CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rail line route (source Wikipedia)
Winnipeg–Churchill train - Wikipedia

Spur line past Thompson seems to be Spirit Lake. Gillam is at bottom of next 'lake',after which rail line follows PR290 along the Nelson River (where RAV was found). Not sure how close to the road the rail line was at that point, but main roads often follow the rail line in remote areas.

600px-VIA_Winnipeg-Churchill.svg.png

If you are going to hop a train, you'd wan't to know where it is going. Not sure why they'd change their MO at this point.

Only reason I can think of to change their MO is being forced to: Once in Gillam, they run low on both real estate and viable options.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...soggy-land-gillam-fox-lake-homicide-1.5224347

The harsh northern Manitoba terrain where police are looking for two fugitives wanted in connection with the deaths of three people in British Columbia will spit out anybody who is unprepared, people with knowledge of the area say.

The bush is thick and the land is swampy and teeming with insects, they say of the wooded area around Gillam, Man.

"If you don't have the means to be in there," said William Hunter, who once battled forest fires in the unforgiving landscape, "you're not going to make it."

Drones are up in the hunt too. If they are still there, this will be done soon. Sometimes get polar bears in the area too.

Last edited:
There are a lot of crazy theories being floated here..

Not sure where you all are from but..

I’m an Ontario native and have driven across the country twice. They are in absolute no man’s land. Northern Manitoba and the prairies are even more desolate than other parts of the country because the winters are savage.

There are CCTV cameras set up all across the country on major routes and even some minor ones. You can find them by searching 511 + the province you are looking for.

I highly doubt they made it out of Gillam by someway other than foot.

Train? CN freight workers look out for stowaways on a daily basis, usually when they are passing each other. The RCMP would have ordered any train dead on the tracks if they felt this was an option.

VIA rail cars have CCTV, as do all the stations.

These kids are in the bush.

Rail line route (source Wikipedia)
Winnipeg–Churchill train - Wikipedia

Spur line past Thompson seems to be Spirit Lake. Gillam is at bottom of next 'lake',after which rail line follows PR290 along the Nelson River (where RAV was found). Not sure how close to the road the rail line was at that point, but main roads often follow the rail line in remote areas.

600px-VIA_Winnipeg-Churchill.svg.png

Rail line runs straight through Fox Creek First Nation where the vehicle was found burned out on Monday. From there, the line heads due north to Churchill.

No idea as to how far out in the bush the vehicle was when torched, but the locals seemed to be on top of it pretty quickly judging by the photo they got of it in flames. Suspect it wasn't that far out into the bush. This whole region is actually well out into and qualifies as bush. But I mean "bush" as in outside of town.

The other problem these two would encounter with ViaRail is providing ID. And I just can’t imagine wanted teens risking capture by travelling all the way from BC to northern Manitoba, then taking a train to anywhere. If they wanted to go to Winnipeg why didn’t they just drive there instead of Gillam?

If they didn’t know where they were headed, they fled out of panic without a plan. By now they’re probably broke and have no access to stolen debit or credit cards.

I take Via Rail all the time and they never check ID oddly. I suppose they could use different names when purchasing online and usually they just scan your ticket ( phone or paper) when you are on the train.

There are a lot of crazy theories being floated here..

Not sure where you all are from but..

I’m an Ontario native and have driven across the country twice. They are in absolute no man’s land. Northern Manitoba and the prairies are even more desolate than other parts of the country because the winters are savage.

There are CCTV cameras set up all across the country on major routes and even some minor ones. You can find them by searching 511 + the province you are looking for.

I highly doubt they made it out of Gillam by someway other than foot.

Train? CN freight workers look out for stowaways on a daily basis, usually when they are passing each other. The RCMP would have ordered any train dead on the tracks if they felt this was an option.

VIA rail cars have CCTV, as do all the stations.

These kids are in the bush.

They may very well be in the bush. But, the vehicle was torched there Monday night. They weren't linked to it until Tuesday evening - if they managed to snag a ride, or a train before anyone was looking for them in that area they may very well be out. They had a day head start.

VIA is a rule out already as the service only runs 2 days a week there and they were being looked for by the time the next VIA happened into town after the car-torching.

Some of us here are Canadian and grasp the concept of bush. Some are from elsewhere where it's a little more harder to comprehend a 1200km journey as being "a day trip". lol

Or, given the start they had before linkage was made on Tuesday, they managed to get out.
Thats what I think. These guys have been moving quickly. From Gillam its roughly 30 hours to Toronto, So they could have been here before the connection was even made. I think a lot of what will happen will be determined by whether the have or haven't crossed the border in to Ontario. Seem the only route it by the Trans Canada highway, so it would be an obvious place to set up a road block. So if they got by that point before the connection was made, they could be anywhere. If not, they are likely in the Winnipeg area.

Or, given the start they had before linkage was made on Tuesday, they managed to get out.
They certainly had time to get out before everything ramped up there.

And yet, the RCMP seem to be pumping a lot of resources into the area and the local awareness must be at 100%...and two and a half days after the RAV4 was found burning there have been no further sightings, no reported gas or food purchases and no reported stolen vehicles made public for people to watch out.

I’m leaning toward the desperate flight into the woods theory more and more. And I’ve been in similar territory canoeing and the flies are more intense than people can imagine. The sound of them alone outside my tent at night kept me up and drove me crazy!

They may very well be in the bush. But, the vehicle was torched there Monday night. They weren't linked to it until Tuesday evening - if they managed to snag a ride, or a train before anyone was looking for them in that area they may very well be out. They had a day head start.

VIA is a rule out already as the service only runs 2 days a week there and they were being looked for by the time the next VIA happened into town after the car-torching.

Some of us here are Canadian and grasp the concept of bush. Some are from elsewhere where it's a little more harder to comprehend a 1200km journey as being "a day trip". lol

They would have had to stop for gas somewhere eventually. There would be reports and an update on their location.

You can’t get far on one tank of gas out of Gillam.

I wasn't really following this case intensely until they started talking about how they're moving eastward, made it already to Manitoba, and now the father of one of the boys was selling out his son as wanting to go out in a 'blaze of glory'. All strange that they are already 'charged' but what evidence do they have? What was the significance of the vehicle that was found burned out in Manitoba? I will have to scroll through all the comments here, but as far as I can tell, it wasn't tied to any of their victims, so where did they get it? And they've been ghosts since around the time they were reported missing, but they do have a social media presence. You'd think that they would write something somewhere, even send a note to a friend or family to say they were okay. Or brag about what they've done.
How were they connected to the couple that was murdered? Was their surveillance footage of them interacting? I remember that someone claimed they saw a bearded man in the middle of the road confronting the couple about something, not sure if that was Kam McLeod or deceased Leonard Dyck.

Not really sure what their reason would be to go in to the bush? On Monday morning I don't think anybody suspected they were in Manitoba, so its not like they were desperate at that point. However, they were likely aware on Monday, through radio reports, that the RAV4 was being sought. I have not doubt that they simply switched vehicle and continued on. By the time the RAV4 was discovered they could easily have been 2000km away.

Thats what I think. These guys have been moving quickly. From Gillam its roughly 30 hours to Toronto, So they could have been here before the connection was even made. I think a lot of what will happen will be determined by whether the have or haven't crossed the border in to Ontario. Seem the only route it by the Trans Canada highway, so it would be an obvious place to set up a road block. So if they got by that point before the connection was made, they could be anywhere. If not, they are likely in the Winnipeg area.
I agree with those that think the 24 hrs. headstart they had to get out of Gillam area is
reason why our US national news quoted RMCP on Tuesday evening. "they could be
anywhere in Canada."
Unless we're not being told of new sightings,
it doesn't seem LE really knows at this time.

Armoured vehicle was sent to Thompson yesterday. RCMP logo on the side. I saw pictures of it being unloaded off the flatbed. "Look what just rolled into town." VERIFIED. This person (Thompson resident) said police were checking trains in Thompson as soon as they found the Toyota. No ID needed to get on the train.

Latest LOCAL GOSSIP RUMOUR is they were spotted elsewhere much further south, but if they are there, why would the RCMP be sending their resources up north? Too speculative/unverified... Therefore, I am not posting the place named.

Last edited:
They would have had to stop for gas somewhere eventually. There would be reports and an update on their location.

You can’t get far on one tank of gas out of Gillam.
Just a theory, but I believe that these guys are taking the debit cards, credit cards and cash of their victims. I would imagine that the AUS and AMR couple had a fair amount of cash on them as foreign ATMs aren't always compatible. The bearded guy obviously had his wallet taken because cops took a while to figure out who he was. Plus, they've made it from BC to Manitoba without a problem. My guess is at some point they are going to find a dead guy in Gillam whose car and wallet are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313