CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This does not sound like enough manpower at all

I'm told there are currently 16 police officers in the community of York Landing searching - another 20 will be arriving tomorrow to help with manhunt. @9NewsAUS

Alexis Daish on Twitter

It doesn’t, considering how much dense area there is to cover...then again hopefully KM and BS have weakened so that will at least be somewhat of an advantage.
Were they searching through the night? Did the area end up getting storms after all?

Melissa Tait
@meltait

RCMP on the ferry to York Landing from Split Lake, Manitoba. Officers, vehicles - including a boat & three ATVs, left at 7am to aid the search for triple murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod. The only way to York with vehicles is air or boat. #canadamanhunt

EApKgI1XYAEmNPN

Looks like this might progress slowly for logistical reasons (access).

Melissa Tait
@meltait

RCMP on the ferry to York Landing from Split Lake, Manitoba. Officers, vehicles - including a boat & three ATVs, left at 7am to aid the search for triple murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod. The only way to York with vehicles is air or boat. #canadamanhunt

EApKgI1XYAEmNPN

Looks like this might progress slowly for logistical reasons (access).
Yes, Melissa Tait, reporter says AFAIK there
is no cell phone coverage for York Landing,
which will make updates intermittent.
So how will we get updates?

1. Catch a lift or walk the road to Split Lake, then catch the ferry from Split Lake to York Landing (there is no road access).
  2. Walk the bush, possibly along the hydro line if an adequate track has been carved under it for maintenance access (we can't see the ground there to confirm the condition of it). The hydro line crosses over roughly where they dumped the car, and passes south of Gillam and just south of York Landing. This distance is shorter, but rougher. See post #820 for graphics.
  3. ?

Thank you kindly. I am from Australia and when using google maps 200km seemed a long way to travel on foot however someone else has mentioned there is a much shorter /direct route plus other options.

What we know about their journey so far is they quit their jobs at Walmart in Port Alberni on the country’s west coast and made purchases for a 1700km drive to Yukon territory on July 12.

They told family they were looking to make some “real money”. They travelled to Whitehorse, where they contacted relatives before they fell off the radar.

On the night of July 14 or the morning of July 15, police say Schmegelsky and McLeod murdered Mr Fowler and Ms Deese. They dumped the pair’s bodies in a grassy area next to their broken down Chevrolet van.

Police warn locals to ‘stay inside and lock your doors’

Just don't understand what these kids are thinking. Their escape plan makes absolutely no sense at all. I don't get why they chose to burn the RAV4 in Gillam? Especially if they have no replacement vehicle. Why not dump the RAV deep in the woods? Nobody suspected they were anywhere near Manitoba and they could have simply walked out of there. Why haven't they commandeered another vehicle? Possibly they have realized what they have done and no longer want to harm people? Are they out of ammo? Do they not have the means to keep a vehicle on the road for more than a tank of gas? Or are they simply aware that being on the road will eventually get them caught?

RenataDAliesio
The suspects were spotted in Split Lake getting gas last Monday, First Nation safety officers told us yesterday. No report of them taking the ferry. Locals say they could have followed hydro or rail lines.

RCMP Manitoba
Situation is ongoing. All possible RCMP resources continue to be used in the area of York Landing to safely apprehend two individuals matching the description of the suspects. #rcmpmb

Last edited:
regarding what the dump scavengers were wearing (emphasis mine):
“They recognized some of the clothing that was being worn and they immediately called RCMP and let them know they had a potential sighting and the town went into lockdown.” source: RCMP descend on York Landing, Manitoba after B.C. murder suspects potentially spotted by volunteer patrol

"Travis Bighetty, a coordinator of Bear Clan, said he was driving with fellow members Justin Coelho and Danielle McMaster just after 4 p.m. when they spotted two men matching the suspects’ descriptions about 40 yards from them at the dump. One wore a grey sweatshirt and the other wore a camouflage sweatshirt, he said." source: RCMP broaden search for teens wanted in B.C. killings to York Landing, Man.

I've seen a lot of comments in various places saying Mcleod was still wearing the same t-shirt as in Saskatchewan, and that hadn't made sense to me given the temperatures so I went to see what I could find in a news source. It'll be the head-to-toe camo that stands out IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag