GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
8743972.jpg

FRIDAY: An OPP investigator removes evidence from 2598 Summers Road near Winchester on Friday, August 2, 2013. This is the home belonging to murder victim Melissa Richmond and her husband Howard Richmond. Ottawa police searched through the home and took away bags of evidence. Melissa's body was found Sunday (July 28) near the South Keys mall in Ottawa.

Photograph by: Mike Carroccetto, Ottawa Citizen

http://www.driving.ca/investigator+...chester+Friday+August+2013/8743972/story.html

What you have written sends major warning signals to me. This spokesperson, the surrogate mother of Melissa, seems to have a lot of influence and is rather outspoken regarding how people should perceive events. I have to wonder how much influence she has had over the couple in the last 10 years.

I would even go so far as to ask whether anyone strongly encouraged the couple to borrow $435,000 to purchase a $370,000 house.

After reading about this SCA organisation since last week, I find it a little "sectarian". JMO

From the same article :

“We really thought she had just bugged out to be with a friend or something, or, that she had run off into a ditch and been injured,” Rabinovitch said. “Absolutely nobody assumed that a loved one goes away for an hour and is the victim of random violence.”

That's the first article that I've read that indicates she planned on being back in an hour.

Gone for an hour ... but the bells didn't go off for another 12 hours when family members (meaning the husband?) realized that she wasn't in Petawawa - 216 km away? That would be enough to raise the eyebrows of any investator.

"Alarm bells went off about 12 hours later, when family members realized she hadn’t made her way to Petawawa, where her military family resides, and she wasn’t with friends."

http://www.insideottawavalley.com/n...rth-dundas-woman-as-south-keys-murder-victim/

Hold on... The driving times people were throwing around on the last page (40-45min) are unrealistic. The speed limit is 80km/h, and having made this very drive numerous times I can tell you despite that most people would rather go 90-100km/h and as such it wouldn't be unrealistic to try to make the drive in 30 minutes or just over, especially in light night traffic where you're not likely to get stuck behind someone doing the actual speed-limit. Sure Google's numbers are possible, but they tend to overcompensate for traffic which doesn't exist at that time of day.

Continue...

The distance is 60 km, round trip is 120 km ... minimum driving time would be 1.5 hours.

Was anyone on the FB page when they said the media was giving out misinformation?
I read the page 3 times and still can't figure out what they were talking about.

They said on CBC news he was on suicide watch last night.

<raises hand> =)

Yeah,there were several instances where SR would try and discredit some media reports - and has used the phrase "sensationalistic reporting" on a few occasions.

The distance is 60 km, round trip is 120 km ... minimum driving time would be 1.5 hours.

When I google map from their summers rd house to south keys I get 45 km.....90 km round trip.....what am I missing?

60km from Chesterville to South Keys, not from their home. That's closer to 45, though most people would just round down, call it 40 from Winchester and say 30 minutes averaging for red lights/a bit of speeding.

Was anyone on the FB page when they said the media was giving out misinformation?
I read the page 3 times and still can't figure out what they were talking about.

They said on CBC news he was on suicide watch last night.

That would be because anything that was not directly related to either where some one had searched or supporting the searchers was deleted almost immediately, including media reports, referring to anything but the search. Whereas the posts referring to the original posts stayed up, making it very confusing.

Most of the references to media not publishing the right things were regarding the fact the body found was Melissa, or that the victim was partially clothed, and/or stabbed, and had trauma, and anything regarding whether or not H and M had a fight that night, or she ran off, etc. I was watching the page pretty closely, but I was not on the page the morning of the arrest until just before it began to be shut down, so I didn't see the ones about H directly.

I know I`ve said it before, and others as well, but I still can’t grasp how a grief-striken husband -- Melissa "the love of his life, his rock” -- overcome by tears in his interview with CBC and “completely shattered", as per a very good friend of theirs, at the news that she had been discovered -- in a ravine, dead, with multiple stab wounds -- could write on his FB page two days later: “My Melissa has left this world ... But at the same time one close friend is getting married, another celebrates 25 years of marriage and yet another is about to give birth".

