Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn’t require the names of Fowler and Deese to put out a warning to travellers that they needed to be cautious.

This part from the article, they completely ignore that people became interested because it was realized HOW they died, because realistically it was much more than a “suspicious death”.
It wasn't until Friday, July 19, after Australian police announced the names of the victims, that RCMP distributed descriptions and photos of the pair.

And according to RCMP Sgt. Janelle Shoiet, that's when public information started to flow in.

"It wasn't until they were identified that people seemed to take interest," Shoiet said.

IMO the Shoiet comment about public interest should be irrelevant to the fact that the information surrounding the circumstances of the deaths should have been shared with the public immediately due to involved safety issues. I think it was presumptuous of the RCMP to not put the info out such as it was and to then allow the public to makes its own choices as to how to proceed.

Playing out what the RCMP decided to do, can you imagine if this had been a spree killing episode up and down the Alaska Highway and there were a series of horrific events over the entire 3 days period it took to identify the victims and another 2-3 days to classify the event as related to "gun violence".

People driving in the area would have been sitting ducks and had no idea what was going on because there had been no announcement from the RCMP. Just writing this now I hope there is an investigation sometime down the line as to how to handle public safety emergency announcements.

It seems like the RCMP didn't want to put out any information about the situation until after the bodies were identified. It just seems if there is a potential safety issue that this would be more important than making sure the public had the names of the murdered victims.

Would the public awareness of a potential safety issue or 'interest' as Shoiet claimed have even existed if the Aussies hadn't shared the information with the press? My bet is that the Aussies saw clearly what was happening and recognized that the safety issue was real and did what they did to put the info out into the public domain. Thank goodness.

Is Shoiet saying that RCMP only responds with information if the public is taking an interest in a situation? I really hope this isn't what was meant.....

Last edited:
I was quite sure that the witness found the still burning car on Monday, July 22 around 7PM. I have to check all articles and videos.

Monday July 22 evening, according to
Burned-out car found near Gillam, Man. linked to teen suspects in B.C. deaths: RCMP
Yeah there was a picture in the early threads of this with a photo of the burning RAV4. Still on fire there was a picture. And that was 7 pm Monday.

So they were seen and stopped at the truck barricade stop.
Then they were seen At the gas station store.
And then the burned RV RAV4 was 55 km up the road still on fire At 7pm.

So in the span of a few hours or so : two sightings and one burning RAV4.

Then Poof gone

Initially, it appears police didn't rush to react to the double murder, but after the third death, possibly had the impression Kam and Bryer were on a cross country killing spree, so probably felt the urgency to catch them. After more than a week of several incidents of contact with people with no further murders and realising the futility of trying to find them in the current location, the urgency has resided possibly. They would have a better chance of catching them by pulling out any visible LE and leaving the local LE to follow up (now that they have finally been given enough information to know what is going on).

Last edited:
I'm kind of curious what people think of this part....

B's father said that B had told him they were going to Alberta to look for work. His grandmother apparently said they were going to the Yukon. Now I know many don't want to take anything the father says as any truth(and I do understand why), but just for a minute, let's say they weren't even going to the Yukon.
There is report that they actually did get to Whitehorse, but from who?
There has been no confirmation that they were in the Yukon. I’m just outside of Whitehorse and we heard when the two bodies were found and it was odd. People here travel to the hot springs regularly so we’re familiar with the Hwy. And to hear about 2 deceased on the side of the Hwy... it caught everyone’s attention.

I recall seeing one media source plotting their travels on a map and it included Yukon but that’s the only thing I’ve heard. Not sure where they got that info from.

It is unfortunately the search was fruitless, but hopefully someday soon they will be found dead or alive.

An unresolved search makes me think of the case of D.B. Cooper who hijacked an airliner in 1971 and parachuted out with a ransom. The FBI ended the hunt for him forty five years later (Where is D.B. Cooper?)

There’s a balance between privacy and the public’s right to know.

I do think they missed the mark, something I’ve been saying for a few days.

"I'm very rarely critical of police. But the fact that they called the deaths 'suspicious deaths' ... They were obvious homicide victims," he said.

"That's going to put the area, including the entire north, on high alert.

Some residents of Northern B.C. also questioned why they were not told sooner that police were searching for a suspected killer or killers.
We were saying the same thing in the Yukon! And our media was doing nothing about it. We found out more in those first few days from international media.

Query
Was there any actual video confirmation that the suspects were even in Manitoba? I cannot remember.

I'm kind of curious what people think of this part....

B's father said that B had told him they were going to Alberta to look for work. His grandmother apparently said they were going to the Yukon. Now I know many don't want to take anything the father says as any truth(and I do understand why), but just for a minute, let's say they weren't even going to the Yukon.
There is report that they actually did get to Whitehorse, but from who?
Maybe that report was also from grandmother. I recall she said after they got there, the opportunity was not what they thought it to be. MOO

If you wanted to cross the Nelson River, wouldn't you take the shortest route? The river is 300 metres wide at the dam, and it can be crossed in five to 10 minutes by vehicle at the Keeyask Hydro project. It would take longer on foot, obviously.

See the 1:30 mark here. He says five to 10 minutes, via a kilometre-long embankment. No ferries, no boats.

There has been no confirmation that they were in the Yukon. I’m just outside of Whitehorse and we heard when the two bodies were found and it was odd. People here travel to the hot springs regularly so we’re familiar with the Hwy. And to hear about 2 deceased on the side of the Hwy... it caught everyone’s attention.

I recall seeing one media source plotting their travels on a map and it included Yukon but that’s the only thing I’ve heard. Not sure where they got that info from.

I've read that B's grandmother told them they were going there, but that is all I can find on it as well. The only confirmed sightings I know of are when they bought the coffee and the video of them. The rest have been tips and I don't think they have been able to substantiate any of those or they would have told us.

Is there any sort of confirmation about who was murdered first? LD or the couple?
We know Lucas & Chynna we’re alive and well the evening of July 14 and found murdered early July 15. Professor Len was found dead early July 19. I don’t believe we have any confirmation of when he died (or cause of death), but based on location I think it’s safe to say he died between evening of the 18th and morning of the 19th (body would’ve almost certainly been found the day he died there unless late in the day). The suspects were seen on the afternoon of the 18th leaving Dease Lake Super A towards the location LD was found.

Maybe that report was also from grandmother. I recall she said after they got there, the opportunity was not what they thought it to be. MOO

Ahhh, okay thanks, I've missed this bit somewhere along the lines then. Sooo much to read! :)

I am wondering of Mr.D may not have died if he had heard warnings about the previous highway murders in a more timely fashion before he found himself being killed on the side of the road on his way to a camping trip :(

We know Lucas & Chynna we’re alive and well the evening of July 14 and found murdered early July 15. Professor Len was found dead early July 19. I don’t believe we have any confirmation of when he died (or cause of death), but based on location I think it’s safe to say he died between evening of the 18th and morning of the 19th (body would’ve almost certainly been found the day he died there unless late in the day). The suspects were seen leaving Dease Lake Super A towards the location LD was found on the afternoon of the 18th.
Their truck was found burning on Friday. The police were there and then a witness vehicle stopped and told the police that they thought they seen a body back at the pullout. So the cops went up there and found LD.
So the young guys probably We're stopped at the pull out with the truck they had and then stole the RAV4 and killed LD and then went down the road and burnt out the truck?
Or they went South on the road burnt out their truck then went back walking stole the RAV4 in killed LD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl