Found Deceased Canada - Mariam Makhniashvili, 17, Toronto, 14 Sept 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On September 14, 2019 will be exactly 10 years since Mariam went missing. I still do not believe she committed suicide.

10 years already?? <sigh>
I remain devastated that we've never found out what REALLY happened to Mariam. I wish we could have been there for you Mariam.

I don't believe he committed suicide either. :(

Today, ten years ago Mariam Makniashvili left her home to go to school. She walked short distance from her home at 20 Shallmar Boulevard to Forest Hill Collegiate, and split from her younger brother at the north entrance. It was her second week in new school and third month in new country and city. On September 14th 2009, she disappeared and her remains were found under 401 and Yonge Street almost two years later. I am not sure if her death was deemed to be undetermined or suicide, but I think that the speculation was she committed suicide. With no leads to pursue otherwise, the police closed investigation. Some of us who were following this case closely do not believe in suicide explanation. For the reasons too many to be explained here. I am writing about Mariam because I feel as if I knew her. Young, ambitious, quiet and contemplative, unusual teenager with great aspirations. Quite often when I walk the path she walked to school I think of her. I think that all the resources put in the search for her were not matched to find out what happened to her when she was finally found in the ravine under the busiest highway in the country and no one saw her walking there....

Police appealing to students for help in finding Mariam Makhniashvili
421d42c7-2234-44e7-8952-f68ec23c3102.jpg

The Flower Festival in Tbilisi
About Events – The Flower Festival in Tbilisi

Today, ten years ago Mariam Makniashvili left her home to go to school. She walked short distance from her home at 20 Shallmar Boulevard to Forest Hill Collegiate, and split from her younger brother at the north entrance. It was her second week in new school and third month in new country and city. On September 14th 2009, she disappeared and her remains were found under 401 and Yonge Street almost two years later. I am not sure if her death was deemed to be undetermined or suicide, but I think that the speculation was she committed suicide. With no leads to pursue otherwise, the police closed investigation. Some of us who were following this case closely do not believe in suicide explanation. For the reasons too many to be explained here. I am writing about Mariam because I feel as if I knew her. Young, ambitious, quiet and contemplative, unusual teenager with great aspirations. Quite often when I walk the path she walked to school I think of her. I think that all the resources put in the search for her were not matched to find out what happened to her when she was finally found in the ravine under the busiest highway in the country and no one saw her walking there....

:(:(:(
Mariam, you didn't deserve to die. I don't know if you were murdered (although I suspect you were) or if you decided to take your own life because you were abused or bullied. I have no doubt your life was tough.

I want the investigation to continue. I want to know the truth.

Is there any way we could get the results of the investigation they did on the bridge (closing it) after Mariam was found. I have always imagined that they wanted to do a test to see if a jump (or a toss) from the bridge could lead to the place of impact. They masked that I think but saying they were looking for cctv footage but they could know from a phone call to the city that it could not possibly exist. Though the bridge was only so high...…………….. so could she have lived and tried to crawl/move but could not get far due to injuries from the fall. That would allow for her to be found in a place that didn't match a fall - but this is not likely. I am not being gruesome - I would like to know in what position her body was found does anyone know i.e. facing up or down, any suggestion of movement after falling? I would have to assume she had a lot of broken bones. Could those injuries have occurred in some other way yes or no?

As for the place she was found: the fact remains it is an excellent place to leave a body if you can't leave the city. You can drive down that little road near the utility building. Quite incredible really

Last edited:
Is there any way we could get the results of the investigation they did on the bridge (closing it) after Mariam was found. I have always imagined that they wanted to do a test to see if a jump (or a toss) from the bridge could lead to the place of impact. They masked that I think but saying they were looking for cctv footage but they could know from a phone call to the city that it could not possibly exist. Though the bridge was only so high...…………….. so could she have lived and tried to crawl/move but could not get far due to injuries from the fall. That would allow for her to be found in a place that didn't match a fall - but this is not likely. I am not being gruesome - I would like to know in what position her body was found does anyone know i.e. facing up or down, any suggestion of movement after falling?

As for the place she was found: the fact remains it is an excellent place to leave a body if you can't leave the city. You can drive down that little road near the utility building. Quite incredible really

Back to the school, the mystery of her not being seen. I would like to know if she parted with her brother at the east or west side of Mayfair. I always assumed the latter. If the west side she could easily double back on Vesta to an apartment at the end of the street with on its Shallmar side has a clear view of Mariam's apt. One denizen of that apt. was questioned about Mariam while sitting in front of the school in the little park if that is what it is in front of her school. What exactly would be the purpose of an adult male habitually sitting regularly in front of that rather woe begone little park. Used the library. Was an artist type. I don't think she went into the school that day. For sure she did not walk along Eglinton or take the bus LE would know. Of course a vehicle is possible. The story of the male in the car fighting: she had so little time to develop a relationship that would lead to an altercation on a school morning seems impossible.

I hadn't realized that Roselawn runs right over to Eglinton just north of the backback location. It is an easy walk for Mariam imo the family regularly went on picnics to Earl Bales and I assume took walks there though I don't know that for sure. There would be almost no foot traffic to speak of. I had been interested in the beltline path the trouble is it meanders a bit more south. What we can't do unfortunately is get into Mariam's mind. We have the image of her as timid with no cash on her shy to a fault unsure of herself due to temporary language limitations studious and therefore very unlikely to skip classes. Very unlikely according to that image. But in the airport images of her and videos from home in I think Tblisi she seems much more confident almost brash in a place an airport that would make a shy person nervous surely.

Why would she skip school? A melancholy walk has been suggested I doubt it. I actually doubt that she met someone of interest at the dragon boat races she was under a fairly tight leash there and to be someone just that day and then skip school? Why not meet at some other time. I think the library is a real possibility and of course there is a larger library at Yonge Eglinton. Someone studying or appearing to study/read might make Mariam let her guard down.....some impressively erudite man. Also the artist scenario possibly......would Mariam be seduced into going to look at someone's art? Was there anyone in Toronto who would have known Mariam from Tbilisi especially from the opera/music world? For him I think she would skip a class if he exists.

There are all of these slightly sinister people, the principal, the man who found who backback (suspicious) whoever thought it was worth their time to challenge Mariam having a Wiki article, the people who ripped down posters of her, the neighbours who I think did harass V.M. though he obviously overacted, the almost comic (given Mariam's status as a teen and at that point unimportant person) number of international businessmen *advertiser censored* gangsters with virtual addresses or links to the Eglinton backback address, the somewhat stunt nature of some element of the police investiagion. The person who was investigating the Eglinton building (probably the P.I. Langer but not certainly). The somewhat related fact that her father appeared to get attention from the Canadian state that included in his opinion torture to the point that he wrote a book about it. I wish an intelligent new clear mind would appear here and sift through things.

I would like to know if there is a record of who took out the Forest Hill's library copy if it still exists of The Caucasian Chalk Circle set (sort of) in Georgia and put to music by several composers including a Georgian composer performed at the Rustaveli Theatre in Tblisi. My overall feeling is that someone for whatever reason was obsessed with Mariam. It is often the fate of women from famous actresses to girls working in donut shops. I remain impressed by the person who wrote about Mariam in the blog I think Slice of Life - I don't believe in the occulty elements of that blog but I do think that the description of the male (in a vision) might arise just from some sense of who Mariam might be attracted to or drawn to spiritually if less physically attractive. Their logic and disbelief in the suicide idea is strong. Of course people for reasons unknown can commit suicide. But there? No.

Last edited:
Is there any way we could get the results of the investigation they did on the bridge (closing it) after Mariam was found. I have always imagined that they wanted to do a test to see if a jump (or a toss) from the bridge could lead to the place of impact. They masked that I think but saying they were looking for cctv footage but they could know from a phone call to the city that it could not possibly exist. Though the bridge was only so high...…………….. so could she have lived and tried to crawl/move but could not get far due to injuries from the fall. That would allow for her to be found in a place that didn't match a fall - but this is not likely. I am not being gruesome - I would like to know in what position her body was found does anyone know i.e. facing up or down, any suggestion of movement after falling?

Wasn’t part of that overpass closed for routine maintenance? It was either during the time of her disappearance or when she was found.

Your questions about the position she was found in are good ones. The police and coroner would know the details of how she was found, and would have released that information to her family. It’s not something they would share with journalists or the public. (Source: personal experience.)

Her remains were found over two years following her disappearance, so I’m not sure how much they could tell from the scene. Decomposition, weather conditions, and possible animal interference may have made that difficult.

When Mariam’s backpack was found, another local WS member and I retraced Mariam’s last known steps at school, where her backpack was found and the courtyard it was moved to. We put up flyers along the way. (The maps we made and photos we took may still be here in earlier threads.)

I personally feel that she took her own life.

-she didn’t enter the school with her brother. That entrance was the first one they would have come upon from the direction they approached the school.

-she apparently told her brother she was going to go in another entrance. That made little sense to me. Iirc, the entrance closest to her class were the front doors. She wasn’t taking a shortcut, but instead was making her trip longer by doing so.

-no assembly made by the principal warning students or ‘locking down’ the school as if they believed a predator was involved.

-there were many students there at the time, but no abduction seen.

-you can draw a straight line from the approximate location of her school to the Yonge and Eglinton Area where her backpack was found. We walked it in about 25 minutes, not walking fast.

-Yonge and Eglinton had many cctv cameras at that time, and her bag was moved to a nearby courtyard of apartment buildings. Literally hundreds of witnesses there at that time (9:00-9:30 am? I don’t recall the time of her first class)

-the place where her remains were found were meaningful to her. She and her family frequented the nearby park. People ending their lives will typically choose a spot that has meaning, or is familiar to them.

-her remains were found in a section of a golf course that was closed off. For me this means something, as my friend who ended her life chose a similar closed-off area.

Why? Maybe they wanted little chance of being found too quickly and saved, or maybe it’s so a first responder would likely be the one to find them, not a passerby (although in my friend’s case and with Mariam, they were both found by passers.)

I think Mariam was faced with many unusually difficult circumstances. And big challenges ahead. I wish she had held on, or had some help.

^^^^This is only my own view and speculation based on what I know.

Is there any way we could get the results of the investigation they did on the bridge (closing it) after Mariam was found. I have always imagined that they wanted to do a test to see if a jump (or a toss) from the bridge could lead to the place of impact. They masked that I think but saying they were looking for cctv footage but they could know from a phone call to the city that it could not possibly exist. Though the bridge was only so high...…………….. so could she have lived and tried to crawl/move but could not get far due to injuries from the fall. That would allow for her to be found in a place that didn't match a fall - but this is not likely. I am not being gruesome - I would like to know in what position her body was found does anyone know i.e. facing up or down, any suggestion of movement after falling? I would have to assume she had a lot of broken bones. Could those injuries have occurred in some other way yes or no?

They did close the bridge for some time after she was found to do some type of investigation. Sorry I don't have a link at the moment. They released no information as to their findings. Why would they do that? There had to have been some doubt about something on their minds. I wish I knew what.

I agree she could easily have walked to Eg.

I have not heard that CCTV cameras saw people moving her backpack. I thought that was simply a result of police asking around and people seeing it in various spots. But you by inference bring up an interesting point why would they not then see the FIRST person who left the backpack there whether Mariam or someone else if there was CCTV.

I have walked through the park. As I understand it the family remained on the west side of the park in their outings. They may have walked down the path down the hill that seems to be a common walk. At some point there is a fence blocking you from accessing the golf course though it is easy to pass through I did with my wife on a walk and walked over to where Mariam was found. I don't think Mariam would have conceived of the place she was found as the same place she went with her family. I don't see her suddenly disobeying no trespassing signs which if I remember correctly at there. Why not jump from the portion closest to where her family picnicked?

