CANADA Canada - Luke Joly-Durocher, 20, North Bay, Ont, 4 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oct 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/luke-joly-durocher-update-1.5313436
"The Témiscaming, Que. man was in North Bay to visit friends on March 4, 2011.

Police say Joly-Durocher and his friends consumed alcohol in a home on Sherbrooke Street before going downtown to a bar where Joly-Durocher was refused entry. That was intitially believed to be the last place Joly-Durocher was seen.

Police now say Joly-Durocher eventually went to the Shooters Bar at the Voyager Inn on Delaware Street. Police say they have now confirmed he left the bar and got a ride with at least one of the patrons. They add additional witnesses have since come forward and police "know other people may have been socializing with Luke before he disappeared.
His cell phone, jacket and glasses were all found back at the Sherbrooke Street apartment.''

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/joly-durocher-missing-person-1.3262664
rob-joly-luke-joly-durocher.JPG

Rob Joly — pictured with Luke on his shoulders — said his son’s disappearance is uncharacteristic because Luke wasn't into drugs or alcohol and always kept in touch. (Rob Joly)

March 5 2021
North Bay Police still committed to solving 10-year-old missing person case
image.jpg

On March 4, 2011, 20-year-old Luke Joly-Durocher of Témiscaming, Que., was in North Bay to visit with friends and was staying on Sherbrooke Street. (Supplied)

''SUDBURY -- Members of the North Bay Police Service, the Ontario Provincial Police and a Québec family are marking a grim 10-year anniversary, but remain committed to resolving the suspicious disappearance of a young resident.

On March 4, 2011, 20-year-old Luke Joly-Durocher of Témiscaming, Que., was in North Bay to visit with friends and was staying on Sherbrooke Street.

"They consumed alcohol prior to going to a bar where Luke was refused entry," police said in a news release Friday. "Luke then attended a second bar on Delaware Street where he was last seen alive. Family members reported Luke missing on March 7, 2011."

''A reward of up to $50,000 remains in place for anyone with information on the whereabouts of Joly-Durocher. The public can call the dedicated tip line at 705-497-5555 or email nbpolice@northbaypolice.on.ca. For those who wish to remain anonymous, contact Near North Crime Stoppers by telephone toll-free at 1-800-222-8477, or submit a tip online at www.nearnorthcrimestoppers.com.''

North Bay Police Service
Luke Joly-Durocher

Missing since: March 4, 2011
Year of birth: 1990
Age at disappearance: 20
Bio group: White
Eye colour: Brown
Hair: Black, curly, short
Teeth: Braces on upper teeth
Height: 173 cm / 5 ft 8 in
Weight: 68 kg / 150 lb
Build: slender / thin
LukeJolyDurocher_jacket_glasses.jpg

''At the time of the initial investigation, police seized Luke's dark navy American Eagle jacket and his prescription eye glasses from a residence on Sherbrooke Street where he had been staying with friends.

Also seized from the same residence was Luke's mobile phone. Phone records show that Luke's last communication was a text to his father at 8:51 p.m. on March 4th, 2011.''

LukeJolyDurocher_belt.jpg

On that snowy night in March 2011, Luke was also wearing the purple belt shown in the photo above. The belt was not recovered.''

Luke and his friends are also captured by video surveillance inside at the door where he is refused entry.

LukeJolyDurocher_atdoor.jpg

Moments later, Luke is seen walking out the door alone. This is the last confirmed sighting of him.
LukeJolyDurocher_refusedentry.jpg

While I see a superficial resemblance of Luke (to me he looks like a very young Al Pacino) to the red headed Montreal JD, I don't see the circumstances fitting where he could end up in Montreal 4 months later with his hair dyed red.

Luke was staying at an apartment on Sherbrooke St in downtown North Bay which is about a block away from the bar he and his friends went to on Main St where he was turned away. Definitely within walking distance but we don't know whether they walked, took a cab or drove there. The security cameras show Luke is wearing only a light jacket. The temperature that day was about -7C at midnight. Temiskaming isn't really all that far away from North Bay, probably about 45 km away, about 26 miles, so I presume Luke may have been familiar with North Bay.

