Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something isn’t adding up in this Globe article:
Manhunt for B.C. teen fugitives moves on as RCMP end search in Manitoba First Nation

The constables are said to have stopped the car the night before the car was torched. The gas was purchased the Monday at 4 (Also the 22nd).

Was the car torched Monday or Tuesday? I have been thinking it was the Monday. So is it possible the constables and the gas bar are 24 hours apart?

The encounter at the checkpoint occurred mid-afternoon on July 22; by early the following evening, their vehicle was found torched near Fox Lake Cree Nation, about 170 kilometres away northeast.”

“When the Toyota didn’t stop, the two band constables manning the checkpoint hopped in their vehicle and pursued them down a hill with lights on, Ms. Saunders said. The constables pulled the two young men over and informed them that they were supposed to stop at the checkpoint.

“They apologized and said they needed to gas up,” Ms. Saunders said.”

So that must have lead to the Gas bar witness Mon. July 22:
“A cashier at a Split Lake, Man., gas bar believes the pair approached her till on Monday around 4 p.m.” https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5222542

B's father said that B had told him they were going to Alberta to look for work. His grandmother apparently said they were going to the Yukon. Now I know many don't want to take anything the father says as any truth(and I do understand why), but just for a minute, let's say they weren't even going to the Yukon.
There is report that they actually did get to Whitehorse, but from who?

They could have driven from BC to Alberta on July 12, and from Alberta to Yukon on July 14.

They returned from Yukon to BC on July 18, and then from BC to Alberta on July 19.

I was trying to catch up on the last thread before skipping ahead to this one, but ended up skipping over a chunk anyway. But in response to a series of comments I came across in the last thread:

RCMP repeatedly used the word "credible" to describe the sighting. They simply haven't been able to substantiate it whether by scents, footprints, finding a campsite etc. This does not automatically flip the witnesses to the status of liars.

The town wasn't in lockdown at the time of the sighting, it was tense there since they're close enough to the action and there was no RCMP presence. It went into lockdown after RCMP were called in and arrived by air from Gillam.

The two members of Bear Clan who did the patrol were not familiar with the area, its residents or local workers, they themselves are from out of town. They also weren't engaged in a manhunt at the time, but patrolling for peaceful purposes.

Last edited:
I'm kind of curious what people think of this part....

B's father said that B had told him they were going to Alberta to look for work. His grandmother apparently said they were going to the Yukon. Now I know many don't want to take anything the father says as any truth(and I do understand why), but just for a minute, let's say they weren't even going to the Yukon.
There is report that they actually did get to Whitehorse, but from who?

I was asking about this yesterday as well. I don't think there's proof that the public is aware of (maybe LE know different) that they were even in Whitehorse. Personally, I don't think they were going there or got there.

Something isn’t adding up in this Globe article:
Manhunt for B.C. teen fugitives moves on as RCMP end search in Manitoba First Nation

The constables are said to have stopped the car the night before the car was torched. The gas was purchased the Monday at 4 (Also the 22nd).

Was the car torched Monday or Tuesday? I have been thinking it was the Monday. So is it possible the constables and the gas bar are 24 hours apart?

The encounter at the checkpoint occurred mid-afternoon on July 22; by early the following evening, their vehicle was found torched near Fox Lake Cree Nation, about 170 kilometres away northeast.”

“When the Toyota didn’t stop, the two band constables manning the checkpoint hopped in their vehicle and pursued them down a hill with lights on, Ms. Saunders said. The constables pulled the two young men over and informed them that they were supposed to stop at the checkpoint.

“They apologized and said they needed to gas up,” Ms. Saunders said.”

So that must have lead to the Gas bar witness Mon. July 22:
“A cashier at a Split Lake, Man., gas bar believes the pair approached her till on Monday around 4 p.m.” https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5222542
I was quite sure that the witness found the still burning car on Monday, July 22 around 7PM. I have to check all articles and videos.

Monday July 22 evening, according to
Burned-out car found near Gillam, Man. linked to teen suspects in B.C. deaths: RCMP

Last edited:
I'm thinking if they offed themselves, they would have done it loud so it would be known. Just like lighting cars on fire to get their names out there. If suicide was committed by them, they wouldn't have done it quietly.

Ooo boy. I literally just spent 3 hours reading and catching up. My bath water is cold and I'm hungry.

Things I mulled over today while at work:

Is there any sort of confirmation about who was murdered first? LD or the couple?

It is insane how little information we have on KM. These threads are rife with speculation about BS but almost no one speaks of Kam. I understand his family has been mostly silent except for their statement about him being kind and caring. I think we all have a general picture of the lack of stability in BS life but I really want to know more about KM.

So far it seems they have the ultimate bromance, and murdering someone certainly would bond you to another in a very sick way.

If this was not premeditated, they have at the very least discussed such acts before, maybe the desire to commit them. You dont just randomly kill someone on a road trip with your buddy and hope theyll be cool with it.

It's very possible KM had a gun, not uncommon for young teens to get their PALS, given the lack of information on him we cannot be sure. It would not be hard to steal one from the family gun cabinet and not be detected (if it wasnt often checked by say his father).

Also interesting there has not really been that many people who are giving statements of character of the guys. A couple, for sure, maybe they really did keep to themselves. But no coworkers from walmart, not many school mates saying much.

I read in a post about BS dad that BS birthday is August 4th (the day his father claims he was arrested on his own sons birthday). I am curious if him turning 19 will change the way he is tried, considering the grisly parts of his supposed crimes (I do think they are guilty, though how far their involvement in all 3 murders go I am unsure) occured before his 19th birthday.

I was sad to find out this was not solved by the time I was done work. There are way too many scenarios that could be possible and now I dont know what to think. I just hope they are caught alive and every one can rest easy, and most importantly the family gains closure.

MOO

I was quite sure that the witness found the still burning car on Monday, July 22 around 7PM. I have to check all articles and videos.

Thanks! I’m pretty sure burning car was the Monday too but I am worn out and bouncing around articles that I can’t get this straight!

It’s just odd that the emphasis in the article was the constables stopping the guys the night before the fire.

I was trying to catch up on the last thread before skipping ahead to this one, but ended up skipping over a chunk anyway. But in response to a series of comments I came across in the last thread:

RCMP repeatedly used the word "credible" to describe the sighting. They simply haven't been able to substantiate it whether by scents, footprints, finding a campsite etc. This does not automatically flip the witnesses to the status of liars.

The town wasn't in lockdown at the time of the sighting, it was tense there since they're close enough to the action and there was no RCMP presence. It went into lockdown after RCMP were called in and arrived by air from Gillam.

The two members of Bear Clan who did the patrol were not familiar with the area or its residents, they themselves are from out of town and were there to help allay tension. They also weren't engaged in a manhunt at the time, but patrolling for peaceful purposes.
I don't recall anyone making the accusation that the people involved had not told the truth about what they had seen.

While it would be optimal to be able to substantiate the sighting with scents, footprints, etc., just because the RCMP couldn't do this doesn't mean the event didn't happen as described by the people on the scene.

IMO the Bear Clan were put into a difficult position for their first job out of their home territory. The situation was tense and the area residents were frightened. In interviews the people involved on patrol appeared committed to the task at hand and honest in their willingness to undertake a difficult and possibly dangerous task unarmed. Did they see 2 individuals at the dump? I'm inclined to believe them but I'm not 100% certain it was the 2 suspects in this case unfortunately!

A tip is a tip and what happened over the last 24 hrs was based on a credible tip per the RCMP. The fact that the tip which appeared credible wasn't able to be converted into a capture of the 2 suspects by the RCMP isn't the fault of the person that provided the tip. Some tips pan out and others do not.

“A former police officer is questioning why RCMP waited four days to reveal it was investigating a double homicide in British Columbia that would later turn into a cross-Canada hunt for a pair of men suspected of killing three people along remote northern highways.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/police-privacy-public-homicide-1.5227535

They didn’t require the names of Fowler and Deese to put out a warning to travellers that they needed to be cautious.

This part from the article, they completely ignore that people became interested because it was realized HOW they died, because realistically it was much more than a “suspicious death”.
It wasn't until Friday, July 19, after Australian police announced the names of the victims, that RCMP distributed descriptions and photos of the pair.

And according to RCMP Sgt. Janelle Shoiet, that's when public information started to flow in.

"It wasn't until they were identified that people seemed to take interest," Shoiet said.

BBM
:eek::eek::eek: I hadn't realized his birthday was the day before mine. I sincerely hope this is wrapped up before either of us have our next birthday.
Obama's birthday is Aug 4. Bryer probably knew, if he checked famous people born on his birthday.

“A former police officer is questioning why RCMP waited four days to reveal it was investigating a double homicide in British Columbia that would later turn into a cross-Canada hunt for a pair of men suspected of killing three people along remote northern highways.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/police-privacy-public-homicide-1.5227535
This took a week for him to figure out and speak to the press about? Really?

No wonder RCMP are having issues finding these 2 suspects!

Last edited:
Purely opinion:

Personally, I do think they've been in York Landing. Perhaps they got spooked by being stopped and searched at Split Lake. Perhaps they thought they'd been rumbled at that point and that's why they performed the very video game dramatic gesture of torching the vehicle a few hours up the road. Perhaps, buying just $20 gas, they always intended to do that. Then they had all Monday night to walk the train line back westward, passing south of Gillam. By the time helicopters and planes started flying in Gillam the next day, they may even have been out of the net. Rain washed scent away. Then the mistake of taking the hydro line branching off to York Landing, leaving them stuck on the waterways there instead of plugging straight westward like they might have hoped they would. But again rain washing the scent away just at the lucky moment, and wind sending the helicopter/s back to base.

That's my thoughts until anything changes, sighting-wise.

Honestly, I am happy to hear the RCMP are wrapping things up. After one week and no further sitings, it is the most rational and economical thing to do. As said on the video, (previously linked) there are hundreds of other people on warrants, some for very serious offences as well. It isn’t sitting well with some Canadians that so much money is being spent looking for KM and BS. It has been a very costly ordeal and Canadians will paying for it indirectly somehow.

I think the reason that they searched so long is because of the international interest and because of the young couple being tourists in our country and of course additionally Prof. Dyke.

It is unfortunately the search was fruitless, but hopefully someday soon they will be found dead or alive.

There’s a balance between privacy and the public’s right to know.

I do think they missed the mark, something I’ve been saying for a few days.

"I'm very rarely critical of police. But the fact that they called the deaths 'suspicious deaths' ... They were obvious homicide victims," he said.

"That's going to put the area, including the entire north, on high alert.

Some residents of Northern B.C. also questioned why they were not told sooner that police were searching for a suspected killer or killers.

I don't recall anyone making the accusation that the people involved had not told the truth about what they had seen.

While it would be optimal to be able to substantiate the sighting with scents, footprints, etc., just because the RCMP couldn't do this doesn't mean the event didn't happen as described by the people on the scene.

There are several posts in the last thread suggesting it must have been imagined or fabricated, I'm only addressing that kind of black-and-white thinking of those posts and not any other posters in this or past threads.

Agreed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member