Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kam may have also lost a fair amount of weight in his face in the past few years. Most of the pics of him are undated, but he has a fuller face in them than he does in the surveillance footage. Not that he looks overweight or obese, but his face is rounder-shaped. His face looks considerably thinner and really angular in the surveillance footage.

100% agree Zella! I also assumed that the pictures his family supplied must have been old because his face looks fuller.

Now that you mention it, Millard and Smich are perfect example of a male duo who had no reason to murder. Until the evidence was heard during the trial of TB, Millard appeared to be a “good boy” who was set up, particularly according to his mother.

Last edited:
100% agree Zella! I also assumed that the pictures his family supplied must have been old because his face looks fuller.
Yeah I agree. I think the one first supplied when he was missing must be the oldest. His front teeth are crooked, but they are straight elsewhere. Wondered if that one was just a favorite of his parents--it's a good picture of him and I could certainly see why they might be fond of it--and that's why they used it. MOO

I also get the impression he maybe didn't like having his picture taken. On his social media accounts, he didn't seem to upload pictures of himself from what I could find. His profile pictures are always artwork and not himself. I do that myself on social media. MOO

I had to put images of his face side-by-side to confirm it, and it really is quite noticeable when you're looking at several pictures of him in a row as opposed to isolated pictures in articles. MOO

All photos from MSM.
1st pic: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/teens-manhunt-homicides-mcleod-schmegelsky-1.5222515
2nd pic: Canadian teen murder suspects killed themselves with guns, police reveal
3rd pic: If you ‘inadvertently’ helped two suspected killers escape, please come forward, RCMP urge
4th pic: Police converging on suspected killers in Manitoba, although the pair could be moving east
5th pic: personal screenshot from this Vancouver Sun YouYube video of the store surveillance footage,
Wow, thanks for this! In the first and the graduation picture, he looks so young (yet the graduation was only from last year, right?). Not as young in the others though ... could the big difference in the surveillance video be the camera images though? Eh, maybe not. Its just a noticeable change. I guess he aged on his joy ride. Hard to tell if the teeth were fixed though, that crooked tooth was kind of slight anyway.

Wow, thanks for this! In the first and the graduation picture, he looks so young (yet the graduation was only from last year, right?). Not as young in the others though ... could the big difference in the surveillance video be the camera images though? Eh, maybe not. Its just a noticeable change. I guess he aged on his joy ride. Hard to tell if the teeth were fixed though, that crooked tooth was kind of slight anyway.
Yeah the only dates we have for any of those pictures is the graduation picture is from last year and the surveillance footage was from last month.

Yeah I would be interested in hearing what others think on the tooth issue. They looked noticeably crooked to me, but his head is also at an angle. MOO

Yeah the only dates we have for any of those pictures is the graduation picture is from last year and the surveillance footage was from last month.

Yeah I would be interested in hearing what others think on the tooth issue. They looked noticeably crooked to me, but his head is also at an angle. MOO

Not sure this is off topic, but he might've had braces. If his folks had an extended health plan they're mostly covered to get depending on the plan. I haven't seen any pics with him with braces though.

The Co-Op footage gave me the vibe of; "I've been driving for hours, I'm tired, we need to stop for a half hour or so and stretch/casual walk but also we need some supplies, but we're not thinking entirely clearly. Are we forgetting something? We also need to watch our spending, let's do some window shopping." I also get the impression they are hundreds of miles from home in a small town neither have probably ever even heard of and maybe even feeling a little lost. But also; "No one here has any idea who we are." Like I've said before, quite apathetic and passive looking. What's more, I really hope we get an idea of what kind of equipment they had with them when they parted ways with the RAV. This infamous sleeping bag? A tent? I suspect they didn't have hiking packs but maybe just basic backpacks? I have this feeling they didn't have a tent because of the camper but then after they were on the run they realized they now may need one. RAV's aren't that big. I'm 6'3, same build as a Kam and I know I absolutely could not sleep in one comfortably with gear on top of that. Then I get this feeling they were putting so much of their cash into gas and food that they may not have been able to afford a tent? I guess you can get a good basic tent for fairly cheap but your options are limited at brick and mortar stores vs say Amazon or eBay.

Not sure this is off topic, but he might've had braces. If his folks had an extended health plan they're mostly covered to get depending on the plan. I haven't seen any pics with him with braces though.
I wondered about braces, too, though I've never seen pics of him with them. If he did have braces, it might explain his lack of pictures if he was really self-conscious about it. MOO

The Co-Op footage gave me the vibe of; "I've been driving for hours, I'm tired, we need to stop for a half hour or so and stretch/casual walk but also we need some supplies, but we're not thinking entirely clearly. Are we forgetting something? We also need to watch our spending, let's do some window shopping." I also get the impression they are hundreds of miles from home in a small town neither have probably ever even heard of and maybe even feeling a little lost. But also; "No one here has any idea who we are." Like I've said before, quite apathetic and passive looking. What's more, I really hope we get an idea of what kind of equipment they had with them when they parted ways with the RAV. This infamous sleeping bag? A tent? I suspect they didn't have hiking packs but maybe just basic backpacks? I have this feeling they didn't have a tent because of the camper but then after they were on the run they realized they now may need one. RAV's aren't that big. I'm 6'3, same build as a Kam and I know I absolutely could not sleep in one comfortably with gear on top of that. Then I get this feeling they were putting so much of their cash into gas and food that they may not have been able to afford a tent? I guess you can get a good basic tent for fairly cheap but your options are limited at brick and mortar stores vs say Amazon or eBay.
I think that all makes a lot of sense, especially the surveillance store vibe. Do you think Kam's odd gait in the footage might be because his legs were cramping/uncomfortable from driving? They drove a lot of miles in a short amount of time. I'm thinking stops were minimal.

MOO

I was wondering if there would be anything released before the long weekend.

Me too! I go back and forth on whether they're going to drop the report on Friday or take advantage of the long weekend to keep working on it.

My feeling is, it's probably going to be released late next week.

I think that all makes a lot of sense, especially the surveillance store vibe. Do you think Kam's odd gait in the footage might be because his legs were cramping/uncomfortable from driving? They drove a lot of miles in a short amount of time. I'm thinking stops were minimal.

MOO

I think it's because they were wearing boots. It could have been leg cramps also though.

I thought it was just his left (HIS left side) front tooth that was off kilter. I didn't notice any others. Even with the crooked tooth, he had a nice smile.

All of this does make sense given the way they were walking around .... looking, but not really looking. Likely exhausted, minds on overload, unable to make decisions on what they might need. And I couldn't even imagine those two squeezed into that RAV to sleep but, then again, I suppose that was the least of their problems. JMO

I thought it was just his left (HIS left side) front tooth that was off kilter. I didn't notice any others. Even with the crooked tooth, he had a nice smile.
Hmm yeah for some reason I thought it was both, but looking back now, it is really just that left one.

He did have a nice smile. That was the first thing I actually noticed when they were declared missing. The neighbor who talks about Bryer staying at her house also commented on Kam's smile in an interview. (RCMP continue search for suspects in three B.C. slayings)

Hmm yeah for some reason I thought it was both, but looking back now, it is really just that left one.

He did have a nice smile. That was the first thing I actually noticed when they were declared missing. The neighbor who talks about Bryer staying at her house also commented on Kam's smile in an interview. (RCMP continue search for suspects in three B.C. slayings)
You know, it brings it home again how horribly sad all of this is. Just so hard to wrap your mind around ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop