CANADA Canada - Marilyn Bergeron, 24, Loretteville, QC, 17 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only thing I can think of worse than rape or murder, with or without organized crime being involved was if she saw children being sex trafficked. She would be too scared to tell anyone, even LE, in case they were taking bribes to look the other way. The guilt of helplessness would be hard for her to deal with. Just speculating though.

Taking bribes would mean it was going on for some time. From what I understand her behavior changed in a short period of time. But I like the idea that something "worst than rape and murder" would be related to children. Didn't think about that one.

Interesting that MB is also listed on an American (California) site.
Marilyn Bergeron
''Missing Person
Marilyn Bergeron
Marilyn-Bergeron-92505_0.jpg

Missing Since:
02/17/2008
Sex:
Female
DOB:
12/21/1983
Race:
White
Height:
5' 7"
Eyes:
Green
Weight:
115 lbs.
Hair:
Brown
Clothing:
Gray velvet pants, long black suede boots, and long black coat with fur hood
Scars/Marks/Tattoo:
Tattoo on left breast- Unicorn
Dental X-rays Available:
Yes
Marilyn was last seen on February 17, 2008, in Quebec, Canada
Contact
Agency:
Quebec (CAN) Police Services
Phone Number:
(418) 641-6291
Case Number:
2008-18087''

Lévis: déploiement policier qui pourrait avoir un lien avec une disparition

Quebec police are searching a residence in St-Romuald, a town on the south shore of Quebec City in connection to the disappearance.
Merci @Tarik!
Disappearance of Marilyn Bergeron: a residence in Lévis searched from top to bottom by the police | JDQ (journaldequebec.com)
''Of note, the excavated house is located two blocks from the former Café Dépôt in Saint-Romuald, the last place where the young woman was seen in 2008. At the time, Andrée Béchard said she was waiting for a reassuring phone call from her daughter. She is still waiting 14 years later.

Authorities deployed a command post a week ago in hopes of gathering additional information.''

The owner of the house claimed they won't find her, a rather broad statement to make. A reporter from FM93, a local radio, tried to get him to talk more but he wouldn't.

Thanks for the English article, all I could find was in French.

Not pretending to be able to solve this case, but I did some research in the archives of a local newspaper. Marilyn's mother told the press her daughter wasn't the same since October of the previous year. I found an article about 4 men beating up an homeless man on October 2nd, 5-10 min on foot from where Marilyn was working. What if she saw the whole thing. And what if she knew one of the four guys?

It's probably unreleated. But these possible connection need to be investigated. And right now not much seems to be done on that case.

I was just thinking about something like this as I was re-reading the posts here: If police looked at unsolved, horrible tragedies that took place at the time in areas she frequented--perhaps it was one of these that Marilyn witnessed or knew about. Of course, it could be something no one knows anything about.

Also, (nothing to to with the post I replied to here), but I read on another forum that a couple of guys went to the exact ATM Marilyn was recorded and looked in the direction she seemed to be glancing at, and it would exactly be where a car would be parked as if waiting on her. That's not unexpected, but I thought interesting.

Lastly -- for the comments about the California postings -- American institutions can often be very insular and not make great measures for those outside to enter data, choose locations etc. and "CA" for California can often end up being substituted as if "CA" for Canada.

Thank you for the link!

The Service de police de Québec is asking for the public's help in finding this person.
Marilyn Bergeron

Marilyn Bergeron​

Missing since 17 February 2008

Video (WMV: 3 MB)

SEX​

Feminine

AGE​

33 years

Height​

1 m 70 (5 ft 7 in)

Weight​

52 kg (115 lb)

HAIR​

Brown

EYES​

Pers (blue green)

RACE​

White

ORIGIN​

---

CLOTHING​

She was dressed in a long black coat with fur hood, black suede boots with a fur outline and velvet pants.

PARTICULARITY(S)​

The young woman left the family residence saying she was going to take a walk. Her relatives have not seen her since. His family fears for his safety.

LAST VIEW​

February 17, 2008 at approximately 11:15 a.m. See the new photo and videotape of Marilyn Bergeron on February 17, 2008, when she went to the ATM on Boulevard de l'Ormière.

OTHER DETAIL(S)​

The investigation revealed that the same day (February 17, 2008), the young woman went at 11:09 a.m. to the Caisse populaire ATM located at 9850 de l'Ormière Boulevard. At 4:03 p.m., she allegedly made a transaction with a credit card at Café Dépôt located at 655 de la Concorde in Saint-Romuald. According to one witness, she was alone at the time. Reward up to $30,000.

Do you have information?​

Contact the Police Service by calling:
  • 911 for immediate assistance
  • 418 641-AGIR (1-888-641-2447) to leave a message about a non-urgent or non-urgent intervention.
You can also send us your information by email.

Last edited:
ADR TV was such a useful channel in Québec for anything crime related including disappearances, it's a shame it was shut down.

It's good the police are still searching. I wonder what lead them to search that house for 2 days anyway?
A strong tip must have come in from somewhere.
Let's hope it's the start of something big.

Just spitballing, but I find it suspicious that the friend reconnected with her in late 2007 and it was early 2008 that she began telling her family she didn't feel safe in Montreal. It was when her family questioned her about being assaulted that she reportedly broke down in tears and had a pained expression. The only info we have about her saying that what happened to her was worse than rape/murder is from said friend, and there is no way to confirm that this conversation ever happened. So it's possible that the situation was about her being assaulted, perhaps by the friend or someone associated with him. I'd be interested to find out more about what the family knew about their relationship from Marilyn directly and how much was told to them afterwards by him.