The bar he was seen later in on Delaware St was about 2 km away from Cecil's. He is wearing his glasses in the security video at Cecil's. Since his glasses and jacket were found back at the Sherbrooke St home we don't know if he went there after being refused entry at Cecil's but before going to Shooters or whether he returned home after leaving Shooters. Are there any statements made by the people he went to Cecil's with? What time did they get home? How did Luke get to NB from Temiskaming? Bus, car? If car, who's car?

He never made any calls to anyone after his call to his dad sometime after 8pm on March 4, which was hours before he went to Cecil's with his friends.

I am very familiar with North Bay since I had an office there. For quite a long time North Bay was a bit of a depressed and depressing town. There was/is a lot of homelessness and drug use there, higher than the national average. Is it possible he met some people who did not have his best interests at heart? Was he upset that his friends didn't leave the bar with him when he was refused entry? Why was he refused entry and not his friends? Was he more intoxicated than they were?

I live in North Bay and have for over 20 years, and this case keeps me up at night. I am almost certain someone killed him and I am wondering if it was the man and his girlfriend from that apartment? It's pretty strange the next day they drove to Florida and since then he has moved to Mexico and she has moved out west!!! I am thinking the cops have an idea who did it but they don't have the evidence to prove it.

Thank you for the new articles!

Private investigators pursue leads in Joly-Durocher disappearance | North Bay Nugget
Jennifer Hamilton-McCharles
• March 3, 2022
''Ellen White, owner and senior investigator of Pulse Private Investigations, said she is convinced this case will be solved.
“Not to put timelines on things, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the case is solved in this year,” she said.''
“We’ve relied on the caring and compassion of people of North Bay who heard the story, who were present that night to fill in the blanks for us and they’ve been great doing it. We’ve receive a significant number of new developments. We’ve been quite surprised.''

''Investigators from Pulse Private Investigations have spent 400 to 500 hours since November travelling up Highway 11 from Toronto to North Bay, knocking on doors and speaking to witnesses about the 11-year-old case.

According to North Bay Police Service, the last confirmed sighting of Luke Joly-Durocher occurred sometime after he was refused entry to a downtown bar March 4, 2011.''

Hmm, so we know that Luc and 2 friends are dropped off in North Bay by one of the friends' parents so they could help a one of their group of friends move into the Sherbrooke Apartment.

There is a couple living in the Basement of the Triplex already and a friend from Temiscaming (who is the friend moving in), there is a girl from Toronto and her female cousin, a pregnant friend who did not attend the bars with the group and one other male. 4 males. 4 females in attendance at the post moving, pre-bar party. at 683 Sherbrooke.

At some point during the day Luc takes out $20 and, be it on his return back from taking the money out, or on his way to the bar, or after he leaves the Voy, he loses his bank card. It's found a week later a block from the apartment.

Coming up to midnight the group decides to hit the road and go for drinks. The group of males leave the house first while the group of females get ready. The group of males attempt to get into the first bar, Blur, I believe it was called, but one friend is too drunk to get in so they collectively decide to head over to Cecil's where everyone else is let in but Luc is denied entry for either being too drunk or not having proper ID. The group does not rally around him to hit another location. In the surveillance videos it appears as though some of them are not wearing coats so that could also be why they didn't trek to the Voy. I want to assume the other guys are aware because Luc doesn't feel compelled to text them and say he didn't get in. But is his phone dead maybe?

This is the part where everything starts to drive me nuts... When does he lose his bank card? If it was earlier in the night then at some point he has to realize he doesn't have it!? And I think that most of us, when we found that our wallet was missing, would retrace our steps looking for it? If the bars check IDs, he'd probably dig into his pockets or wallet looking for it then and discover it's missing at that point; So maybe that's why he leaves the bar alone. And if so, does he go back to the apartment looking for it before hitting the Voy? It looks like he heads in the direction of the Voy after leaving Cecil so maybe not. Also, he took $20 out earlier in the day but do we know if he still has it? They say he drinks imported beer and that several brands of beer are present at the apartment when his Mom goes looking for him so I assume it was BYOB and that the hosts didn't buy 6 different kinds of beer. How did he pay for it? I mean Luc could have bought the beer before he took money out too I guess. And $20 could be enough for a few drinks and a tip if you're only planning to be there for 2 or so hours so maybe he doesn't lose his card until later? But that means he makes it back to the house after the bar and that makes everyone in that house a liar because they say they never see him again after he leaves the Cecil.

According to the podcast I listened to, his coat, hoodie, shirt, key lanyard, and cell phone are found at the Sherbrook apartment. He's missing too much clothing to survive a snowy night in Canada. Also, his coat is still wet almost 2 days later when his Mom goes looking for him. Is that weird to anyone else? I understand he had a sweating and migraine condition but if he goes missing Sautrday morning, it's sitting there for the entire day Saturday, Sunday and into Monday evening. Why isn't it dry by then!? I can't fathom how it can be sweat that made it damp that many days later. Did he fall in the creek where the search dogs alerted he had been?

So Chippewa Creek runs along side the Kinsman Trail and if one were to enter it at the O'Brien and Highway 11 Entrance which is a few hundred feet from the Voy and folow it for about 4 City blocks you can pop back out 2 streets away from the Sherbrook apartment. Why anyone would take this route makes no sense to me because while I'm not familiar with the area, I assume it's not well lit at night and all the falling snow could cover up tripping hazards. Being drunk is already a tripping hazard. This seems like a great way to get a concussion. Being drunk and having a head injury sounds dangerous.... (This reminds me of the Jake Just missing person case that is also still unsolved.) But I'm sure this trail is a popular and frequently used trail so what are the odds he's not found by now?

Anyway, he's witnessed getting into a car with atleast one other bar patron. Do we trust this sighting? I'm not sure how much weight to give it because humans are notoriously bad witnesses and this lead came in years later. But if the bar staff know all the people then it's certainly more reliable. He was seen mingling in the bar and again in the parking lot at 3am witnessing a fight. Who was he mingling with? Who was involved in the fight?

So here we are, Luc may or may not have left in a car with 1 or more people and they may or may not have headed back to 683 Sherbooke St. His belongings end up at the apartment, how does he not also? We know that he ends up back there at some point and how far do you go in the snow without a coat, hoodie and shirt? Not far I imagine.

There are rumours he was selling drugs in this podcast. But no activity on his cell phone would imply not a successful one, unless he has a second cell phone that's missing. More from the rumour mill... one neighbour heard a car playing loud music sometime around midnight. I think this is likely the Pregnant friend's ride because the guys are at Cecil's by now. The girls were planning to head out to the bars and likely walked since it's only a block and a half away but who knows. There's other apartments here so it could be someone visiting one of those units... Without someone coming forward...
Another neighbour heard an argument/fight that night but didn't investigate the noise. This is probably a bad sign that something violent may have happened to Luc. And if it is what happened then he has really friends that know more than they've been sharing. 6 people can't keep a homicide a secret forever.

Ugh. I really feel for his family. I hope you get answers soon.

Last edited:
The North Bay Police in conjunction with the assistance from two Quebec-based police services were in Temiscaming, Quebec on Monday searching for leads connected to the ongoing Luke Joly-Durocher missing persons case.

"On June 13, 2022, members of the North Bay Police Service, assisted by members of the Service de police de la Ville de Montréal and Sureté Du Québec, conducted an investigation at a residence in Temiscaming, Quebec, as part of the ongoing investigation into the 2011 disappearance of Luke Joly-Durocher," said David Woolley, corporate communications officer with the North Bay Police Service.

"As this is an active
investigation, we cannot provide further details at this time

A reward of $50,000 remains in place for anyone with information on Luke’s whereabouts.

The case has also garnered attention from Ellen White, a private investigator with Pulse Private Investigations based out of Barrie as well as the Owen Sound based Please Bring Me Home, an organization with a stated mission to solicit anonymous tips regarding cold case missing persons across Canada to find the missing and bring them home to their family and friends.

Anyone with information about Luke Joly-Durocher’s disappearance is asked to contact the North Bay Police Service at 705-497-5555. Additional information about Luke Joly-Durocher’s case, as well as other unsolved missing person cases, can be found on the North Bay Police Service website.

$50 K REWARD.
Sept 1 2022 rbbm
''For 11 years, Rob Joly has been trying to answer two questions: Where is his son Luke and what happened to him?

Despite the passage of time, Joly said he's never considered giving up the search.

“We’re not going away and not giving up on this,” said Joly.''

''Luke Joly-Durocher, from Témiscaming, Que., was 20 years old when he vanished on the night of March 4, 2011. He was in North Bay to visit friends and was staying at a Sherbrooke Street apartment while in the city.''

Since White started digging into the case, credible tips have flooded her line, which led her and Joly back to the unit where Luke stayed the night he disappeared.

“That building we believe based on information from several tipsters factored into his disappearance,” said White.

“So of course we wanted to get in there and have a look.”

On Aug. 25, the two went inside the apartment and the room where Luke stayed before he disappeared.

“It was kind of an eerie feeling and a lot of memories come back of the description of the apartment,” said Joly.

White said three items belonging to Luke could be the key to unraveling his disappearance: a red and white Air Canada bag with Rob’s name written in it in black marker, a pair of worn New Balance shoes with green trim, and his purple belt.

“Our tipsters have told us that the information specifically about that belt,” said White.

“That the belt they saw was circulating in the community as much as a week after Luke disappeared.”

Anyone with information is asked to call North Bay police, Crime Stoppers or Pulse Private Investigations.''

1662122196347.png

This is my home town and I still live here today. Hopefully they get some closure soon. The PI they have working on the case seem to be making progress.

Please don't delete this link. It is MSM, it's our local news here in North Bay

Every time there is a news article here in North Bay, I will try to remember to post it. This is still huge news here but unfortunately no one seems to know what happened. I have been following this case VERY closly since he went missing and I have some pretty strong theory's. It's been just awful for the family and they need some closure.

Again, this is our local newpaper, it is MSM for this area. Please don't delete these links.
Thank you

Last edited:
So Chippewa Creek runs along side the Kinsman Trail and if one were to enter it at the O'Brien and Highway 11 Entrance which is a few hundred feet from the Voy and folow it for about 4 City blocks you can pop back out 2 streets away from the Sherbrook apartment. Why anyone would take this route makes no sense to me because while I'm not familiar with the area, I assume it's not well lit at night and all the falling snow could cover up tripping hazards. Being drunk is already a tripping hazard. This seems like a great way to get a concussion. Being drunk and having a head injury sounds dangerous.... (This reminds me of the Jake Just missing person case that is also still unsolved.) But I'm sure this trail is a popular and frequently used trail so what are the odds he's not found by now?
He went missing March 4 2011, I live here and no one uses these trails in the winter that I know of. They would be buried under 5 feet of snow and not maintained. Him taking the trails would be very strange IMO.

In today's local news..

"It’s unclear what parts of the creek investigators will be focused on or when the search will happen. It’s also unknown whether Ontario provincial Police K9 service will be assisting.
David Woolley, corporate communications officer with the North Bay police told The Nugget “as this is an active investigation we cannot provide further details about the search, its cause or how it affects the case.”
North Bay police most recently searched a home in Temiscaming, Quebec in June.
It’s unknown if anything was found in their investigation."

They are making progress. In today's news:

"The cadaver dogs detected several areas of interest of potential human remains, both in Temiscaming and North Bay. To maintain the integrity of the active investigation, none of the exact locations of the searches will be divulged at this time."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser
Back