Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gina20, it won't let me access the article because I'm not in Canada. Could you please copy and paste the part about Chynna trying to wave for help? Why didn't the person stop to help then?
From what I read it the news report, they both were there waiting for the van to sit awhile because they thought it was flooded, not that she was waving for help. They told one woman that stopped that they were fine and having a picnic waiting for the van to sit awhile. Sounds like this was late afternoon, seems like the murders happened sometime during the night.

Evidently they don't allow anyone else to release any information about the car LD was driving. His body was discovered in a highway turnout. "Police said a car found burned and discarded near the Fox Lake Cree Nation reserve of Bird was the stolen Toyota RAV4 SUV that the two had been reported driving."
So the RAV 4 was stolen, but no reports of stolen vehicles. So it must be Leonard's. Why would they attack and kill Leonard if not for his car & whatever they could get their thieving hands on, when theirs is burnt up down the road?
Police name third victim, charge fugitive B.C. teens with murder
That's what I'm wondering too. Their murder spree is for robbery?

According to the Daily Telegraph, one of the cylinders was cracked and the engine was flooded. This is all I could read as the article is behind a paywall.
if a cylinder was cracked I don't think that was going to resolve with any amount of time or any road side fix.

a cracked cylinder would be engine failure that would require the engine removed for repair.

Thank you confiming the fact that sleeping in vehicles is "pretty normal around here" and "it's pretty chill" around here. That sums it up superbly!

Agree!!

I believe it's misunderstood.

"No camping" along highway means no open fires, grills, tents, etc., and not considered the equivalent of sleeping in you vehicle for few hours-- especially when it's still mostly light outside. MOO

From what I read it the news report, they both were there waiting for the van to sit awhile because they thought it was flooded, not that she was waving for help. They told one woman that stopped that they were fine and having a picnic waiting for the van to sit awhile. Sounds like this was late afternoon, seems like the murders happened sometime during the night.

Context from the link above. They declined help from a couple. At some point Chynna tried to flag down help from a woman who said she couldn't stop. Implied that the woman thought they wanted her to stop.

The article doesn't give times, though.

Last edited:
I am not young and in love now, but I once was. When I was in college, my love and I decided to car trip to Florida, and we went all the way to Key West, some 23 hours away from home. It was at a time when credit cards weren't just given out to anyone and everyone, and we spent almost all of our money getting to and spending a few extra days in Key West, leaving ourselves barely enough money to buy gas to get home. Needless to say, there were no hotel stays on the way home. We drove straight through the night and into the next afternoon. Some 40 years later, we still smile and reminisce about that wonderful vacation. I think you see what I am getting at. God bless Lucas and Chynna. I am thrilled they had those vacations they probably couldn't afford. Just sorry one ended their lives.

Beautifully said!

the van flooding was more likely a carb float problem. likely rust in the gas tank from age of van. tapping on it will sometimes resolve the problem for the moment. I think it was said he had a ideal of the problem and was thinking he could resolve it road side. tapping might not have worked that time.

Last edited:
They have, assuming they are still alive , cut themselves off from all validation. They would have got chunks of satisfying ( to them ) validation from their gaming hours, and probably some, even if negative from their parents, / guardians.

But now, they have to validate each other, and they only have each other to receive validation from. A far cry from how it used to be. They would know by now they are hunted, and despised, .. all heavy baggage to carry.

No reports of any EFTPOS, or debit/credit card use, unless the RCMP is keeping that dark, as police orgs often do, so their cash would have run out days ago.

Is it possible for them to travel by night and lay up by day? . I think that would be more dangerous in Northern Canada, perhaps even more dangerous in summer than in winter, can anyone confirm?

He was a botanist. His life was the forrest.

Yes, and he often travelled alone.

Leonard Dyck, 64, was believed to have been on solo camping trip when he was killed.

A university lecturer, he died during one of his characteristic, solitary camping trips through BC's haven-like backcountry. He was a deeply introspective outdoorsman who, friends say, was profoundly engrossed with nature and the study of plants, to which he dedicated much of his life.

He often chose to camp in areas that exemplify the rugged, pristine country synonymous with the Pacific Northwest.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...ck-ubc-vancouver-dead-dease-lake-bc-1.5224982

if a cylinder was cracked I don't think that was going to resolve with any amount of time or any road side fix.

a cracked cylinder would be engine failure that would require the engine removed for repair.

I just read the witness' account where she said the engine cylinder was flooded, and now we're seeing a "cracked cylinder."

Do you have a link for this version? Thanks....:)

Sorry, I'm new here too and I apologize if I came off as rude or a jerk. I know you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I've just read so much about conspiracies regarding this case that I just wanted to show some info that maybe hadn't been seen by all. Anyhow thanks for your post. Cheers.

You did not come off as rude or a jerk to me, just someone with a differing opinion to mine regarding relevancy in that aspect of my post, and reasonable people can disagree. :) You also provided pictures that I had not seen, pictures I found most helpful. (thank you!)

Another aspect to all this is IMHO it's clear (though so far as I know not announced) that all three victims were robbed. The evidence for this is that it took so long to ID the victims; had they had their wallets, it would not have.

I still wonder about the most recent sighting. I've seen video of the Bear Clan patrolman describing what he saw. My take is he was far from sure, so called it in (what he's supposed to do). If I was the RCMP, I'd be doing exactly what they are doing; being dismissive of the sighting, announcing very publicly that they are pulling out. (and not actually pulling everyone out). I hope they are keeping an eye out on the railroad tracks 20 miles or so SE of that area.

I was ready to make a case for the guys never having been near Laird Hot Springs, which is 30 hours away from Port Alberni, until I saw a route on Google that actually does go through LHS to Whitehorse on 97. So it's quite possible that they indeed did start to get to the Yukon Territory, with a ton of driving. We don't know what proof LE has of placing them at the L&C crime scene. It could be that they stumbled upon them postmortem and robbed them, and thus left their prints and DNA around. Or they killed them. The RCMP have a better idea, hopefully.

As for Mr. Dyck, they may have run over him somehow with their own vehicle, hence the need to get rid of evidence and exchange vehicles.

Maybe they did just start out with tampering with a crime scene and vehicular homicide. Maybe they're getting mislabeled as being smart fugitives playing games with authorities, in large part because Bryer's father led off public perception with his statements about the guys' activities, and his ridiculous hyperbole about going out in a blaze of glory. Or maybe they really are cunning and smart enough to evade LE and the military.

I thought I was sure, but now I'm confused again. Unless we know about Mr. Dyck's CoD, and if it matches that of L&C's, we'll be stuck with doubts about their deaths, in my opinion.

There are two possible routes from Port Alberni, Hwy 37 or Hwy 97 with the two hwys connecting to the north at Watson Lake Yukon. Both have several traffic cams along the way. I’m certain LE will have found the videos very helpful in determining the route traveled and precisely at what time who was where.

Traffic cams -
B.C. Highway Cams

I just read the witness' account where she said the engine cylinder was flooded, and now we're seeing a "cracked cylinder."

Do you have a link for this version? Thanks....:)

I do not have a link, I am replying to judgejudi post of a cracked cylinder. that post states daily telegraph.

Evidently they don't allow anyone else to release any information about the car LD was driving. His body was discovered in a highway turnout. "Police said a car found burned and discarded near the Fox Lake Cree Nation reserve of Bird was the stolen Toyota RAV4 SUV that the two had been reported driving."
So the RAV 4 was stolen, but no reports of stolen vehicles. So it must be Leonard's. Why would they attack and kill Leonard if not for his car & whatever they could get their thieving hands on, when theirs is burnt up down the road?
Police name third victim, charge fugitive B.C. teens with murder

Purely speculation, perhaps the RAV4 wasn’t LD’s, instead was owned by a friend or family member who lent it to LD for whatever reason and given the tragic outcome, that individual just doesn’t want their name disclosed to the media at this time. I’m certain the RCMP would respect their wishes. The two suspects are charged with murder of LD.....not car theft of the RAV4 for which is barely a rap on the knuckles in Canada.

But...it won't go on indefinitely right? How will we know that that's what they are doing? How do we know that they haven't already done this (Looked for bodies)?

Surely, without clear evidence that they are dead, they won't spend the next few years looking for them. People have disappeared out there and not been found for a long time. My curiosity really is...just how long would they be looked for (by RCMP) if it's pretty clear they have starved to death or the suspicion is strong that they starved or died of exposure?

In my experience and presumption within a reasonable amount of time after the last confirmed sighting.

So, perhaps not much longer? Without any new confirmed leads I give it another week tops.

I love all the new people who have been here for 50 comments if that and bash the other people that have been here for years, and how WS is run.

A non sequitur of sorts, because I've never criticized any old member: I've been here since before Tybee passed away (RIP!), before Renee Fox, so that's at least 13 or 14 years. I just never made an account until a couple of years ago and post until last week. So not all of us are new. And this had been a hospitable, warm place for newbies. :)

Gina20, it won't let me access the article because I'm not in Canada. Could you please copy and paste the part about Chynna trying to wave for help? Why didn't the person stop to help then?

The article mentions two passers by. One couple stopped and offered help which was declined. The other could not stop for whatever reason.

It does not state anything about the RCMP being notified of the couple in need of help at that time and the RCMP declining to help. I'm particularly interested in substantiating that claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru