emotional intelligence. IF early intervention doesn’t happen in a child’s life I believe that the chances of “being fixed” become smaller and smaller. (Early intervention as I’ve said here can mean so many different things so please don’t get hung up on my choice of word.)

Our culture needs to pay more attention to what your post touches on. Thank you for being willing to expose yourself in an effort to bring that attention to the issue.

Thanks. Yeah, like, I know a lot of people wouldn't put themselves on blast like that, but I feel like this problem keeps happening in our society because people aren't being open about this stuff....

And another thing I forgot to mention. It actually takes a lot for a family's dysfunctions to be public record, such as with Bryer's family's court records. Like, basically, in my experience, for every family dysfunction that cops and social workers intervene on, there were probably hundreds that should have been intervened on but nobody ever knew about them. JMO.

And even when a family enters a system...the interventions are often sub-par. I could tell you pages of stories about that but I won't. But what I will say is nobody ever talked to me about the cop/knife incident, including my parents. Even when we had to go to court ordered family therapy, it was never brought up. I never had to go to individual therapy either. I don't know if it was even in the police report. Now when I look back on it, I'm shocked at how apathetic the authorities were about the whole thing. Luckily I had the wherewithal to realize on my own that was a REALLY stupid thing to do, and never did anything nearly that stupid again, but if I hadn't had that wherewithal...? I'm reminded so much of all the obvious, flashing red flags in this case that everyone ignored. Even when someone "gets help," why are signs like this missed so often?

I know what you mean about early intervention. I suspect Bryer and Kam would always have had some degree of mental issues. But I think their crimes were very preventable. As far as we know, they had never committed any violent acts before this. There was no pattern of slowly escalating criminal behavior that we know about. Of course, we could be wrong, maybe there was this pattern and they were just never caught. But to me that indicates that this was probably an impulsive thing, and they weren't always "pre-destined" to be like this. Talk about violence is, ultimately, just talk, and while it's a risk factor for violence, it doesn't necessarily mean it is destined to happen. All JMO.

As I said earlier, Chynna’s family has EVERY right to respond as they see fit to whatever they see fit to respond to. Every emotion is understandable. This horrible loss and the ongoing circumstances were and are forced on them. Hopefully sharing their experience of the things that are falling before them will be helpful not only to them but to others who are suffering and seeking a way through.

If her statement was made in some other time and some other place in a context other than the terrible loss of a loved one though, I would find it lacked insight and knowledge. I’d certainly be rolling my eyes by the time I got to “courage”. In my experience people greatly overestimate their own agency in the way their lives unfold. As if they independently conjure up all their positive characteristics and fortunate circumstances through the sheer force of their own choices and will. They credit themselves for all kinds of things that have nothing to do with anything they actually did. We are overwhelmingly a product of the genetic hand we are dealt at birth, an environment we can’t yet dictate for many years of our lives, and experiences that we do not choose. In short, if Kennedy Deese had been born with AS’s precise genetic makeup, and had his precise experiences, she’d be him. She’s not better than him, or more courageous, or more resourceful because she’s done something magnificent. She’s just different from him, and until recent weeks, maybe a lot luckier.

I've little doubt that Kennedy Deese (Chynna's sister) was being hounded by media for a response to snippets of AS "60 Minutes AUS" interview circulating when she made her public FB post early Saturday morning.

I'm not even sure she saw his interview, as her reference appeared to be his book "Red Flagged."

I'm sorry every one of the families are not able to grieve in peace. I don't know how they can talk to anyone at this time. Wishing them peace and healing.

Exactly - and over the 10 plus years there have been a multitude of reality shows on televisions focussed on persons living and surviving in the northern wilderness.

You’re right, I forgot, yes add the reality shows which make it appear the participants are all alone in the middle of nowhere while being filmed by a TV crew.

No announcement on autopsies by RCMP. I don't believe they will address public until formal identification of bodies is 100% complete.

Last update on this case from BC RCMP:

BCRCMP‏Verified account @BCRCMP
#NorthDistrict #DeaseLake #NorthernRockies - BC RCMP announce update in the ongoing northern BC homicide investigations http://bit.ly/2GU4Mvk

EBZ_kMDUYAAn6SD.jpg

5:05 PM - 7 Aug 2019 PT
I’m not feeling that confident on an update today.

What are the bugs in BC like?
Depends where you live, in northern BC there are a lot of mosquitos, black flies etc.
I've little doubt that Kennedy Deese (Chynna's sister) was being hounded by media for a response to snippets of AS "60 Minutes AUS" interview circulating when she made her public FB post early Saturday morning.

I'm not even sure she saw his interview, as her reference appeared to be his book "Red Flagged."

I'm sorry every one of the families are not able to grieve in peace. I don't know how they can talk to anyone at this time. Wishing them peace and healing.
I agree, when I scrolled down her page after reading her statement, she was pretty angry at the NC Charlotte Post? news reporters hovering around her sister's funeral.

What good is money?

Your question was in response to money available through Victim's Services. Our municipality has it's own Victim's Services fund and volunteer group. There's not a lot of money there, but they will assist you so you don't starve or freeze outside in the dark. Tourists can access it. Actually it's mostly used for tourists who get into vehicle accidents since crime is pretty rare in these parts.

I think it's a great thing to help with immediate needs.

As I said earlier, Chynna’s family has EVERY right to respond as they see fit to whatever they see fit to respond to. Every emotion is understandable. This horrible loss and the ongoing circumstances were and are forced on them. Hopefully sharing their experience of the things that are falling before them will be helpful not only to them but to others who are suffering and seeking a way through.

If her statement was made in some other time and some other place in a context other than the terrible loss of a loved one though, I would find it lacked insight and knowledge. I’d certainly be rolling my eyes by the time I got to “courage”. In my experience people greatly overestimate their own agency in the way their lives unfold. As if they independently conjure up all their positive characteristics and fortunate circumstances through the sheer force of their own choices and will. They credit themselves for all kinds of things that have nothing to do with anything they actually did. We are overwhelmingly a product of the genetic hand we are dealt at birth, an environment we can’t yet dictate for many years of our lives, and experiences that we do not choose. In short, if Kennedy Deese had been born with AS’s precise genetic makeup, and had his precise experiences, she’d be him. She’s not better than him, or more courageous, or more resourceful because she’s done something magnificent. She’s just different from him, and until recent weeks, maybe a lot luckier.

I didn’t get the impression CDs sister thought she was better than him at all. I thought her writing was intended to be inspirational and purposeful, intentionally directed toward AS. I hope he seeks the help he requires and is able to move forward in a positive way.

Watching CBC News Network - saying they are still awaiting news from BC RCMP of a "possible press conference", "perhaps today." Given that it's already 12:30 here in BC and they'd need to give journalists some lead time for a press conference, would not be surprised if we don't hear anything today.

Also this tweet from a National Post correspondent: Tyler Dawson on Twitter

"Query: Has any reporter, in the entire country, managed to get ahold of the B.C. RCMP for any information, at all, about when they're going to update the public on the autopsies of the bodies believed to be Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky?"

I know that some people still trying to figure this out even though the COD has not been disclosed, but creative scenarios that like this really should not be put into print. I think the family has suffered far too much for us to give them more cause for sorrow.

And yet so many are quick to write that the young men are guilty of 3 murders, in the absence of any published evidence.

And yet so many are quick to write that the young men are guilty of 3 murders, in the absence of any published evidence.

People are quick to write that they believe these two are guilty of all three murderers, which is by no means a stretch.

RCMP believes that to be the case.

We all want to know what the evidence is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member