GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Howard's post on his Facebook wall on Tuesday, July 30th:

Howard Richmond
Tuesday via mobile

My Melissa has left this world... But at the same time one close friend is getting married, another celebrates 25 years of marriage and yet another is about to give birth.

Weirdo hink post IMO. Also why was his friend Shelly all about glorifying him in her interviews with the media and her posts? GMAB. JMO

Apparently Howard was driven to the police station by a friend. Not sure if the article originally said that he drove himself and has since been updated or what. I could have swore I read he drove himself.

Howard Richmond, 50, was driven by a friend to Ottawa police headquarters Friday at 11 a.m. ET on his way to his wife's wake in Pembroke, which is west of Ottawa.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...nd-arrested-in-relation-to-death-of-wife.html

ETA: Original articles just said he came to the police headquarters on his "own accord"

Castle Greyskull is being guarded by LE.

si-ott-richmond-truck-220.jpg

Ottawa police searched the home of Howard and Melissa Richmond Friday, and towed away a truck. (Jean Delisle/CBC)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...nd-arrested-in-relation-to-death-of-wife.html

Horrific shock for most, I am sure.

1310News ‏@1310news 29m

RT @1310Kristy: Friends and family of Melissa Richmond have gathered at the Neville funeral home in Pembroke for the visitation. #OttNews

https://twitter.com/1310news

Did he even give the correct description of her car to LE? Were they not looking for the wrong car and stated that the car found near Denny's was not the car they were looking for? So bizarre.

Who called 911 and when?

Did he even give the correct description of her car to LE? Were they not looking for the wrong car and stated that the car found near Denny's was not the car they were looking for? So bizarre.

Who called 911 and when?

The mistake, unless someone knows of a legitimate reason to believe otherwise, seems to have been that the OPP were looking for the car, but the Ottawa Police were not.

474 Elgin St., Ottawa Police Headquarters......exact same location where Russell Williams went and was 'interviewed' by Det. Smyth :)

Our Canadian Military did NOT need another high profile murder case to deal with.

I am willing to bet that the MP's had his personnel file handed over to LE right from the get go.

No wonder the cop at the roadside block looked at STR oddly.

LE was ON this from the beginning.

Thank-God.

I wondered if she was flirting with someone when they were out with friends (upsetting her husband) and I wondered if, now that she had the financial assets, she was thinking about leaving her husband.

Probably something along those lines.

They obviously had a large active social group so she would know plenty of other men and may have had her eye on someone else.

Maybe she had second thoughts about spending the rest of her life with a man as old as Howard and wanted to be with someone closer to her own age.

Or maybe she just wanted to out to experience being single again because she has spent her whole adult life with this guy.

They would have hooked up before she was 19 unless they practically got engaged on their first date with him being 40-41. She may have began to regret committing to him as a teenager, when most people that age don't always make the best decisions.

Or just maybe she had a gut feeling this guy was becoming a real nut job...

only thing for me that doesn't make sense is her cell phone being left at home but that could be a red herring OR she did leave it at home, he found something on it he didn't like and then hunted her down

That actually makes perfect sense to me. I live in a rural area, and the only time I've taken a midnight drive to the city alone and not bothered to pick up my phone was in the middle an argument. :/

I'm not surprised. I suspected it would be him from the start but since there was a warning about not inferring that he was a suspect until ... well.. until he was, I didn't have anything else to contribute.

The late night drive after an evening out with friends, the cell phone left behind, it just raised nine kinds of red flags for me.

But why dump her there? So strange. They live in the boonies. I guess he wanted a story about her going off alone to a specific destination. Was there video of him there? Where is the blood?

I'm not surprised. I suspected it would be him from the start but since there was a warning about not inferring that he was a suspect until ... well.. until he was, I didn't have anything else to contribute.

The late night drive after an evening out with friends, the cell phone left behind, it just raised nine kinds of red flags for me.

I felt the same way.

But why dump her there? So strange. They live in the boonies...

More chance of a random attack in the city, presumably. And it's the last place you'd expect someone with lots of available open area to go. Yet she happened to end up in the city in a spot that just happened to have really good cover. Indicates premeditation IMO. Ideally that sort of circumstantial evidence will at least take the wind out of the sails of any insanity defense.

The first red flag for me was his interview with the CBC and how he felt when she didn't come back home that night : "I was very confused, very frightened." "I started panicking. I tried to rationalize it." -- Not worried. Confused, frightened and panicking. About what...?? And I read somewhere in the Sun, but can't find the article, that he reported her missing only Thursday night. Was he still trying to "rationalize it"?

Then wanting to make sure that CBC knew he had PTSD: "I don't know if CBC knows but I'm going through treatment for PTSD." ???

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...nsify-search-for-richmond-murder-suspect.html

Then, as someone else pointed out, his weird message on Facebook: "My Melissa has left this world ... But at the same time one close friend is getting married, another celebrates 25 years of marriage and yet another is about to give birth." WTH.....??

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/07/30...-melissa-richmond-as-cops-search-nearby-field

Something I don't understand is how come her car was only spotted Friday night in the parking lot by someone at Denny's when the last time she was seen – well, that’s what the husband said -- was when she left home at 11:30 Wednesday night??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firefly64
Back