Are you talking about Jonathan Gauthier?

If so, this is from a Journal de Montréal article from November 2017 where he mentions the conversation he had with Marilyn: 'I have known Marilyn for a very long time. We studied ATM (program at Jonquière's college) together. We lost touch with each other for a few months. When I moved back to Montréal, we reconnected on Facebook. On December 10, we got in touch with each other because we wanted to see each other. I went to meet her at her house. Something was wrong. She was a happy girl before. I arrived at her house. She was in the dark and she was playing music. She looked extremely sad. We went to a friends party in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve. It was a nice evening until she began chatting with a friend. This discussion brought back memories. She became anxious. I picked up the conversation in the hallway. When she got home, she burst into tears. She was really sad and afraid of something. She was inconsolable. She didn't want to tell me. I tried to put her at ease. I asked her if she had witnessed a murder. She replied: "No, it’s worse. Jo, you can't even imagine what I've been through." I tried to get her to talk for three or four hours. I felt like she didn't want to put me in danger."

He came out publicly to tell this story.

If so, this is from a Journal de Montréal article from November 2017 where he mentions the conversation he had with Marilyn: 'I have known Marilyn for a very long time. We studied ATM (program at Jonquière's college) together. We lost touch with each other for a few months. When I moved back to Montréal, we reconnected on Facebook. On December 10, we got in touch with each other because we wanted to see each other. I went to meet her at her house. Something was wrong. She was a happy girl before. I arrived at her house. She was in the dark and she was playing music. She looked extremely sad. We went to a friends party in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve. It was a nice evening until she began chatting with a friend. This discussion brought back memories. She became anxious. I picked up the conversation in the hallway. When she got home, she burst into tears. She was really sad and afraid of something. She was inconsolable. She didn't want to tell me. I tried to put her at ease. I asked her if she had witnessed a murder. She replied: "No, it’s worse. Jo, you can't even imagine what I've been through." I tried to get her to talk for three or four hours. I felt like she didn't want to put me in danger."

I don't know why, and it is based in nothing other than my reading, but I get a "The Lady doth protest too much, methinks," vibe from that.

10 November 2017
''Jonathan Gauthier met Marilyn Bergeron a few weeks before her disappearance. He said publicly Friday morning that the young woman was scared and had experienced something "worse than witnessing a murder."
''Accompanied by Marilyn's mother, Andrée Béchard, and lawyer Marc Bellemare, Jonathan Gauthier confirmed that something was wrong with Marilyn at all.''
1661696753863.png
rbbm 2017
1661697632660.png
''She was crying, she seemed to be afraid of something," the young man said.

He adds that Marilyn didn't want to talk about what was terrorizing her. He let the young woman sleep at his house and said he heard her cry all night. "The next day, when I got up, she had gone home. I was worried about her and told friends and family about it."

"Today we are convinced that something serious has happened to him. She was afraid to stay at her apartment. It looked like a girl in shock. What was Marylin afraid of? Who was Marylin afraid of? Why was Marilyn afraid?" the mother asks.

She also remembers a conversation with Marylin. "I asked her if she had any drug problems, she said no. Love problems, she said no. When I talked about assault, she started crying..."

The family's lawyer, Marc Bellemare, added that the family had received 43 reports about Marylin after her disappearance. "Many have seen it in Ontario or in the direction of Ontario. She was reportedly seen at Kingston Station and Hawkesbury."

Last edited:
A witness from Hawkesbury in Ontario has come out to claim he met Marilyn there in December 2009 so almost 2 years after she disappeared. The Bergeron family and the family's lawyer have held a presser in Hawkesbury today to call for people to come forward about possible sightings.

A witness from Hawkesbury in Ontario has come out to claim he met Marilyn there in December 2009 so almost 2 years after she disappeared. The Bergeron family and the family's lawyer have held a presser in Hawkesbury today to call for people to come forward about possible sightings.
Thank you for the heads up!
Lengthy article.
1666982207104.png
The family showed this picture of Marilyn Bergeron with blonde hair at a news conference Friday. (Bergeron family)

Laura Marchand · Oct 28, 2022

''Guy Salicco and his wife were sleeping in their Hawkesbury, Ont. home when their doorbell rang.

It was 2 a.m. on a cold, wet December night in 2009. Salicco said that when he opened the door, he came face-to-face with Marilyn Bergeron — a young woman who had disappeared from Quebec City the year before.

But he didn't know that at the time. He only realized who had shown up on his doorstep three months later, when he saw a picture of Bergeron online.

Now, 14 years and eight months after her disappearance, Bergeron's family is asking Ontario residents to come forward, as Salicco has, if they've seen Marilyn.

Her mother, Andrée Béchard, said that in the years since her disappearance, new information suggests their daughter may be somewhere in Ontario.

If anyone knows anything, "we're asking you to break your silence, to let go of your secret, to free us from fifteen years of suffering," Béchard said.''

''Appeared in distress

When Salicco opened the door that night, he said the woman in front of him was "cold, frail, wet" and barely dressed for the weather. All she had was a light jacket, a white T-shirt, jeans and high heels.

And she was crying. According to Salicco, she said she was looking for someone in Hawkesbury, and asked if she could come in and use the phone.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back