Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was them at the dump, my guess for their search includes wire (as has already been mentioned) or some other basic piece of metal (length of pipe or angle iron? hammer?) needed to fix something or for some idea they are trying to manifest.

Also, perhaps shoelaces. Or indeed shoes. Shirts (as has also been mentioned).

Many other possibilities too.

MOO

I was thinking looking for supplies to set traps around where they may be hiding out.

I'm sorry if this is a really remedial request at this point, thread #9, but I missed this detail as I was on a road trip for four days;

Have the two been formally charged with murdering Lucas Fowler and Chynna Dease? I know they have been charged with 2nd degree for LD.

Any links to the charges are very appreciated. :)

No. No charges have been filed yet.

I am packing up and heading out on my cross Canada road trip today. I am not letting two punks deter me. I have tremendously enjoy the discussions on here and felt the frustrations, stress as probably most have. I sincerely hope the suspects are captured alive soon, if they are not already deceased. If they are hiding out in someone’s basement, I hope they man up and come out and face the music.

Cheers all ... see you in a few weeks at which time I hope there will be positive developments.
Stay safe and have a wonderful trip.

Negative on that one. When a weapon is used it is to put down a threat using lethal force. No 'shooting them in the leg' stuff.

Gunfighter drills are 'two to the chest, one to the head'.

Edit: even non-tactical police officers are taught to aim center of mass. Been a long while since taught the weaver stance. All isosceles stances now (better protection from the front plate).
Thanks for clarifying. You're right, now that I think about it, RCMP have shot and killed for someone just holding up a 2x4 and swinging it. I should have thought about that before posting!

Hope this link is fine..Thinking of BS's father and his comment about camouflage.
Father Of Teen Linked To Lucas Fowler's Death Says They're "Trained In War & Camouflage"
https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-use-camouflage-effectively-Do-camouflaged-clothes-actually-work
main-qimg-d88ecf72a8a32c331710b5f0ff225253-c

main-qimg-9b19c859b217ecf8e74f9e19e99139ac-c

main-qimg-161b6cb47a23aa40852a0c0fa3839743-c

main-qimg-d03dfdfda2df4afc071376c160fdc925-c

main-qimg-d790b4ef80f57144f10a520a243fcc23-c

"See how hard it is noticing them? That’s how camo works when employed nicely."
For over two years, this is exactly what these two guys were training for in the woods. BS's father said they had mastered camouflage.

Are they actually any good? Seems so, at the moment.

I am packing up and heading out on my cross Canada road trip today. I am not letting two punks deter me. I have tremendously enjoy the discussions on here and felt the frustrations, stress as probably most have. I sincerely hope the suspects are captured alive soon, if they are not already deceased. If they are hiding out in someone’s basement, I hope they man up and come out and face the music.

Cheers all ... see you in a few weeks at which time I hope there will be positive developments.

Cross Canada from where to where :)

Gosh, sorry about your gram. That was quite an achievement to be with her. But have you considered trying for an Indy 500 ride, because that trip sounds pretty wild, IMO.
Anybody interested can find some info on the TransCanada portions of their journey here.
Canadian Road Information on TransCanadaHighway.com
Not pretty wild for nothern driving standards. A 25hr trip from the Yukon down to Alberta or BC is considered normal, and we do it in a couple days max. Even with one driver.

It's true. After the bodes were found, RCMP asked for sightings of the van and dashcam footage. A road worker came forward and said that at 11:30PM on July 14 she saw a bearded man (age omitted), either slightly shorter or taller (inconsistent reporting) than 6'3" Lucas, talking to the first two victims.

That information was released after the identity of the victims was confirmed. Prior to knowing the identity, it could have been a husband pleading with his wife and her boyfriend.

I found a few articles, you are correct in all of them the age and description other than the beard part is not reported on. My own memory on this is foggy, I absolutely recall someone saying it was an older man, Kam has a beard but does not pass as an older man in my eyes however I'm not driving by the incident. I only brought it up because it sounded strange since LD is an older man with a beard and is now dead. Anyhow carry on just a rambling of a newbie here!

Negative on that one. When a weapon is used it is to put down a threat using lethal force. No 'shooting them in the leg' stuff.

Gunfighter drills are 'two to the chest, one to the head'.

Edit: even non-tactical police officers are taught to aim center of mass. Been a long while since taught the weaver stance. All isosceles stances now (better protection from the front plate).

Genuinely curious - why not shoot to injure and keep a suspect alive for questioning? Why go straight for a kill?

I find it strange that there have not been more confirmed sightings of the two at this point, given their notoriety. I know they have only been suspects for a week, but they have been front page news for a while and while maybe not a top concern for people in the south or rest of Canada, anyone working along their route would likely be very aware of who they are and would come forward for their 15 minutes of fame with the media.

For the past 18 days (approximately since we are only assuming the July 12 departure date for now based on texts to granny and dad), we have four confirmed sightings: the Jade City store near Dease Lake, Cold Lake, Meadow Lake, Split Lake...and the burned Rav4 near Fox Lake First Nations (that's a whole lotta lakes).

I just thought by now more info would have leaked out about other sightings.
JMO

I do not recall that anyone ever saw them at the burned out Rav4.

The initial RCMP statement that I have in front of me is dated the morning of July 16, three days before Dyck was killed, and says that the first two deaths were being handled by the RCMP’s “Major Crimes Unit”.

I guess "Major Crimes Unit" didn't evoke anything in Dyck's mind as a local Canadian or he may have been more careful on who he interacted with. "Major Crimes Unit" doesn't tell people what kind of people or scenarios to be on the lookout for.

I know it wasn't the last physical siting, however, I consider the last place they were was where the Rav4 was found burning Monday night.

I agree. Although Gillam has received media attention at it was the RCMP search base, there’s no reports that the two were ever sighted there. Split Lake was the location of last sighting before that, but the RAV4 was found burning near the Fox Lake Cree Nation, appx 166km NE and at least 2 hours by vehicle up the road from Split Lake, past Gillam. So that’s the site of their last known location, aside from the remote chance the vehicle was driven there by somebody else or they had a 2nd vehicle. But the band constable at Split Lake was checking vehicles as they passed through so that strongly negates that possibility IMO.

Last edited:

They even told him their full, real names. They must have been confident at that point that they were not being chased as suspects yet? So perhaps had found ways to check on the news? I think they had been at least listed as missing at that time, though, right? Maybe they figured if the guy seemed to know who they were, they would just kill him? Thank goodness for that man it ended well. MOO

Genuinely curious - why not shoot to injure and keep a suspect alive for questioning? Why go straight for a kill?

Because that is a good way to also get shot.

The drills taught to tactical operators (the officers in camouflage with the C8 carbines) are to incapacitate a threat. Two shots to center mass overwhelm the central nervous system response, and the shot to the head destroys the brain stem (less likelihood of a threat pulling the trigger and letting a round off - important when hostages are around).

The RCMP used to be our terror response operators. In the 1990's, after the disbanding of the CAR, many ported over to JTF2.

In regards to what BS father said about playing their games in the forest. Did he ever mention if this was a few hours here and there, or if they went in for extended periods of time?
The playing of violent strategy based video games and 3-D war games in the forest seems to have been the duo's passion. So I'm guessing all free time was devoted to these pursuits.

First time posting on here. I'm Canadian in BC and have been following this story. One confusing thing to me is how and why they seemed to be going in circles according to the time line. It doesn't really make sense to me that they would go from Port Alberni OR Whitehorse (either way) to Liard Hotsprings and then back in the direction they came to where their vehicle was found near Dease Lake. If they had wanted to go to Alberta they would have continued East from Liard Hotsprings, not back in the other direction. It makes me wonder if the two deaths/murders are connected at all. I have tried looking into HOW exacty Leonard Dyke died - was it gunshot wound? From what I find it just says his body was found with no other details. He could have died of a heart attack with that information. He could have been driving along and started to feel that he was having a heart attack, gets out of his car to flag down help and collapses. The teens could have come along, found his vehicle and taken it out of opportunity and then set theirs on fire. For all we know they're on the run thinking it's for a stolen vehicle without any clue everyone believes they are also murder suspects. Although they most likely had access to a radio in that vehicle so this could be a very incorrect idea but just thought I'd throw an alternate theory out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay