GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I skimmed through the book at the bookstore (can't quite bring myself to buy it), and I noticed the following new info:

-RW told LE at the roadside check that night that he was hurrying to get home because "his child was sick". Bigtime lie and major flag.

-When Det.Smyth called RW to come in for the interview that Sunday, RW immediately went and hid the 2 x 500 GB hard drives near the electrical panel.

-According to a family member of Jessica's, she did NOT have a history of seizures. Her repeated requests to be taken to the hospital for the 20 minute seizure time limit, was a desperate attempt to get the hell out of there. :(

-The female LE officer that stopped at Jessica's home that night knew her personally

that doesn't surprise me..she was part of his crew at least once and I don't think there are many flight attendants in the military..it isn't a trade of it's own..they are selected for a certain time period from other trades..at least that used to be the way of the military... these crews tend to stick together when they are on overseas flights so I am sure they would have socialized regardless of the rank....I have seen it myself especially when they are on the so called "French" courses that are made up of all ranks on the course. I doubt Marie France was ever on a french course seeing as she was a French Cdn. but he may have used the opportunity of her speaking french to him to upgrade his french..

Russell had to learn French, and according to the book he contacted M-F to practice and get help with his French. He mentioned the name of M-F to his friend JF during a phone call, saying that M-F was helping him with his French.

That review gives me the impression that Gerry Nott expected a psychological analysis of what makes Williams tick, what caused him to go over the edge so late in life. I think that's asking a little too much, as the answer to that question will never be known.

I skimmed through the book at the bookstore (can't quite bring myself to buy it), and I noticed the following new info:

-RW told LE at the roadside check that night that he was hurrying to get home because "his child was sick". Bigtime lie and major flag.

-When Det.Smyth called RW to come in for the interview that Sunday, RW immediately went and hid the 2 x 500 GB hard drives near the electrical panel.

-According to a family member of Jessica's, she did NOT have a history of seizures. Her repeated requests to be taken to the hospital for the 20 minute seizure time limit, was a desperate attempt to get the hell out of there. :(

-The female LE officer that stopped at Jessica's home that night knew her personally

The roadside check stop was set up at 7 in the morning and Williams was one of the first vehicles to go through. If he had left 10 minutes earlier, they woul have missed him. He was asked to fill out a questionaire while another officer checked the tires. Williams claimed that he was in a rush because he had a sick child to care for - very bizarre statement. As he pulled away, the officer that checked the tires said it was a perfect match, but since it was the colonel he didn't think they should request surveillance (the orders were that every tire match would result in surveillance). The other officer insisted, so it was called in. Williams cleaned his car the next day.

About the seizure that Jessica had, it happened at Tweed. Williams let her sleep for an hour and, when he woke her up, she had a seizure and begged him to take her to the hospital. He soothed her and told her that she would be fine (it is things like this that cause people like Appleby - and others - to believe he is capable of empathy). It's true that Jessica did not have a history of seizures, but I can see the possibility that after waking up at Tweed and realizing the horror of her situation, she could have had a seizure or hyperventilated - she was terrorized.

And true ... the officer that stopped at Jessica's house knew her. Williams vehicle was parked in the back of the acreage and she noticed it as out of place. She went to the house and knocked on the door but no one was home, and all appeared to be well. Williams, at that time, was standing in the back yard and did not know that it was a police car. He was doing surveillance on the house at the time. He left and returned to the house later that evening when Jessica was asleep. There was another vehicle that drove by later, with two men, and they too noticed the unusual vehicle in the back of the acreage and reported it to police after Jessica was reported missing.

The roadside check stop was set up at 7 in the morning and Williams was one of the first vehicles to go through. If he had left 10 minutes earlier, they woul have missed him. He was asked to fill out a questionaire while another officer checked the tires. Williams claimed that he was in a rush because he had a sick child to care for - very bizarre statement. As he pulled away, the officer that checked the tires said it was a perfect match, but since it was the colonel he didn't think they should request surveillance (the orders were that every tire match would result in surveillance). The other officer insisted, so it was called in. Williams cleaned his car the next day.

About the seizure that Jessica had, it happened at Tweed. Williams let her sleep for an hour and, when he woke her up, she had a seizure and begged him to take her to the hospital. He soothed her and told her that she would be fine (it is things like this that cause people like Appleby - and others - to believe he is capable of empathy). It's true that Jessica did not have a history of seizures, but I can see the possibility that after waking up at Tweed and realizing the horror of her situation, she could have had a seizure or hyperventilated - she was terrorized.

And true ... the officer that stopped at Jessica's house knew her. Williams vehicle was parked in the back of the acreage and she noticed it as out of place. She went to the house and knocked on the door but no one was home, and all appeared to be well. Williams, at that time, was standing in the back yard and did not know that it was a police car. He was doing surveillance on the house at the time. He left and returned to the house later that evening when Jessica was asleep. There was another vehicle that drove by later, with two men, and they too noticed the unusual vehicle in the back of the acreage and reported it to police after Jessica was reported missing.

the book seems to differ slightly from what had been reported..I thought we were led to believe that he was stopped at night not in the morning, after leaving the base for drive home to Tweed. Also I had thought that he waited out back for Jessica to return home without leaving the scene.

You have misread that, Otto.

The roadside check started at 7:00 pm and ended at 6:00 am, "long after the Belleville bars had closed". The Roadside Check was done in the same way as the roving Ride Checks, and in fact LE asked everyone if they had been drinking, before they questioned them about their drive one week before.

LE wasn't quite set up for the Roadside Check when RW went through, but they flagged him anyway, because of the type of vehicle he was driving.

the book seems to differ slightly from what had been reported..I thought we were led to believe that he was stopped at night not in the morning, after leaving the base for drive home to Tweed. Also I had thought that he waited out back for Jessica to return home without leaving the scene.

Yes, you're right ... it was early Thursday evening, Feb 4, around 7 PM (my mistake). The roadblock check stop ran until 6 the following morning. Jessica had been attacked exactly one week earlier so they were obviously trying to catch traffic that normally passed that way at that time. (pg 165)

It was around 9:30 PM that the officer stopped to check the house. Williams broke in and then left. He went home, changed, got his kit, left his blackberry at home, and then returned to the Jessica's house. The first photo was at 1:19 AM. (pg 180).

Pretty accurate review. I've just read the first 3 chapters so far and feel the book was worth getting. It's very easy reading, unlike most other true crime books, e.g. the Bandido Massacre. I'm getting a much clearer picture of Williams than I've gotten so far from all the media reports.

It's an easy read. I picked it up one evening and didn't notice the time until it was 4:30 in the morning. I finished it the next day.

Yes, you're right ... it was early Thursday evening, Feb 4, around 7 PM (my mistake). The roadblock check stop ran until 6 the following morning. Jessica had been attacked exactly one week earlier so they were obviously trying to catch traffic that normally passed that way at that time. (pg 165)

It was around 9:30 PM that the officer stopped to check the house. Williams broke in and then left. He went home, changed, got his kit, left his blackberry at home, and then returned to the Jessica's house. The first photo was at 1:19 AM. (pg 180).

okay..that second part is new to me...interesting that he LEFT his cell phone at home...smart *advertiser censored* wasn't he...still attempting to outsmart...

thanks for the update Otto........

okay..that second part is knew to me...interesting that he LEFT his cell phone at home...smart *advertiser censored* wasn't he...still attempting to outsmart...

thanks for the update Otto........

Williams seemed to think he had it all figured out and that he knew how to outsmart police, but I watched the police interviews with him yesterday and I thought he was completely unfamiliar with police interviews.

Police said that they were executing search warrants on his home as they spoke, but I don't think that was entirely true. I doubt a matched tire tread was enough for a search warrant on the Colonel's house. Perhaps after matching the footprint, an application for a search warrant was being drawn up ... by whatever assistant chief crown prosecutor had the weekend rotation ... but that had to be drafted, and signed by a judge before the search could take place. I think Smyth told a number of lies to lead Williams to believe that he was caught ... clever police work, but at the same time ... if Williams really was aware of how police operate, he wouldn't have willingly given them so much information.

I wondered how things would have gone if he had lawyered up and refused to provide any information ... like boot prints, DNA and so on. I think it would have delayed the inevitable, made it more difficult for police, and put Williams in a position where he would have had to explain himself to his superior officers (ie: why wouldn't he provide DNA, et cetera). I think he knew right away that giving his DNA would lead to his arrest, but I think that at the same time he was hoping to pull rank, so to speak; hoping that police were only doing some routine collection of DNA and that it would be put on a shelf for months (like in the Bernardo investigation).

One other point that was in the book was that Williams seemed to have all sorts of information from police files, information that was not normally available to the public. The book does not answer how he got that information. I wonder if his position in the military gave him access to that information.

Also, regarding stalking M-F, he said in the interview that he first started paying attention to her (stalking) in October. He murdered her on November 24. That tells us that he planned the murder for at least a month (maybe 6 weeks).

I'm looking at the timeline (http://www.durhamregion.com/article/163974) and I think the home of the music teacher (who taught at the base) was broken into on Nov 16. It is recorded as two breakins: Nov 16 and 17, but I think the woman and her friend are pretty sure that Williams was in the house when she came home to change, and that he left after she went to the party. I think that she was as much a target as M-F, but that the music teacher escaped murder because her male neighbour was with her at the house.

Out of curiosity, I was just looking on Google earth at the approximate location where the music teacher lived. There are a lot of rural properties in the area and someone would not know from driving long the road that a woman lived alone. That is, there are a lot of properties that are close to the road and there's nothing about her place that stands out. I think that Williams accessed information that he had available as Colonel on the base to get her home address ... and thank goodness the guy next door was looking out for her. If he had not told her to bring her pajamas to stay the night at his place, and if he had not returned to her house with her the next morning ... things could have been different for her. I think she is well aware of this ... in interviews, she says that she is alive because she has something more to do in life, that she was spared for a reason.

One other point that was in the book was that Williams seemed to have all sorts of information from police files, information that was not normally available to the public. The book does not answer how he got that information. I wonder if his position in the military gave him access to that information.

Also, regarding stalking M-F, he said in the interview that he first started paying attention to her (stalking) in October. He murdered her on November 24. That tells us that he planned the murder for at least a month (maybe 6 weeks).

I'm looking at the timeline (http://www.durhamregion.com/article/163974) and I think the home of the music teacher (who taught at the base) was broken into on Nov 16. It is recorded as two breakins: Nov 16 and 17, but I think the woman and her friend are pretty sure that Williams was in the house when she came home to change, and that he left after she went to the party. I think that she was as much a target as M-F, but that the music teacher escaped murder because her male neighbour was with her at the house.

Out of curiosity, I was just looking on Google earth at the approximate location where the music teacher lived. There are a lot of rural properties in the area and someone would not know from driving long the road that a woman lived alone. That is, there are a lot of properties that are close to the road and there's nothing about her place that stands out. I think that Williams accessed information that he had available as Colonel on the base to get her home address ... and thank goodness the guy next door was looking out for her. If he had not told her to bring her pajamas to stay the night at his place, and if he had not returned to her house with her the next morning ... things could have been different for her. I think she is well aware of this ... in interviews, she says that she is alive because she has something more to do in life, that she was spared for a reason.

I have always believed that RW knew alot more about his victims than just a random chance encounter that they lived alone. MF he would have known as she would have worked with him..the music teacher more than likely crossed his path on the base ie: officer's mess (as being a teacher, although a civie, she would have still had officer status and would have been able to use the officers mess...and he would have been able to access info about her...Jessica puzzled me but I have always wondered if he had met her in that bar where he used to drop into for the odd beer at least once aweek in Belleville...these three women all had something in common besides living alone and that was an involvement with the military...

I have always believed that RW knew alot more about his victims than just a random chance encounter that they lived alone. MF he would have known as she would have worked with him..the music teacher more than likely crossed his path on the base ie: officer's mess (as being a teacher, although a civie, she would have still had officer status and would have been able to use the officers mess...and he would have been able to access info about her...Jessica puzzled me but I have always wondered if he had met her in that bar where he used to drop into for the odd beer at least once aweek in Belleville...these three women all had something in common besides living alone and that was an involvement with the military...

I would agree. Williams said that he targeted Jessica because he saw her working out in her basement, but I highly doubt that is true. There has to be another reason why he focused on her ... and I agree that they crossed paths somewhere ... probably 4-6 weeks before she was attacked. M-F, the music teacher, Jessica and perhaps more women were being stalked by Williams well before he first entered their homes.

It's surprising how many victims thought their missing underwear was a prank. M-F noticed missing underwear and blamed a boyfriend. The music teacher noticed her missing sex toys and also thought it was a prank. She wasn't going to report it because she and her friend thought the police would laugh about it ... but after Williams left the message on the computer telling her to go ahead and call police, she realized how serious it was. I watched a number of interviews with victims and, quite often, the first thought when learning that underwear was missing was to think that it was misplaced or a prank.

I've been looking at maps to see the relationships between Brighton (M-F Comeau), Trenton Base, Belleville, Highway 37 (Jessica's house), further along Highway 37 (music teacher's house), Cary Road (where Jessica was found), Tweed, and then Ottawa. These areas were spread out in such a way that I think it is remarkable and commendable that police connected all the dots and zeroed in on Williams. Ontario police had a history of not working together, but I think we can be sure that they've overcome that problem.

I need to add something to what I wrote earlier ... I thought that police pulled Williams in based on the tire tread match, but I now understand it better. In fact, it looks like the only vehicle that when through the check stop with matching tires was Williams. Police then looked at the bigger picture and made connections between the break-ins in Ottawa (in his neighbourhood), in Tweed (in his neighbourhood), the military connection with M-F and the music teacher, Highway 37, questioning his neighbour as a suspect ... and it all fell into place. I think that after the tire tread match, and connecting Williams with all the other information, they probably did have a search warrant for his Ottawa house by the time they brought him in for questioning.

I think it would be very interesting to study and analyze Williams notes about his crimes, as they would provide a very rare window into the mind of a very dangerous man.

I would agree. Williams said that he targeted Jessica because he saw her working out in her basement, but I highly doubt that is true. There has to be another reason why he focused on her ... and I agree that they crossed paths somewhere ... probably 4-6 weeks before she was attacked. M-F, the music teacher, Jessica and perhaps more women were being stalked by Williams well before he first entered their homes.

Otto, I do believe RW stalked JL more than just the night before. He stalked her more than 4-6 weeks before. He stalked her when the grass was still green.

Stalking his victims was as big a part of the crime as the acts committed.

Here is my previous post with links, that explains why I think this:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GUILTY Russell Williams, 82 add'l charges - PLEADS GUILTY #5 & stripped of Mil.Rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97