CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much for the insight. I have a question about the gun or guns. It’s possible that one or both of them had a license, although in Bryer’s case if he had one he managed to get it without his father knowing. It’s also possible, at least in McLeod’s case, that he got/took a gun from a relative.

But here’s my question, if you or your kids have a feel for the answer. How easy or hard is it for kids like this in that area to purchase a stolen gun and ammunition?
I am totally in the dark about guns. We have horses and sheep but I would never have a gun here. It's not something that ever occurs to my kids either although they are a little more paranoid than I am. My guess is it came from one of their homes. There are courses you have to take to get guns here (PAL) and there is a waiting time. I am sure it could happen but i haven't heard of anyone buying stolen guns or ammo around here.

Just trying to get in their heads.You kill a couple at night on a deserted highway, as well as another man,in order to switch vehicles.Why burn your vehicle?You have no witnesses , all your gear is in your camper.Why switch vehicles at all?Just carry on and blend in the next day with all the other traffic ,in another location.No one would suspect them or have any reason to be looking for them.

They thought like that for a few days, then considered the possibility that their red truck would be on multiple CCTV on same hwy and timeframe the couple was murdered.

the first interview i saw he didn't say much
another interview i watched today he said a lot more, including saying the bodies were both pointing north and describing the injuries to both people

In the initial interview he said that they were in identical positions, 5 meters apart, and cold when he arrived.

Do you have a link to the video where he describes the injuries to the 2 victims?

lucas was shot in the gut which is close to instant death if you can't get help and Chynna was shot through the jaw through the side of her face

not confirmed but i gleaned this from interviews the road worker did the shot to Chynna's face is probably why they can't have an open casket but it might be possible for lucas
Oh okay well that makes sense.
I watched a video of the man talking about their death positions but parts of it was chopped out. So I couldn't understand exactly.... your information is quite helpful thank you.
Being shot in the guts is not a great way to go.... it can be a slow painful death. Hopefully it wasn't in they didn't suffer.

the first interview i saw he didn't say much
another interview i watched today he said a lot more, including saying the bodies were both pointing north and describing the injuries to both people
He never mention the injuries to Chynna...I always wondered about that. He described the bodies pointing north and their heads to the west. Chynna was closest to the van and Lucas was a bit further north in the ditch. He said there was a small hole on Lucas but wasn’t sure what it was. Iirc

In the initial interview he said that they were in identical positions, 5 meters apart, and cold when he arrived.

Do you have a link to the video where he describes the injuries to the 2 victims?

theres so many links in this thread but i'll do my best
it seems its a new interview or a long cut or a different cut but he also describes what his boss told him about the third person and the car etc

He never mention the injuries to Chynna..

go back and watch and watch what he is showing you. he is describing with his hand, he says something like " and the female, he points to his jaw and shows like an outward motion" pretty sure he is trying to be respectful but he is describing a gunshot wound to her face

I am totally in the dark about guns. We have horses and sheep but I would never have a gun here. It's not something that ever occurs to my kids either although they are a little more paranoid than I am. My guess is it came from one of their homes. There are courses you have to take to get guns here (PAL) and there is a waiting time. I am sure it could happen but i haven't heard of anyone buying stolen guns or ammo around here.

Thanks. Consistent with what you’re saying, my brother in Victoria told me today that stolen guns were improbable.

At this point, I think that the most likely scenario is that McLeod had a gun license (PAL) or managed to get a gun plus ammunition from a relative, probably without permission.

In either case, the RCMP know by now what gun or guns and ammunition they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they possibly switched vehicles and destroyed their camper/truck because LE and other alerts were out for them as missing at that time. They knew they were "a whole lot more than just missing.".....moo
Actually, the missing report came out Sunday 21st, two days after they burned the truck. The media had only reported two people dead on the Alaska Highway by the 18th (assuming the last time they were able to pick up news/cell coverage was when they were in Dease Lake on the 18th.)

I think, 3 or 4 days after the murders, they came to some kind of panicked realization that they might be caught and what that would mean to the rest of their lives. I think they were too scared to try to go back hime and pretend nothing happened, or try to get those high paying jobs they'd talked about.

Killing Mr. Dyck, burning the campertruck and stealing his car was the real do or die, go for broke moment, I think

I don't remember road worker describing the injuries to the couple during an interview.

He did describe a small wound in Lucas's side. Subsequently, that interview was clipped. He also described their positions. That was clipped, too. He said they both had one hand under their bodies, they were facing north with their heads pointing west. As previously discussed, Lucas had no shoes and Chynna had one shoe.

I don't know how to follow a thread with out posting a comment so this is why I am posting this sorry.

At the top of this thread, on the right hand side of the page in blue letters is "Watch Thread" . Click on that and follow the popup.

Then, tomorrow when you come back, click on "Watched Threads", which is on the bar directly beneath the Websleuths header.

From there you can "Go to first unread", which takes you to your first unread message.

Or there is another way to find where you left off. At the beginning of each thread in your watched list, is a tiny green-blue dot. If you click on the dot, it will take you right to the place where you left off reading.

If this doesn't make sense, perhaps a techno savy person could provide you with screen shots.

BTW, thank you for not saying "marking my spot". That always conjures up an image of a dog peeing on the thread. :/ jmo

Lots of people on social media here in Canada upset with the "soft edit" these two are getting from the media. Some of the headlines have described these two as "normal boys," "nice kids" "good, caring," etc...the feeling is that Aboriginal youth who've committed far less serious crimes aren't granted the same type of headlines and also because of the Omar Khadr case.

At any rate, I sort of agree and think that it's the victims who deserve respect from the media, not these evil monsters. I feel for the father of Bryer, I truly do, and I can see he's clearly anguished, but I don't care about whatever Bryer's sob story is either - obviously it's no excuse to go on a murderous rampage.

e did describe a small wound in Lucas's side. Subsequently, that interview was clipped. He also described their positions. That was clipped, too. He said they both had one hand under their bodies, they were facing north with their heads pointing west. As previously discussed, Lucas had no shoes and Chynna had one shoe.

ok there is a longer version i'll track it down and post it when i find it.

This is kind of ironic. Canadian Ukrainians who left during or after the war hated the Soviet Union with a passion. They were major players in the Free Ukraine movement. Growing up, this kid couldn’t have had any sense of his heritage to be pro-Russian/pro-Putin. I guess, as his father says, he got it into his head that he was Russian rather than Ukrainian :)

Not uncommon for custodial parents to get the other parents' ethnicity wrong. Or to fudge it. Or for a person in the kid's situation to choose the more glamorous ethnicity (in fact, that's really common, kids like to fantasize about the absent parent and give them traits they enjoy researching and thinking about; in my case, my parents didn't like my father's ethnicity so they morphed it into something else).

He did describe a small wound in Lucas's side. Subsequently, that interview was clipped. He also described their positions. That was clipped, too. He said they both had one hand under their bodies, they were facing north with their heads pointing west. As previously discussed, Lucas had no shoes and Chynna had one shoe.

Exactly, but I have not seen any reports related to the injuries to any of the three victims.

theres so many links in this thread but i'll do my best
it seems its a new interview or a long cut or a different cut but he also describes what his boss told him about the third person and the car etc
Yeah there was one video where he was quite detailed about things. And then that video was done again but pieces were sliced out.
I also saw a picture of them laying in the ditch beside the van but Chynna & Lucas was abit blurred out and that was from Gray Hughes videos.

The bodies were positioned pretty much the same with their one hand underneath their belly as they were laying face down. And the other hand arm was outstretched. Almost like they were position that way.
What's still I don't understand is why the back window of the van was smashed out from the inside to the outside.

They like to think they are writing their own script, they don't want to copy cat anyone.

Phase 1 of this adventure: They didn't exactly plan to be spree killers, they joked about it (but I believe one of them had a plan all along). However, they planned as if they were spree killers. In adolescents, this is not really considered abnormal thinking or "play" but it can deepen.

Phase 2: They planned an actual crime (with out much real attention to detail). They were going to rob someone with camping supplies, probably targeted lonely turn-outs, found the couple in the van. One of them opened fire - for thrills, to do it, to be really badass, to impress his friend, to be as crazy as possible. (Watch something like Murder Mountain for a look at people who drift off in this outlaw direction - although in that film, the badasses are ones who managed to survive their teens by quite a bit).

Phase 3. From that point on, they knew they were "dead men" and had now entered a new reality, similar to leveling up in a game. Whether they have the survival skills to stay alive off the grid...as opposed to just dying out in the north...we may not know for a while.

One of them might break off from the other. They may get a second wind (but I'm guessing that the "high" of their initial spree has left them exhausted, the bugs are getting to them, not having showers/toilets - and not having computer access - is all getting to them. If they remain relatively exhausted and lost, that may become their new "survival gaming."

I think a lot of this post could be spot on. The one part I take issue with is the thought that one might break off from the other. I just don't see that happening. They have been inseparable friends since elementary school, and I think odds are that they each may be the other's only real life friend. I see them in this together, for the duration, and I see them going down together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member