CANADA Canada - Marilyn Bergeron, 24, Loretteville, QC, 17 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=youtube;hOrA6u5vtVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrA6u5vtVI[/video]

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/30486/0/
Went for a walk and was never seen again. Has ties to Quebec and Orange County, California
attachment.php

Attachments

• img_56832.jpeg
    img_56832.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 44
Parents are making their annual media blitz at the disparition anniversary this weekend. Amazing how little has been gathered by law enforcement since she disappeared. It's like it happened yesterday!

I live on the south shore of Montreal. I have parents in Quebec City. I work in Montreal. Where things stands I wonder if I would not be doing a better job than LE on finding something to help locate her.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/marilyn-bergeron-missing-1.4541317
Feb 18 2018
[h=1]Family of Marilyn Bergeron, missing for 10 years, fighting for change[/h]
[h=3]Quebec police need to revolutionize the way they handle missing persons cases, family says[/h]
[h=2]Police need more powers, mother says[/h] Béchard wants police to be given more powers to find missing adults, like in Alberta. The Missing Persons Act, passed in 2012, granted police access to personal information such as cell phone records, computer records and financial records when they are investigating a missing persons case.

She said with an existing blueprint of what such a law could look like, it shouldn't be hard for Quebec to adopt something similar.

Bergeron's sister Nathalie called on authorities to improve the centralized database of information on missing people and make it more accessible. She said some names are missing from the database, for example.
Nathalie Bergeron, who now lives in the U.S., says in that country the information is much easier to find.

[h=2]$30K reward offer extended, march planned[/h]
The family is extending the offer of a $30,000 reward for information on Bergeron's whereabouts until May 17.

Since increasing the amount of the reward last year, they received about 80 tips from the public.
Béchard wants to see missing persons cases treated like homicides. She said they are going through the same process as families of homicide victims, but they can't start mourning since there is hope Bergeron is still alive.

March held near Quebec City for missing woman
April 29, 2018

LÉVIS — The parents of a woman who disappeared in the Quebec City area 10 years ago have organized a march in her memory Sunday afternoon in Lévis.

Andrée Béchard and Michel Bergeron said they still hope to find their daughter alive.

Marilyn Bergeron was 24 when she went missing on Feb. 17, 2008. After leaving home in Loretteville, she made a withdrawal at an ATM. She was last seen later that day buying a coffee in St-Romuald.

Police investigations in Quebec City, Montreal and Western Canada failed to find a trace of her.

A $30,000 reward has been offered for information that could help find her.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/march-held-near-quebec-city-for-missing-woman

Missed this intriguing but alarming article from 2017.
Rbbm. what could it be?
Quebec woman missing since 2008: reports of 43 possible sightings since February | The Western Star
"MONTREAL — The parents of a Quebec woman who went missing nearly 10 years ago say there have been 43 reported sightings since last February.

Marilyn Bergeron was 24 years old when she disappeared on Feb. 17, 2008, from the family home in the Quebec City area.

She had just returned to live with her parents after being in Montreal for three years and they have said she was struggling emotionally with something."
"Jonathan Gauthier, who knew Bergeron, attended Friday's news conference and said she had changed just before her disappearance.

Gauthier recalled a conversation they had at his apartment in December 2007.

"She cried and she told me something had happened," he said. "She couldn't tell me, she wouldn't tell me. I asked her whether she had been raped or something like that and all of her answers were, "No, it's worse, it's worse.'''

Gauthier said he then asked her whether she'd witnessed a murder and that she replied, 'No, it's worse. You just can't imagine what happened.'"

The logical question is : What could possibly be worse than witnessing a murder or getting raped? The only people that know would be the ones involved in her disappearance.

The logical question is : What could possibly be worse than witnessing a murder or getting raped? The only people that know would be the ones involved in her disappearance.

Witnessing a murder very bad, forced participation worse.
speculation, imo.

There's no shortage of speculations, it's one of those cases where I believe the victim's friend know exactly what happened but won't come forward.

TV Hebdo - Où es-tu? | Affaires non classées
http://www.tvhebdo.com/article/photo/28888
Jan 2019 rbbm.
482x276_c784f40e54d1dc5235884aec720bee2122624111.jpg

Marilyn Bergeron | Photo: © ME AND CIE

"The disappearance of a "fairy"

The first show is dedicated to Marilyn Bergeron, a 24-year-old student, petite and radiant, whom her entourage compared to a fairy. She vanished on February 17, 2008, a week after leaving her Montreal apartment to seek refuge with her parents in the Quebec City area. She greeted her mother before going for a walk and never returned.

At that time, the young woman was passing through a difficult period without a doubt. The woman who hated being questioned had confessed to her mother that she had had questionable dating and was worried about her safety. "Mentally, my daughter was not well," says her mother, Andrée Béchard, who then suggested that she meet a psychologist, which Marilyn did. However, that did not stop her from disappearing, she was seen after her departure at an ATM, then at a cafe in Saint-Romuald, 21 km from the family home. After these two stops, there is no solid track, although, according to some testimonies, Marilyn was seen in Hawkesbury, hub of human trafficking.

The impact on the family

Although Marie-Claude Barrette recounts all the details of the disappearance with Marilyn's relatives, she goes beyond the police investigation by showing how such a tragedy affects loved ones in all spheres of their lives and to what extent they are isolated in their despair. Thus, it is alone, without any help of the police, that Michel Bergeron carried out a fight in the woods behind the Café Dépôt where his daughter was seen for the last time.

Andrée Béchard, she devoted for four years dozens of hours to assemble a file on the disappearance of her daughter, begging the authorities that a single window is created for cases of disappearance, as is the case in the States -United. She still hopes that the investigation into her daughter will be transferred to the Sûreté du Québec, which has more resources, which is denied by the Quebec City Police Service, which is responsible for the file.

As for Nathalie, Marilyn's big sister, she continues to look for her everywhere, even going to the cameras Where are you? , visit one of the hottest neighborhoods in Los Angeles, where drug addicts, convicted criminals, wanted criminals and homeless people rub shoulders with the police.

Untie languages

For Marie-Claude Barrette, it is certain that people hide information on each of the disappearances presented on the show. She wholeheartedly wants to do something useful by untying languages. "Marilyn Bergeron is somewhere, dead or alive. One says oneself: even if one thinks that she is dead, it is not necessary that it stops there, because one does only think it, explains the animator. The relatives of Marilyn, they, hope to see her come home and deposit each year a gift to his name under the Christmas tree. "I miss my daughter. I miss her like the first day, "admits her mother with emotion."

Marilyn Bergeron

Missing since the morning of February 17, 2008

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-6_8-11-25.png
    upload_2019-6-6_8-11-25.png
    577 bytes · Views: 4
I don't know why there isn't more discussion about this case. I read a lot of true crime cases. After so many, they tend to get a bit redundant, but for some reason, I find this case fascinating. Between the statements she made to her friend before leaving Montreal and the lack of information about her social circle in Montreal, it really makes for the perfect mystery.

After doing some research, I have some thoughts:

- "Steve's Music Store", her place of employment, is located in the "Red Light District".
I have never been to Montreal, but if this area is an epicenter of prostitution, then it wouldn't surprise me if she became involved in sex work.

-it seems that in late 2oo7 and early 2008, there was a mob war happening in Montreal which involved the Rizzuto Crime Family.

- She had drug issues in the past.

Organized crime usually controls the distribution of drugs and trafficking of humans. Further, being at odds or involved in anyway with the Rizzuto crime family would make most individuals fear for the safety of his/her life and the lives of those she loved. I wonder if she somehow got mixed up in that world.

I don't know why there isn't more discussion about this case. I read a lot of true crime cases. After so many, they tend to get a bit redundant, but for some reason, I find this case fascinating. Between the statements she made to her friend before leaving Montreal and the lack of information about her social circle in Montreal, it really makes for the perfect mystery.

After doing some research, I have some thoughts:

- "Steve's Music Store", her place of employment, is located in the "Red Light District".
I have never been to Montreal, but if this area is an epicenter of prostitution, then it wouldn't surprise me if she became involved in sex work.

-it seems that in late 2oo7 and early 2008, there was a mob war happening in Montreal which involved the Rizzuto Crime Family.

- She had drug issues in the past.

Organized crime usually controls the distribution of drugs and trafficking of humans. Further, being at odds or involved in anyway with the Rizzuto crime family would make most individuals fear for the safety of his/her life and the lives of those she loved. I wonder if she somehow got mixed up in that world.

I think there's not much discussion on this case because there's not much to discuss about. There's nothing out there. In 10 min you did the round on Google. And it's mostly sites repeating the same thing. They have nothing. A video. Kind of a timeline. That's it. And it's telling that LE at some point said it was suicide, ie they didn't take that seriously as a crime. How come Montreal Police is not involved? The family asked for the provincial police to take over. Apparently their call was not answered.

