CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think charging them with LD death while still so freshly on the run was a mistake. I’m sure that would add a level of panic and reinforce with them that they can’t get caught, plus what was the benefit? It’s not like they weren’t going to be arrested without having outstanding charges and Canadians are used to our somewhat slower process...

I think charging them with LD death while still so freshly on the run was a mistake. I’m sure that would add a level of panic and reinforce with them that they can’t get caught, plus what was the benefit? It’s not like they weren’t going to be arrested without having outstanding charges and Canadians are used to our somewhat slower process...
Charging them gives LE grounds to issue a Canada wide warrant for their arrest. The LE also obviously had ground to charge them in the LD case, so why would they hold back?

Charging them gives LE grounds to issue a Canada wide warrant for their arrest. The LE also obviously had ground to charge them in the LD case, so why would they hold back?
I assumed them being suspects in 3 murders would also give them grounds to be arrested anywhere in Canada wouldn’t it? I feel like the only urgency it added was to BS & KM and not getting caught - making them more desperate and an even bigger threat to the public.

This may have been discussed, but if the idea of acting out a video game and seeking out a dam is correct, why wouldn't they go to the WAC Bennett Dam near Hudson's Hope, rather than heading to Gillam? Or the Site C dam under construction near Fort St. John? Both of these would be more convenient.

Another thought, if they had a fascination for dams, they could have gone to the Bennett Dam, then followed Chynna and Lucas from the time they left the ranch.

I think they went to Gillam for another reason, like familiarity and family connections to the place. MOO.

Did LE ever say how they got the RAV 4? They said no vehicles where stole from the area.

Wondering if they got a RAV 4, they are able to get any vehicle.

Wonder if their are checking this cell phones for pings.

Not saying y'all are barking up the wrong tree per se but I dont think theres much to the drug angle

-theres only ever the single reference to either of them doing drugs. Snorting ritalin off a hitler knife. That seems designed to shock or impress, to me. its no about the drugs per se. just like the knife isnt really about the knife.
-said in various media they didnt have any drug problems. Obvs that could be from parents or people who wouldnt necessarily know, but nothing seems to indicate they were regularly using anything, or have anytime recently. Besides perhaps BS asking about the "dry" sign at a truck stop.
-Im not from canada, but I am from northern USA in a place seems similar to port alberni, aging industry, economically depressed, rural areas nearby etc. Anyway in alot of places like that teens will experiment with drugs, perhaps especially prescriptions, and its really no big deal. people dont think of them having drug issues, they dont think of themselves as having them, and alot of times they dont go on to regularly abuse drugs.
thats a lil less common in the middle class, but in both poorer or richer strata its normalized and nbd really, and it seems like neither BS or KM were 'middle class' even if from different sides. (could be wrong about BS but seemed working class family, and as discussed KM certainly comes from money)

Last edited:
My son is an avid gamer, and bush smart. There is no way he would leave his gaming and internet connection for more than a few days without going through withdrawal personally I dont think they went with the intention to kill. The computer left in the burnt out camper makes me wonder if they left it behind intact, im assuming because they were gamers it wasnt just your typical desktop computer. My hunch is they pulled the harddrive and took it with them

At the moment I'm starting to believe they committed suicide in the bush and may never be found. The 3 murders were apart of their way 'of going out.' Their legacy. Maybe they did try to get work but were unsuccessful (Has anybody confirmed that these 2 applied/approached them for work?) and decided with their future not looking great they ended it while also making sure that people would know their name.

OR

They've been planning this for months even years. did extensive research (There is guides for just about anything on the internet - how to survive in the wilderness, how to evade LE capture etc.) They shouldn't be underestimated if this is the case even with probably lack of experience they may have a lot of knowledge about this and are smarter than everyone thinks. I also think it's very possible they have a wide network of people helping them out. I don't know if they played games with a lot of people or if it was just a small group of their friends I would be very interested in this.

Either way I hope there's a conclusion to this very soon for the suspects' and victims' families it must be hell for the both of them

I don't think they're dead by suicide or bush misadventure.

I think they're holed up somewhere planning their next move. Their next vehicle.

First of all, they really do need a vehicle, so either there is a stolen vehicle LE just hasn't figured out yet, or there is another missing person and missing vehicle still out there. They might have learned that it works best if you make better attempts to conceal the body.

I don't think they've been holed up with hostages for the last 4 days. That demands a lot of attention and is horribly stress-inducing.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they were getting some assistance or advise from the dark web.

So the basics for them right now: internet, coffee, food, alcohol, shelter, vehicle, fuel.

Good morning everyone...I see 40+ pages of comments to catch up on again.

If that sighting of them hitching in both directions at the same time reported in The Globe is true, yet another chilling aspect to this thing. Poor LD ambushed.

Could it have happened again in Manitoba? Could they have taken a body or hidden it very, very well several hundred km down the road?

Any one with more current experience in the North than I, how common is it for someone travelling/working up there to go off the grid for five days? Everyone I know who works in remote northern Alberta or NWT has a sat phone and checks in every day or two...

Does Canadian law have any rules about charging people within X amount of time? Even if they didn’t have the boys in physical custody, do they still have to formally file charges within a certain timeframe of the investigation? <modsnip> :D:p

Last edited by a moderator:
They can use Google Maps to trace a possible route from Dease Lake to the remote town of Gillam in Manitoba that would have taken Schmegelsky and McLeod through Saskatchewan's Meadow Lake, where they were caught on camera.

They can email tips to police, discuss theories of crime in online forums and — in some cases — hope their dashcam footage might have caught the accused as they drove past.

told you guys the media is following this thread haha

From wikipedia:

"Hanlon's razor is a saying that reads: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. In simpler words: some bad things happen not because of people having bad intentions, but because they did not think it through properly."

I believe Hanlon's razor applies. I don't believe for even 1 second that this escapade was pre-planned. As for the lack of further killings, could it be that they are out of bullets, or at least low on them? One can only hope.

I haven't heard any reports during the last few days of the OPP setting up a checkpoint of any sort at the provincial border with Manitoba. Highway 17/TransCanada Highway is the only road that allows passage from Manitoba to Ontario, and if the suspects were traveling by car or other motor vehicle, it's the only way they could continue traveling eastbound.

Yes I was thinking the same exact thing. I’m sure they do get off on the cat and mouse game with LE. But I don’t understand why it’s dragging out...to waste time and resources and prolong the public panic? But you’d think they’d still be wreaking havoc in the meantime. Did they suddenly grow consciences? But then why not just let yourselves get caught by LE. Not to sound callous but if they want to die in a fight with cops what in the world are they waiting for?

And I also thought they’d be dead somewhere many days ago, but then we get these reports of recent sightings. Even if they’re dead now, we know that they wandered around at least a week (I think) after the murders, not committing any other crimes (and least none they’ve done so obviously as to be attributed to them).

The psychology here is bizarre and I can’t figure out what they’re thinking about their end game.

They may simply have burned out.

I have no doubt that the futility of their lives in a place where they didn't fit in, where they were outcasts, where their immediate future consisted of what could be described as dead-end jobs, was not to their liking. But I think they were angry young men ready to take revenge on society for a long time. Those things were just the tipping point. They were becoming adults, and I don't think they wanted to"adult". MOO.

Now they've acted out their rage. Now what?

Forensic psychologists will be busy studying this case for years. Would be nice if these things could be prevented.

At the moment I'm starting to believe they committed suicide in the bush and may never be found. The 3 murders were apart of their way 'of going out.' Their legacy. Maybe they did try to get work but were unsuccessful (Has anybody confirmed that these 2 applied/approached them for work?) and decided with their future not looking great they ended it while also making sure that people would know their name.

OR

They've been planning this for months even years. did extensive research (There is guides for just about anything on the internet - how to survive in the wilderness, how to evade LE capture etc.) They shouldn't be underestimated if this is the case even with probably lack of experience they may have a lot of knowledge about this and are smarter than everyone thinks. I also think it's very possible they have a wide network of people helping them out. I don't know if they played games with a lot of people or if it was just a small group of their friends I would be very interested in this.

Either way I hope there's a conclusion to this very soon for the suspects' and victims' families it must be hell for the both of them
I dont think they were up there long enough to actually look for jobs from the timelines ive looked at

(Has anybody confirmed that these 2 applied/approached them for work?)

I don't think they were ever sincere about "work". What are they going to do in the Yukon? Live in a roughabout camp and cut trees? They'd be so far from the things they love - their computer games and their dark web. They'd be called out in a day by the other guys who need to work. The five weeks at Walmart were only to set up an excuse, and likely pilfer stuff from Walmart for their upcoming Big Trip, and to get gramma or someone to lend them the pickup and camper to get going.

We've calculated they both probably took home ~$875Canadian for there Walmart stint, so it's not like they could buy anything with that. They probably used that all up on burner phones, a weapon and ammo, maybe some fake ID's.

And it's not as if they're going to walk into the Winnipeg RCMP office and declare they've seen the error of their ways.

They knew when they started that there was going to be no going back. And there is no going back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3