Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t make that assumption at all. The charge for LD facilitates useful procedural stuff - the Canada-wide warrant being the most obvious. That accomplished, there is no need to rush on anything else.
I would think the RCMP would like to put the minds of the public at peace. If charges were laid in the deaths of Lucas & Chynna that would set my mind at ease. As it stands right now we, the public are not certain if BS & KM are responsible or if there is a person (s) out shooting people on the side of the highway. Canada is in major tourist season, so many travelling this beautuful country, everyone is fearful until we have some concrete info, like charges, how can anyone feel safe?

I would think the RCMP would like to put the minds of the public at peace. If charges were laid in the deaths of Lucas & Chynna that would set my mind at ease. As it stands right now we, the public are not certain if BS & KM are responsible or if there is a person (s) out shooting people on the side of the highway. Canada is in major tourist season, so many travelling this beautuful country, everyone is fearful until we have some concrete info, like charges, how can anyone feel safe?

I think that 99.9% of people who are aware of this case think that all three people were murdered by these guys, and that the only people who might be feeling a bit concerned live in remote communities in northeastern Manitoba. Not everybody is following this on a crime forum, trying to figure out how many angels there are on the head of a pin :)

In any event, the BC prosecutors will authorize more charges when they’re ready to do so. I don’t imagine that the average person is focused on what charges have been laid. The only people who might care, one way or the other, are the families of the two victims.

Mounties leave York Landing after search for fugitives turns up nothing: Chief

I am not in law enforcement, so there might be reasoning I’m not aware of, but I’m really curious why would they pull *all* RCMP out of York Landing after a very credible sighting and a cursory search? And then send all involved officers back up to Gillam? It would seem very likely the 2 suspects are long out of Gillam at this point. Why not leave some officers at points West, East and South of Gillam so they can respond more quickly to the next possible sighting?

Starting to look like death in the woods by hypothermia or murder/suicide.

Although very possible IMO I dont think this because there are two of them. If there was only one person trying to avoid capture I could entertain this more but since there are two of them I have to lean towards that at least one of them would be able to make it out of there to save their life if the other one became injured or too weak to go on.

But I do think its possible. Which would be the worst outcome because then we will never know what happened.

The teens are suspects in three murders. There are no other suspects. Charges have been laid in relation to one of the murders, which means there is evidence for that murder and suspicion for the other two. I suspect that the evidence is that the teens' truck was burned near the 3rd victim and the teens were driving that victim's vehicle.

I'm pretty sure that most people would not feel any different about the suspects of the three murders, nor would their minds be at ease, if more charges were laid. Do we really need to see charges for multiple murders to accept warnings from police that the teens are dangerous?

rbbm.
Schmegelsky and McLeod likely desperate, 'at each other's throats': former U.S. Marshal
“I’ve hunted down the most violent felony fugitives across the globe, terrorists, murderers, rapists, arsonists, gun-runners, drug-runners – the worst of the worst,” DePaul says.

The now-retired commander believes at this point, Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky know it’s just a matter of time before they’re caught.

“They’ve got to shift gears at a moment’s notice if they’re out there in the wilderness somewhere, desperate, probably no provisions. They’re probably at each other’s throats,” he says, adding they likely have no idea who they can trust.

“These kids are out there, they’re desperate. I believe there’s a weapon involved. I don’t think the gun has been recovered. Human instincts turn into animal instincts. You don’t know what they’re going to do.”
DePaul says that’s why people who might be at risk in rural Manitoba communities need to cooperate with police and stay safe."

“Leave your lights on at night. You’ve got a dog, keep him out back. These folks are sleeping with one eye open, I’m sure. I’ve been there. I’ve chased people that have been on the run like this — serial killers and escape cases — I mean, I’ve chased ghosts in the past. You don’t know who they are for weeks.”

I am not in law enforcement, so there might be reasoning I’m not aware of, but I’m really curious why would they pull *all* RCMP out of York Landing after a very credible sighting and a cursory search? And then send all involved officers back up to Gillam? It would seem very likely the 2 suspects are long out of Gillam at this point. Why not leave some officers at points West and South of Gillam so they can respond more quickly to the next possible sighting?

Im hoping they are secretly doing just that and keeping a few rapid response people close to Gillam and York Landing and just not telling the public.

If LE suspects that the two may somehow find news about the searching then they may have decided not to tell the public that they are leaving a few rapid responders behind.

All it would take is the two of them to find a local newspaper somewhere to get updates about the searching without having internet. When they were allegedly sighted at the dump I had wondered if that could have been something they were looking for too. Any local discarded newspapers.

I am not in law enforcement, so there might be reasoning I’m not aware of, but I’m really curious why would they pull *all* RCMP out of York Landing after a very credible sighting and a cursory search? And then send all involved officers back up to Gillam? It would seem very likely the 2 suspects are long out of Gillam at this point. Why not leave some officers at points West, East and South of Gillam so they can respond more quickly to the next possible sighting?

The sighting could not be confirmed, meaning it is not credible.

If these two are dead in the woods I’ll eat my hat I don’t think it’s likely. They go from strolling through a co-op store with zero pressure to burning their only known means of transportation to running through unknown bush with limited supplies before the nationwide warrant existed?? It doesn’t make sense. We will never know the full story here but I think York Landing was strategic on the part of the RCMP. Either that or they received information that was validated and debunked the original YL sighting!

The comment about the teenagers' digital footprint is interesting. Perhaps forgotten in the search is that in addition to BS and his gregarious father, no doubt LE has been investigating all the contacts these teenagers have made through social media...more of their friends than referenced in the published media articles.

KM's family has been very quiet through all of this (some have hypothesized that they have lawyered up) but his computer, too, has likely undergone a thorough forensic investigation.

Just coming out of lurking to point out a couple of things ...

Second vehicle (Rav 4) burning. It’s upright.
Second vehicle (Rav 4) post-burning. It’s rolled.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fox-lake-nightly-community-patrol-fugitives-1.5225799

With a burning vehicle in bushland, I imagine the priority is to get it out as quickly as possible. They aren’t trying to preserve - they want to prevent a possible bushfire. A similar procedure would explain the camper having roof damage. Neither vehicle was reported as rolled, which you imagine it would be.

Also, a small thing but most media reports stated or implied that McLeod and Schmegelsky got Summer jobs at Walmart straight after graduation.

McLeod graduated in 2018, not 2019.
If you ‘inadvertently’ helped two suspected killers escape, please come forward, RCMP urge

Schmegelsky didn’t graduate at all.

No idea what they’ve been doing for the past year (previous job? bumming around? planning something?) but they didn’t go from school to Walmart. It’d be interesting to know whether the store had a spike in missing or stolen items (like hunting equipment or weapons) during the few weeks they worked there.

The sighting could not be confirmed, meaning it is not credible.

So who WERE the 2 thin tall young white men seen by Bear Clan at the dump, one wearing a camo jacket, rummaging through the dump (something locals apparently don’t do)? And then running into the woods when spotted, which also seems suspect?

Just because the RCMP couldn’t find the people sighted doesn’t mean the sighting wasn’t credible, IMO.

So who WERE the 2 thin tall young white men seen by Bear Clan at the dump, one wearing a camo jacket, rummaging through the dump (something locals apparently don’t do)? And then running into the woods when spotted, which also seems suspect?

Just because the RCMP couldn’t find the people sighted doesn’t mean the sighting wasn’t credible, IMO.
Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members