Not pretending to be able to solve this case, but I did some research in the archives of a local newspaper. Marilyn's mother told the press her daughter wasn't the same since October of the previous year. I found an article about 4 men beating up an homeless man on October 2nd, 5-10 min on foot from where Marilyn was working. What if she saw the whole thing. And what if she knew one of the four guys?

It's probably unreleated. But these possible connection need to be investigated. And right now not much seems to be done on that case.

Disappearance of Marilyn Bergeron - Wikipedia
This page was last edited on 12 January 2020, at 21:49 (UTC).

''Marilyn Bergeron was born in 1983[1] in Chicoutimi; the family moved to the Quebec City borough of Haute–Saint–Charles in 1998. Before then, at the age of 10, she began taking music lessons. At Roger-Comtois High School, her mother, Andrée Bechard, recalls Marilyn always trying to get a band together. Later, she attended Neufchâtel High School, where she furthered her musical interests with extracurricular programs.[4]

In an interview with Claude Poirier, Bergeron's parents recalled her as reckless, sometimes getting in trouble, and having friends who were bad influences. They also said she was open to and interested in all cultures and nationalities. She spoke English and her native French with equal fluency, had learned a little Spanish as well and was starting to learn Russian.[5]

After earning a degree in media arts and technology at Cégep de Jonquière,[4][a] and later taking classes at the Joliette campus of the Cégep régional de Lanaudière,[6] Bergeron moved to Montreal in 2005. There she worked as a sales assistant in Steve's Music Store, and did freelance sound editing work for local TV stations.[7] She was also training in finance at Industrial Alliance.[6] Her hope was to become a flight attendant and move to Western Canada within a few years.[4]

Early in 2008, Marilyn began telling her family that she no longer felt safe in Montreal and wanted to return to Quebec.[8] She told her mother that when she did, she would tell her why.[9] On February 10 of that year, she abruptly left her apartment on Hochelaga Street in the Hochelaga-Maisonneuve neighborhood of Montreal, and returned to her parents' house. Six days later, after two more trips to Montreal to retrieve belongings from her apartment, she had finally moved in with her parents again.[10]''

''Andrée Bechard confronted her daughter about what had happened in Montreal that so perturbed her that she had to return home so quickly and leave behind her life there, apparently for good. Marilyn specifically denied that her problems involved drugs, debts, or a relationship. When Andrée then asked Marilyn if she had been "assaulted", Marilyn said nothing and her face took on a pained expression and she began crying. Andrée said that if she would not talk to her mother, she had to talk to someone, and suggested she talk to a psychologist instead.[6][c]''

''Jonathan Gauthier, a friend of Marilyn's from college, had reconnected with her in Montreal in late 2007. On December 10, he told the media, he had gone to meet her and go out to a party. At her apartment, he was immediately struck by the difference in Marilyn's demeanor. Instead of being cheerful and upbeat as she had been previously, Gauthier says, she was downcast, listening to music in the dark.[16]

Marilyn's mood lifted somewhat when they went to the party, but then, Gauthier continued, after talking to a friend of hers Marilyn suddenly became anxious, as if that conversation had revived an unpleasant memory, and she asked to go home. Back at her apartment, he said, her mood further deteriorated and she began crying continuously. Attempting to calm her down, Gauthier asked if she had been raped, or witnessed a murder; she emphatically denied both.[16]''

Posted Marilyn's thread on Tammy L's thread because of what i perceive as a few similarities . imo.
FL - FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

41-8z5Z5KBL.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/Disappearance-Marilyn-Bergeron-Annie-Benton-ebook/dp/B07M6TGRX4
''With over 71,000 missing persons, Canada is one of the leading countries on this terrifying list. Even though the law enforcement is doing their best to locate these people, many of them slip through the cracks due to poorly led investigations. One of those cases is the disappearance of Marilyn Bergeron who was last seen in Quebec on February 17th, 2008. The city of Quebec is known as a safe place to live, and many of the residents love the fact that they can walk around their neighborhoods without fearing something bad might happen to them. So when a young woman vanished in the middle of the day, everyone was worried.''

Last edited:

Marilyn Bergeron, 24
Missing since 17 February 2008

LINKS:

The only thing I can think of worse than rape or murder, with or without organized crime being involved was if she saw children being sex trafficked. She would be too scared to tell anyone, even LE, in case they were taking bribes to look the other way. The guilt of helplessness would be hard for her to deal with. Just speculating though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back