Found Deceased Canada - Naomi Onotera, 40, last seen @ home, suspicious, Langley, BC, 28 Aug 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

It’s interesting that the name of her husband as reported isn’t the name I’d seen shared online previously. This may mean nothing, internet can be like that, or it could be relevant. We’ll have to wait and see.

I’m very glad they have made progress though. I don’t think there was ever any doubt that something terrible had happened to this woman or that he was highly likely to be responsible.

I’m intrigued to know how Coquitlam features too. His story about his reasons for going there were never believable.

''2024-05-31 16:11 PDT

File # 2021-1125

The accused has now entered a guilty plea in the 2021 death of Naomi Onotera.''
''On May 31, 2024, Regis appeared in court, where he entered a plea of guilty to both charges. Sentencing in the matter is scheduled for June 2024.''

And it looks like with time already served, he will serve only about 12 more years in prison. That's shockingly low, imo, especially since the court was decrying domestic violence. If you're actually against DV, sentence the murderous husband to more than 16 years (only 11 of which were for the actual DV; the other 5 years are for desecration of a corpse). Naomi's family is not happy & I can see why. It seems so inadequate as a sentence.

And it looks like with time already served, he will serve only about 12 more years in prison. That's shockingly low, imo, especially since the court was decrying domestic violence. If you're actually against DV, sentence the murderous husband to more than 16 years (only 11 of which were for the actual DV; the other 5 years are for desecration of a corpse). Naomi's family is not happy & I can see why. It seems so inadequate as a sentence.
Much too lenient.

30 years minimum would be a great start!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back