As in, “Hey, life goes on”… WTH...??

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/07/30...-melissa-richmond-as-cops-search-nearby-field

Yet, people who have known him for almost a quarter of century, including his military and SCA friends, were not at all surprised by that status update, and did not think it all out-of-character for him, as either a grieving husband or as a prospective murderer. I'm not saying HR did not kill his wife, I'm just saying that looking at that status update and thinking it is a 'telling' statement, when it is actually completely in character for HR, as in he would have posted the same kind of statement if his wife had just died of cancer, is a red herring when it comes to finger pointing.

*rolls on the floor laughing for 10 minutes*

That's very... optimistic.

I've taken a few Religious Studies courses and never was the professor encouraging people to believe any particular set of beliefs. It was always an academic perspective of the history of the religions. Western religions, for example, is about Christianity, Islam and Judaism. There simply isn't room in a course like that to promote a singular set of beliefs.

Wicca, witchcraft and whatever else should be equally objective ... but I'm doubtful.

The difference is "straight line" like the crow flies, or "actual time" like the car drives.

http://ca.distancefromto.org/

No, that isn't the difference at all. That page calculates the distance from the center of Winchester to the center of Ottawa. South Keys is near the edge of Ottawa closest to Winchester. It's 15 km from South Keys to downtown Ottawa.

Does this look like MR, top left (and by deduction, HR bottom left)?
Members of House Addis at Summer Siege, June 2012
Odd that the woman next to MR would be holding a knife to the throat of the man in front of her, but I don't know the first thing about those role playing games.

Found on this page House Addis - The Kingdom of Ealdormere Wiki

It looks like her and the dress seems similar to one that she is wearing in another photo. Is the man with the knife to his throat the husband?

Wow! What an unusual hobby.

Yet, people who have known him for almost a quarter of century, including his military and SCA friends, were not at all surprised by that status update, and did not think it all out-of-character for him, as either a grieving husband or as a prospective murderer. I'm not saying HR did not kill his wife, I'm just saying that looking at that status update and thinking it is a 'telling' statement, when it is actually completely in character for HR, as in he would have posted the same kind of statement if his wife had just died of cancer, is a red herring when it comes to finger pointing.

Presumably his poetry is similarly upbeat?

Does this look like MR, top left (and by deduction, HR bottom left)?
Members of House Addis at Summer Siege, June 2012
Odd that the woman next to MR would be holding a knife to the throat of the man in front of her, but I don't know the first thing about those role playing games.

Found on this page House Addis - The Kingdom of Ealdormere Wiki

You are correct, that is MR and HR on the left of the picture as you are viewing it. As to the woman holding the knife, probably a joke between between the two people involved, who knows?

But I need to emphasize again, the SCA is not a 'role playing game', such as Dungeons and Dragons, etc., it is a medieval recreation Society. The only way I can try to explain the difference is that people who participate research a particular part of history, such as a time period and land, and then create a 'persona' that would fit into that time period and area. They are restricted from using the actual names, or pretending to be, any real or fictional people from history. They can not assume any 'titles' or 'roles' based on a historical figure, so someone couldn't decide to be 'Mary, Queen of Scots' and play that 'role'. What they do is try to learn as much about the daily life of the persona they have created, and try to recreate it as much as possible. However, they are still 'them', just them pretending to be a 10th century viking, or a 14th Century Englishman.

They are also not allowed to include religion in the SCA, not Wicah or anything else, unless done so privately.

While participating, they may chose to delve as deep as they wish into their chosen time period, or if they want, just scratch the surface. Many people with like interests hang out together and form 'households'. Unlike SCA groups, which are geographical, 'households' are not formally recognized, and are basically a group of people making an informal declaration of 'bonds' that have brought them together. Some households are 'military' based, some are structured to be like family, some are based on similar interests, like brewing, etc. There are no actual physical 'houses'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back