GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know about her being killed very near to where she was found.

WTF?

Maybe they actually DID find the murder weapon in the Chesterville area.

JMO

Perhaps he forgot to shut off his cell phone and that's what led police to the Chesterville area.

image.jpg

Cornwall Ontario Police Chief Dan Parkinson in an earlier interview stated that the largest amount of domestic issues stem from couples with large age differences.

UPDATE 1:35 PM

The Joint Investigative Team of the Ottawa Police Service (OPS) and the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has arrested a 50-year-old man from Winchester, Ontario, in connection with the murder of 28-year-old Melissa Kelly Richmond.

The man is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice, in Ottawa on Saturday, August 3, 2013. He is facing a charge of murder.

The identity of the accused man will not be released until such time as he appears by video in court.

We will update this story as more information becomes available.

http://cornwallfreenews.com/2013/08...icide-of-wife-melissa-richmond-august-2-2013/

I'm a little surpised by the arrest only because I had gone away from my initial thoughts and started to feel sorry for the husband.

My first thought were related to the income of a soldier, that huge four bedroom house with no children and the fact that the much younger wife had probably changed a lot since the time of marriage ... that is, she completed the dental hygiene training and probably made a lot of new friends through both work and the medieval club between the ages of 20 and 28.

I wondered if she wanted a bigger better house, and whether he wanted to keep her happy even if it meant that they would financially over-extended (I don't know that they were, just speculation). I wondered if he wanted children and she kept putting it off. I wondered if she was flirting with someone when they were out with friends (upsetting her husband) and I wondered if, now that she had the financial assets, she was thinking about leaving her husband.

I don't know whether any of this is possible, but when a wife is murdered and the husband says that "she went for a late night drive alone", I have to wonder if there was an argument that led to murder. If there was an argument, I want to look at the known facts and try to understand where there could have been problems. The first red flag for me was the possibility of financial problems for the husband.

Does anyone know which house the search warrant is being conducted at?

Was Greyskull located south of the city?
Both houses are located in Winchester, but they haven't said which one is being searched.

I'm surprised that the murder was so well staged to look like a random act. The fact that she was partially clothed and stabbed ... it really did open the possibility that she was abducted at the restaurant, forced to the ravine/ditch area, raped and murdered.

His PTSD doesn't seem to have caused any problems in terms of calculatingly anticipating the actions of police during an investigation.

ETA ... I hope his PTSD is more real than that suffered by Jodi Arias

I'm surprised that the murder was so well staged to look like a random act. The fact that she was partially clothed and stabbed ... it really did open the possibility that she was abducted at the restaurant, forced to the ravine/ditch area, raped and murdered.

His PTSD doesn't seem to have caused any problems in terms of calculatingly anticipating the actions of police during an investigation.

I still wonder how he returned home that night. Too far from home for him to walk. Could he have followed her in his car? Or did he plant her car there the following day/night?

Also, his clothes would have been all bloodied, no?

I still wonder how he returned home that night. Too far from home for him to walk. Could he have followed her in his car? Or did he plant her car there the following day/night?

Maybe he has bike ... it wouldn't be too much to bike. Also, as a soldier, maybe he's pretty good at long distance running.

Gotta run for now, but definitely will put some thought into it.

"... Richmond, a warrant officer in the Canadian Armed Forces, came to the 474 Elgin St. police station Friday morning on his own accord."

Of course he did, because they asked him to come in for questioning..not because he happened to be in the area and felt like dropping in for a quick chat over coffee as all of his defenders are making it sound like on Melissa's memorial FB page.

He's obviously smart enough to know if he took off it would probably blow his "innocent husband" act.

The only piece that really didn't fit for me as far as the random attack story went was the purse being found in the car. Didn't really make sense to me that someone would attack before she got out of the car.

"... Richmond, a warrant officer in the Canadian Armed Forces, came to the 474 Elgin St. police station Friday morning on his own accord."

Of course he did, because they asked him to come in for questioning..not because he happened to be in the area and felt like dropping in for a quick chat over coffee as all of his defenders are making it sound like on Melissa's memorial FB page.

He's obviously smart enough to know if he took off it would probably blow his "innocent husband" act.

474 Elgin St., Ottawa Police Headquarters......exact same location where Russell Williams went and was 'interviewed' by Det. Smyth :)

ETA ... I hope his PTSD is more real than that suffered by Jodi Arias

I agree, and it is a shame that PTSD sufferers are tainted by criminal acts.

It must be a huge betrayal all around at this point.

LE do not arrest people for no reason.

I am 100% sure they have LOTS of evidence regarding WHO murdered Melissa.

JMO

So he drove to the police station. And a truck was towed from the home. I would imagine the 2004 Sebring that was Melissa's car is still impounded as well.

How many vehicles did they have?

I bet my shorts LE found blood in that truck.

JMO

so she likely did 'go for a drive' because he was being an idiot and he either followed her or went looking for her, fight ensued & he lost control, then he drove back home

only thing for me that doesn't make sense is her cell phone being left at home but that could be a red herring OR she did leave it at home, he found something on it he didn't like and then hunted her down

where's his clothes from that night and have they forensicly examined his vehicle?

what kind of vehicle did he drive?

Very interesting post on the Find Melissa Richmond Facebook group regarding the Denny's employee who persisted in finding the correct Police service to take his call about the car, because the first set of LE he called insisted that wasn't the vehicle they were looking for.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/450810338350757/

Help us Find Melissa Richmond Facebook Group

Closed Group
Memorial page for Melissa Richmond/Lady Aevia of Nordengal
Murdered in Ottawa 28 July 2013, beloved by many.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/450810338350757/

so she likely did 'go for a drive' because he was being an idiot and he either followed her or went looking for her, fight ensued & he lost control, then he drove back home

only thing for me that doesn't make sense is her cell phone being left at home but that could be a red herring OR she did leave it at home, he found something on it he didn't like and then hunted her down

where's his clothes from that night and have they forensicly examined his vehicle?

what kind of vehicle did he drive?

BBM

LE towed away a truck from his house this morning. (caption on photo)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...nd-arrested-in-relation-to-death-of-wife.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catdog1234
Back