It is just such an implausible place to jump. The only thing that would make me accept that would be if Mariam suddenly suffered from a psychosis in which case she like anyone could do anything or get anything into her head,

I have to accept Lela's account she was happy coming home from the dragon boats races two days before. You know how offhand and cynical teenagers can be. She wrote in her notebook I think Freedom. It sounds like her Dad might have been a handful for her. I absolutely loathed high school and never once though of suicide well at least as a teen.

One thing that is interesting is that she was so interested in going to the library. Was it to use computers? Was it to correspond with someone privately? I mean it's hair raising how charged up on sexual thoughts even post pubertal girls can be....Simone de Beauvoir talked about how at 12 she thought about nothing but sex.....but as a late teen she stayed in the library from opening to closing. Of course normally all of this would be none of our business but some people are still unsettled by the suicide theory.

Now...if Mariam left some special piece of jewellery behind at the apt. that might mean something and I would be slightly more open to the suicide idea

Doesn't mean your wrong of course and I have nothing philosophically against suicide.

The story about her father going through the ravines at night with a knife looking for her did give me pause I admit.

Also I have to admit I am surprised the policed accepted apparently so easily the story that she walked to school with her brother and her mother saw her off on the elevator if memory serves me....I mean that would be the broken link that would change all possibilities...there is no proof unless they had video in the apt. I do accept it myself but would think normally that is where LE would apply pressure

They did close the bridge for some time after she was found to do some type of investigation. Sorry I don't have a link at the moment. They released no information as to their findings. Why would they do that? There had to have been some doubt about something on their minds. I wish I knew what.

I agree she could easily have walked to Eg.

I have not heard that CCTV cameras saw people moving her backpack. I thought that was simply a result of police asking around and people seeing it in various spots. But you by inference bring up an interesting point why would they not then see the FIRST person who left the backpack there whether Mariam or someone else if there was CCTV.

I have walked through the park. As I understand it the family remained on the west side of the park in their outings. They may have walked down the path down the hill that seems to be a common walk. At some point there is a fence blocking you from accessing the golf course though it is easy to pass through I did with my wife on a walk and walked over to where Mariam was found. I don't think Mariam would have conceived of the place she was found as the same place she went with her family. I don't see her suddenly disobeying no trespassing signs which if I remember correctly at there. Why not jump from the portion closest to where her family picnicked?

It is just such an implausible place to jump. The only thing that would make me accept that would be if Mariam suddenly suffered from a psychosis in which case she like anyone could do anything or get anything into her head,

I have to accept Lela's account she was happy coming home from the dragon boats races two days before. You know how offhand and cynical teenagers can be. She wrote in her notebook I think Freedom. It sounds like her Dad might have been a handful for her. I absolutely loathed high school and never once though of suicide well at least as a teen.

One thing that is interesting is that she was so interested in going to the library. Was it to use computers? Was it to correspond with someone privately? I mean it's hair raising how charged up on sexual thoughts even post pubertal girls can be....Simone de Beauvoir talked about how at 12 she thought about nothing but sex.....but as a late teen she stayed in the library from opening to closing. Of course normally all of this would be none of our business but some people are still unsettled by the suicide theory.

Now...if Mariam left some special piece of jewellery behind at the apt. that might mean something and I would be slightly more open to the suicide idea

Doesn't mean your wrong of course and I have nothing philosophically against suicide.

The story about her father going through the ravines at night with a knife looking for her did give me pause I admit.

Also I have to admit I am surprised the policed accepted apparently so easily the story that she walked to school with her brother and her mother saw her off on the elevator if memory serves me....I mean that would be the broken link that would change all possibilities...there is no proof unless they had video in the apt. I do accept it myself but would think normally that is where LE would apply pressure

I haven’t read of her being captured on cctv, except at Union Station prior to her disappearance.

I don’t know of her bag ever being caught on cctv. iirc, her bag was found close to Yonge & Eglinton. Someone picked it up and then moved it to the apartment courtyard. A person living there noticed it and after a few days put it on his balcony to shelter it. (ground floor, I believe).

I think he found her uneaten lunch and threw it out(?)

You’re likely right about the bridge closure. If they thought it to be a suicide they wouldn’t inform us.

The height of the overpass makes no sense to me: just over 16 metres (52 feet). There are a few infamous bridges to choose from that are much higher. I’m sorry to write this, but it seems too low.

She did use the library computers, but Iirc, the police said they did not find any clues. Not sure how adolescence fits in there.

People planning a suicide often seem happy or relieved once they’ve settle on a plan. They may not plan the exact date, but some planning typically goes along with it.

She and her brother were only recently reunited before she died. Her parents were in the US for 5 years.

Her father and mother lived apart in the US as well. Then they all moved to Canada.

She had two close friends in her native country of Georgia and her grandmother. It had to have been sad to be away from them. If this was a suicide, I would expect that she might have contacted them prior to her death. Was she using the library computers because she could use the internet?

She left her journal behind. There was something else, but I cannot recall it right now.

I remember a photo of her bedroom and it being very sparsely decorated (no offence intended, they were newcomers.)

I could be wrong with this, it’s just my view.

Photo of overpass and story about Mariam and the investigation.

F0EBBCEC-D513-4BC6-9253-3DBECE78BA3B.jpeg

A sad end to the mystery of Mariam Makhniashvili's disappearance

I haven’t read of her being captured on cctv, except at Union Station prior to her disappearance.

I don’t know of her bag ever being caught on cctv. iirc, her bag was found close to Yonge & Eglinton. Someone picked it up and then moved it to the apartment courtyard. A person living there noticed it and after a few days put it on his balcony to shelter it. (ground floor, I believe).

I think he found her uneaten lunch and threw it out(?)

You’re likely right about the bridge closure. If they thought it to be a suicide they wouldn’t inform us.

The height of the overpass makes no sense to me: just over 16 metres (52 feet). There are a few infamous bridges to choose from that are much higher. I’m sorry to write this, but it seems too low.

She did use the library computers, but Iirc, the police said they did not find any clues. Not sure how adolescence fits in there.

People planning a suicide often seem happy or relieved once they’ve settle on a plan. They may not plan the exact date, but some planning typically goes along with it.

She and her brother were only recently reunited before she died. Her parents were in the US for 5 years.

Her father and mother lived apart in the US as well. Then they all moved to Canada.

She had two close friends in her native country of Georgia and her grandmother. It had to have been sad to be away from them. If this was a suicide, I would expect that she might have contacted them prior to her death. Was she using the library computers because she could use the internet?

She left her journal behind. There was something else, but I cannot recall it right now.

I remember a photo of her bedroom and it being very sparsely decorated (no offence intended, they were newcomers.)

I could be wrong with this, it’s just my view.

Photo of overpass and story about Mariam and the investigation.

View attachment 243697

A sad end to the mystery of Mariam Makhniashvili's disappearance

This story is one of the first that I followed here on Websleuths, because I was so distraught for this young person. While I do recognize that many young people commit suicide, it just never rang true for me in this case. I'm just not buying it.

Wow, I remember this case, did not know of websleuths back then. Thought it was a bit hinky after the results but I figured they must of had proof
I don't think we, anyone examined what I think of as the crime scene or one of them enough. The fact that she was found beneath a bridge is overwhelming. It is important to look at a map say a aerial satellite view map of the area or preferably go there on a nice spring day. What bothers me is there is a little road that runs down to some type of utility building metres from where Mariam was found. You could drive down there easily and arrange to plant a body.

there was a discussion among people who are members of the club on a site golf nuts that discussed how likely it was that she would not be detected for so long. There was disagreement but many were skeptical. So my question is who would know about that road. Why would Mariam not walk a bit further along the bridge to get to a greater height? I would think golf course members and city workers. Walkers I suppose perhaps it was used as a lover's lane it is a dead end I believe? Any ideas? If we leave out the bridge for the moment and examine the road>

I don't think we, anyone examined what I think of as the crime scene or one of them enough. The fact that she was found beneath a bridge is overwhelming. It is important to look at a map say a aerial satellite view map of the area or preferably go there on a nice spring day. What bothers me is there is a little road that runs down to some type of utility building metres from where Mariam was found. You could drive down there easily and arrange to plant a body.

there was a discussion among people who are members of the club on a site golf nuts that discussed how likely it was that she would not be detected for so long. There was disagreement but many were skeptical. So my question is who would know about that road. Why would Mariam not walk a bit further along the bridge to get to a greater height? I would think golf course members and city workers. Walkers I suppose perhaps it was used as a lover's lane it is a dead end I believe? Any ideas? If we leave out the bridge for the moment and examine the road>

I do not believe she committed suicide. I spent hours, days and months back in 2009/2010 thinking about this, writing here and discussing with fellow forum members. There is something very odd:

1. Her brother was the last one to see her. No one else remembers seeing her that morning. It can be pretty busy around Forest Hill Collegiate around the school start time.
2. No one saw her walking on Eglinton. Her backpack was found at Yonge/Eglinton. It is about 30 minute walk. Plus another minimum 30 minute walk up north to the 401 overpass.
3. No one saw her walking on the highway. Not sure was there any footage from MTO cameras.
4. How come her body was only found after almost 2 years? I believe that police helicopters with special lights were looking for her in Earl Bales park.
5. According to her mother she was happy to start school and looked excited about Dragon boat race she attended on Sunday September 13th.
6. Why did her father attack the neighbour and private investigator?

I have so many questions.

I do not believe she committed suicide. I spent hours, days and months back in 2009/2010 thinking about this, writing here and discussing with fellow forum members. There is something very odd:

1. Her brother was the last one to see her. No one else remembers seeing her that morning. It can be pretty busy around Forest Hill Collegiate around the school start time.
2. No one saw her walking on Eglinton. Her backpack was found at Yonge/Eglinton. It is about 30 minute walk. Plus another minimum 30 minute walk up north to the 401 overpass.
3. No one saw her walking on the highway. Not sure was there any footage from MTO cameras.
4. How come her body was only found after almost 2 years? I believe that police helicopters with special lights were looking for her in Earl Bales park.
5. According to her mother she was happy to start school and looked excited about Dragon boat race she attended on Sunday September 13th.
6. Why did her father attack the neighbour and private investigator?

I have so many questions.

Outcasts points:

1. It would be interesting to know why LE (it seems) unreservedly believed her brother's account and by inference her mother's account of Mariam leaving for school, going to a different door etc. Normally I would expect them to apply pressure at that point since there is no proof it is true and it is so unlikely that she would just vanish around the school at that busy time. I believe myself it is true but am wondering what they knew that made them confident of that....since to our knowledge we have nothing after her brother leaves her as she went to enter at another door. n Why did they believe him is there something we don't know? (Quick question: when you go down the stairs to the entrance to the left of the main entrance of the school building.....there is also a door straight ahead there that someone tells me goes to the music room. Is that true? Would that room have been occupied that morning? For a class, band practice? Does anyone live around there? If I am correct it can only be opened from the inside? Because if someone let Mariam in at that door it makes somewhat greater sense that nobody would see her. Out of interest and not suspecting them who was the music teacher? Was music a subject Mariam was taking? Did she ever play an instrument back home? Was there a band at the school?

2, 3, 4, 5 I am very confident she didn't walk there, and did not jump off that bridge. I am not confident that she willfully walked to Eg. I doubt that too. If so it was along the beltline path. I doubt but with less confidence again that her body was there when they were looking for her in the autumn 2009. It is VERY important whether the clothes she was wearing were the ones at the site of the remains. There was one newspaper article which said one item at least did not appear to be hers. I agree there is no sign she was looking to take her own life and certainly not at this strange locale. The key is that it is possible to drive up on a city utility road to a small building beside the golf course and adjacent to the site of the remains. I believe she was arranged there the key question is by whom (probably plural) and when. And of course why the motive.

6. That is really interesting. I think the father was driving himself crazy with anxiety and grief but I think it is likely he had SOME reason to be suspicious of S.U. and his circle- I mean that was probably misplaced but I doubt it was a pure whim. It is easy to get suspicious of everyone under the sun in these cases but I found S.U. a little eery on the TV special for a young guy. There is a golf link that I can't make explicit here, and Markham. Someone in that circle not S.E. maybe. Did they know that golf course?

6 part B. The media story was that the father was so upset that he thought the woman who had bailed him out with her husband had written a damaging newspaper article about the family just because there first name was the same. Is that really likely? Also what hasn't been asked enough is why out of the blue a P.I. would suddenly 1. pay bail of 50,000 dollars 2. contact Mariam's family in Georgia not under his own name 3. Do a great deal of research into the building where Mariam's backpack was found and post his research an enigmatic series of links/names/places concerning the building and the Mirkont scandal, major Russian mob figures, the shady immigration lawyer who had a second office supposedly near Mariam's Mom in CA and did a mail order Ukrainian bride business as well as operating a nail business (?) from her law office etc. Who was paying the P.I. for this work?

Query: if someone was to go back and investigate this as a investigative journalist where would you advice them to start? To me the obvious places would be the p.i though I believe he changed field of work and after his wife getting stabbed may be reluctant to speak. Interview anyone from the school for the first time and again asking them if they have any new thoughts. The family again they would probably be reluctant. The Georgian community again the same problem perhaps. Any media Joe Warmington etc. What does anyone think?

Outcasts points:

1. It would be interesting to know why LE (it seems) unreservedly believed her brother's account and by inference her mother's account of Mariam leaving for school, going to a different door etc. Normally I would expect them to apply pressure at that point since there is no proof it is true and it is so unlikely that she would just vanish around the school at that busy time. I believe myself it is true but am wondering what they knew that made them confident of that....since to our knowledge we have nothing after her brother leaves her as she went to enter at another door. n Why did they believe him is there something we don't know? (Quick question: when you go down the stairs to the entrance to the left of the main entrance of the school building.....there is also a door straight ahead there that someone tells me goes to the music room. Is that true? Would that room have been occupied that morning? For a class, band practice? Does anyone live around there? If I am correct it can only be opened from the inside? Because if someone let Mariam in at that door it makes somewhat greater sense that nobody would see her. Out of interest and not suspecting them who was the music teacher? Was music a subject Mariam was taking? Did she ever play an instrument back home? Was there a band at the school?

There is a door that does not look like that anyone would enter from outside. I think it is door that goes into the gym. Forest Hill Collegiate Institute has really weird layout. It is like a labyrinth. First class that Mariam had that morning was English class, and the classroom was in the south east part of the building. To get there she walked southbound on Mayfair and took turn to the left beside parking which is elevated in comparison to the path leading to the front entrance. At the end of that path she would have to turn right and left to get to the main entrance. The door is right at the end of that path. I am not sure what would be significance of that door? I have never seen anyone going in or out using that door.

I am also curious why her brother was not alarmed when he could not find her during lunch time. She was reported missing only after the school ended.

I spoke with her mom after she moved out from the neighborhood. At that time she seemed still to be in state of shock and working long hours just to survive. I lost touch with her and she is even no longer my Facebook friend so I have no idea what is going on. I always thought that she was afraid of something. I cannot pinpoint what.

Someone who wants to investigate this should start by just walking that short distance from her building to school and realize that nothing makes sense. Not sure if speaking with school staff will yield anything new. I would suggest to look for vice principal at time. I forgot his name, but he also thought Mariam did not commit suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme