CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The RCMP warned a heavy police presence could be expected in the area. They also tried to quell early rumours the suspects had been apprehended.

CBC News (@CBCNews) | Twitter

From the Globe link, this might explain the sound of reported gunfire.

“Mr. Bighetti said police radios weren’t working, so RCMP officers used gun fire as a means of communicating their location.”

From the Globe link, this might explain the sound of reported gunfire.

“Mr. Bighetti said police radios weren’t working, so RCMP officers used gun fire as a means of communicating their location.”

So, this is behind a paywall, but this seems egregiously unprofessional... You don't fire a weapon to communicate. You fire it to kill something. So either the journalist got something wrong, or someone is about to get reprimanded.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...gh-conditions-1.3584684?__vfz=medium=sharebar

Interesting May 2016 news about horrible spring conditions on Route 280 to Gillam, with a photo of the road near Split Lake.

If they indeed went to York Landing, it was probably by the regular ferry, or a private boat with outboard motor.

They may have arranged for the RAV4 to be burned near Fox Lake, to point LE towards the nearby train track, hydro camps, or Churchill or York Factory.

On the other hand, Split Lake and York Landing sightings could be the deception, and they are now somewhere else in that general area.

I don't believe they managed to escape towards Thompson yet, by car or train.

So, this is behind a paywall, but this seems egregiously unprofessional... You don't fire a weapon to communicate. You fire it to kill something. So either the journalist got something wrong, or someone is about to get reprimanded.

Exactly?? This confused me.

1. This will also make known their whereabouts to the suspects
2. If there need to make sound to communicate their location there must certainly be other devices for this, not using their resources which are limited due to the remote location

2. If there need to make sound to communicate their location there must certainly be other devices for this, not using their neresources which are limited

If you register and actually read the article, you may find that there are possibilities that don’t involve the journalist being stupid or the RCMP unprofessional.

Wow, exciting developments .... maybe? Fingers still crossed!!

Wait, really? I thought it didn’t work like that in Canada.

Yes and no. If you live in the north, you have a weapon. Now, a .22 won't do much to a polar bear (why the military still uses the .303 Lee Enflieds from WW2 stock. A 5.56 rd will not stop a bear.

Sitting with one loaded, or sleeping with a shotgun that is not locked-up, is counter to the Firearms Act. A good way to lose your R-PAL.

Wow, exciting developments .... maybe? Fingers still crossed!!

Wait, really? I thought it didn’t work like that in Canada.

This is a community of First Nation People who nationwide are entitled to inherit hunting rights on their land and federal land. In the far north country hunting is still a way of life and means of survival, and has been throughout time.

2. If there need to make sound to communicate their location there must certainly be other devices for this, not using their resources which are limited due to the remote location

It might have been an accidental discharge (AD) either by a resident or maybe an officer - everyone is jumpy right now, for good reason.

As far as we know, no one was shot or hurt. Given the circumstances I'm fine with this explanation if it's a cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18