CANADA Canada - Matthew Kustra, 27, Montreal, QC, 4 Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/matthew-kustra-missing-1.3742187
2 years after Matthew Kustra's disappearance, family still seeks answers

‘We have no closure, we have no answers. We have nothing,' mother Janice Kronen-Kustra says

By Emily Brass, Last Updated: Aug 31, 2016
Kronen-Kustra said her son inherited a large sum of money and put much of it into a bar that used to be on Sherbrooke in NDG, called Liquid Lounge.
"He said I'm only 27 and already I'm a co-owner," Kronen-Kustra recalled.
"He was quite excited. He said when you come to Montreal you can come and see it. But that never did come about."
In her view, Matthew was young and naive and never had his name put on the paperwork.
The bar has since lost its licence and was shut down after a series of troubling incidents.
According to the liquor board's decision, there were two attempted murders there last year, as well as an attempted arson, and a robbery and beating.

Police are still investigating Kustra's disappearance.

"We're looking into every hypothesis," said Montreal police spokesman Const. Jean-Pierre Brabant, who says the case is being treated as a missing persons investigation.
"We're looking at all the clues we got, to understand the circumstances of his disappearance. But we're still trying to know if a criminal act was committed."

According to this article, the bar owner since 2013 is Christopher Thomson. It seems that MK's name was not on any legal paper of ownership. Am i right? Mk inherited a large sum of money that he invested all in the bar.

June 24 2020
Human remains may be connected to 2014 N.D.G. missing-persons case | Montreal Gazette
''Police are testing DNA samples from bones recovered near the cliffs on the south end of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce to see if they may be connected to a missing-persons case from 2014.

Technicians will compare the bones to a DNA sample provided by the mother of Matthew Kustra, a young father last seen walking out of PJ’s Pub in N.D.G. That’s according to a post by Kustra’s mother, Janice Kronen-Kustra, on a Facebook page dedicated to his memory.''

''Around 9:30 p.m. Sunday, a city of Montreal employee called 911 after coming across human remains in a wooded area behind the Quilles G Plus bowling alley on St-Jacques St. near Cavendish Blvd. The area is just a few feet from the cliffs that overlook Highway 20 and a short walk from the building that once housed PJ’s Pub.''

Human remains may be connected to 2014 N.D.G. missing-persons case
''A police source told the Montreal Gazette it’s possible the remains are linked to Kustra’s disappearance, but that’s just one of several theories.

“It will take some time to do the analysis,” said Caroline Chèvrefils, a spokesperson for the Montreal police. “All I can say for sure is police didn’t find a whole skeleton — only remains, only bones.”

Last edited:
This is the second set of remains found in the same area. Did I miss if anyone was identified in 2015 when the first body was found? Montreal has its share of crime but to have two sets of remains found in the same area is beyond weird.
His mom seems to feel that he was murdered by associates involved in the Liquid Lounge. What are we thinking here? Mafia? The NDG area is no stranger to Mafia hits

Not officially confirmed, but according to an FB post by MG`s sister, the dna does not match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina
Back