ACTIVE SEARCH Canada - Nathan, 37, Vulnerable ('unable to care for self') Toronto (Jane/Sheppard) 12 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I tried to read the FB page but when I get to « more » it cuts me off. I’m very confused but I also am afraid to post my questions here.
I’m somewhat confused because on one hand they call themselves, “we, the family” and then it appears that perhaps they aren’t the family. If not family then we can’t discuss it here. Interesting tho.

But Nathan must be alive or we would have heard LE found him. That’s hopeful.
Though it is a city there are a number of forrested areas in the area he went missing. If he had been out overnight he may have found a secluded area in the woods to stay. I had hoped there would have been a large group of experienced hikers to search these areas.

As a hiker, I think there is really only one way you can determine something amiss in a heavily forested area in the summer, and that is odour. Maybe now that fall is approaching and trees shedding their clothes something more obvious will reveal itself.

I tried to read the FB page but when I get to « more » it cuts me off. I’m very confused but I also am afraid to post my questions here.
Also slightly confused but my take on the post was to ask people not to search the trailer as opposed to suggesting Nathan may be living there now. There are supposed to be neighbours on alert should he return to the trailer park.

I have been following this and understand from the post...

Nathan's sister and brother in law do not agree with the continual searching and stopped communicating with the cousins who have been searching a month after Nathan went missing. Thus the cousins did not know what was going on at the trailer and now know that it now belongs to the trailer park. My guess is the sister made that decision. The cousins now have a contact number for the police.

This is my understanding from reading the post on the FB group run by the cousins. I live in Toronto and have suspected for some time that the immediate family was not on board. The cousins state that the investigation is still ongoing. I would take this with a grain of salt. In my opinion the police would likely agree the case is open.

The Toronto police did an extensive search at the time utilizing extra officers, mounted unit and so on.

I have been following this and understand from the post...

Nathan's sister and brother in law do not agree with the continual searching and stopped communicating with the cousins who have been searching a month after Nathan went missing. Thus the cousins did not know what was going on at the trailer and now know that it now belongs to the trailer park. My guess is the sister made that decision. The cousins now have a contact number for the police.

This is my understanding from reading the post on the FB group run by the cousins. I live in Toronto and have suspected for some time that the immediate family was not on board. The cousins state that the investigation is still ongoing. I would take this with a grain of salt. In my opinion the police would likely agree the case is open.

The Toronto police did an extensive search at the time utilizing extra officers, mounted unit and so on.
I wonder why the immediate family doesn't want the investigation to continue. You would think they would want him found either alive or not.

And this is also MY dilemma. Who are Nathan's guardians? I'm afraid to post more here in case I break the rules.
Exactly. I am to the understanding (and could be completely wrong), but a person eligible for services which Nathan would need and be entitled to (special care, medication, benefits) would need to be applied for. Surely someone has done this in all his years? Those same people would need to prove they are applying on his behalf as legal custodians/guardians. Wouldn't he have a social worker? Or a doctor who could attest to his special needs? Wouldn't these legal custodians/guardians be legally responsible for his care/safety? If he had parents who had done this or not, and they passed away, wouldn't he become the ward of the court/state? If no one was willing to step up and apply for legal guardianship, then the courts would appoint someone. Maybe the family have notified the courts and this is in the process for the guardians' office to appoint, and how do you proceed if you don't' have a client?? Any Ontario lawyers out there from the Public Trustee's office that can explain the rules???

Exactly. I am to the understanding (and could be completely wrong), but a person eligible for services which Nathan would need and be entitled to (special care, medication, benefits) would need to be applied for. Surely someone has done this in all his years? Those same people would need to prove they are applying on his behalf as legal custodians/guardians. Wouldn't he have a social worker? Or a doctor who could attest to his special needs? Wouldn't these legal custodians/guardians be legally responsible for his care/safety? If he had parents who had done this or not, and they passed away, wouldn't he become the ward of the court/state? If no one was willing to step up and apply for legal guardianship, then the courts would appoint someone. Maybe the family have notified the courts and this is in the process for the guardians' office to appoint, and how do you proceed if you don't' have a client?? Any Ontario lawyers out there from the Public Trustee's office that can explain the rules???
My understanding is that Nathan moved to Toronto to live with a relative upon the death of his surviving parent. They have chosen to not engage the public IMHO there is nothing suspicious.

My understanding is that Nathan moved to Toronto to live with a relative upon the death of his surviving parent. They have chosen to not engage the public IMHO there is nothing suspicious.
Nothing suspicious denoted, only curiosity of the brain, regarding how Public Trustee office awards guardianship if client is missing, and secondly why guardian isn’t encouraging further searches, and lastly no LE updates. There certainly appears to be some family or friend estrangement, but that shouldn’t impinge the search for Nathan. His legal representative should be speaking up for him, thus the query as to if he has one. All just IMO, maybe I’ve missed LE update?

It does not matter who is in charge of his affairs...there is simply no place to search without some indication of where to search. I am confident LE would have given the most hopeful of scenarios but realistic ones as well. LE isn't likely to give the public their opinion. Some members of the family pushed hard for the theory that Nathan was on the road making his way to his old hometown This increased the search area to hundreds of kilometers with multiple groups of searchers. I do 't think more can be done without new information.

It does not matter who is in charge of his affairs...there is simply no place to search without some indication of where to search. I do 't think more can be done without new information.
I respectfully disagree, a legal guardian is important for mentally challenged individuals but agree with the rest. People forget quickly, cases go stale/cold fast, and LE resources are few and far between.

It does not matter who is in charge of his affairs...there is simply no place to search without some indication of where to search. I am confident LE would have given the most hopeful of scenarios but realistic ones as well. LE isn't likely to give the public their opinion. Some members of the family pushed hard for the theory that Nathan was on the road making his way to his old hometown This increased the search area to hundreds of kilometers with multiple groups of searchers. I do 't think more can be done without new information.
I personally think who is in charge of his affairs is important, if it is the OPGT, it is a very busy govt office. His disappearance should all be investigated and extended and all leads should be pursued to try and find this young man imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlukeBC
Back