Canada - Nathan Dumas, 7, slain, bank worker stabbed, St Catharines, ON, 17 Mar 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a piece of garbage. I hope they find him and he rots in prison.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...nted-in-death-of-7-year-old-stepson-1.4032257
Decal on driver's side rear window
attachment.php

Attachments

• justin-kuijer-niagara-police.jpg
    justin-kuijer-niagara-police.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 172
I wonder if he was trying to get a mortgage to possibly save his marriage. Like look what I did for us. Idk jmo or thoughts or whatever. Sad. I wonder where mom and the other kids where when this happened. I'm assuming the other kids are his maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the mortgage rules being even more stringent, maybe there was debt, etc., and was denied funding of some sort to improve their circumstances...mortgage, line of credit, consolidation, overdraft, credit card. Financial stress almost broke my husband and I. We sold our house to get out of debt and are now renting in KW. But honestly, its no secret that many Canadians' current household debt levels are unsustainable. Wonder if money somehow factors into this scenario.

With the mortgage rules being even more stringent, maybe there was debt, etc., and was denied funding of some sort to improve their circumstances...mortgage, line of credit, consolidation, overdraft, credit card. Financial stress almost broke my husband and I. We sold our house to get out of debt and are now renting in KW. But honestly, its no secret that many Canadians' current household debt levels are unsustainable. Wonder if money somehow factors into this scenario.

Wow such a similar story. I live in KW as well. We just sold our house for the exact same reasons. We are also now renting. Hahah. Small world.

Some more info:

Code:
[quote]
Dumas said her ex-boyfriend was a loving man and never showed any signs of aggression.

On Friday morning Dumas said she went out for breakfast with her friend. When she came back to her apartment where she and Kuijer were living, he had his bags packed and said he was leaving. Dumas said she wanted to break up with him because he refused to seek help for his depression.
[/quote]

http://www.chch.com/ex-girlfriend-wanted-man-stepfather-dead-son-speaks/

I didn't know Kuijer was depressed. Going to the bank probably did mean money issues.

Some more info:

Code:

http://www.chch.com/ex-girlfriend-wanted-man-stepfather-dead-son-speaks/

I didn't know Kuijer was depressed. Going to the bank probably did mean money issues.
Gavin said police first learned of trouble around 10:15 a.m. on Friday when police were called to a home above a sandwich store owned by the victim's grandparents.

He said a family member found Nathan suffering from critical injuries and had him rushed to a hospital, where the boy died the next day.
<snipped> http://www.thespec.com/news-story/7...st-catharines-man-wanted-in-death-of-stepson/
BBM
If Dumas and Kuijer's home was above a sandwich store, it sounds like they were renting and this wouldn't involve a mortgage, unless the situation is different in Canada. And, since the sandwich store is owned by WD's parents (I presume), wouldn't the property above the store also belong to them? Just thinking that, if Dumas and Kuijer were renting from family it seems that the owners would be more patient/lenient with them if they were having money issues.

I'm thinking that Kuijer alone had a money issue if he were no longer employed and now without a home. Likely, he was looking into a loan so he could rent an apartment. I imagine the depression was either a cause or result of his unemployment and would make him feel desperate in this situation and further depressed. With that in mind, I am more convinced than ever that he will not be found alive. I believe his intention when he began the crime spree was to ultimately take his own life before he could be apprehended. MOO

The former owner of a roofing company is wanted on charges of second-degree murder in the death of seven-year-old Nathan Dumas, as well as the attempted murder of a woman working at a local RBC branch.
<snipped> http://www.thespec.com/news-story/7...st-catharines-man-wanted-in-death-of-stepson/
BBM

Saw a few comments on FB last night that he might be in my area but can't say if they will be confirmed.

http://www.parrysound.com/news-story/7200347-rumours-wanted-man-in-seguin-mactier-have-some-in-area-worried/

"Social media comments and shared posts have the wanted man dropped off in MacTier after catching a ride and Monday night a woman at a local grocery store told those around her to be careful, that he was now in the Lake Joseph Road area."

^^^ That area is literally down the street from me. Who does this to a 7 year old? Hopefully justice is swift.

So he WAS in N. Ontario. Port Severn? Not sure yet. I heard that a person picked up a hitchhiker and he fit the description. Good work LE!

Glad this monster is off the streets. May justice be swift and severe.

CP24 just reported that he was arrested in Kenora, ON

CHCH News&#8207; @CHCHNews 8m8 minutes ago
43 year old Justin Kuijer was arrested by OPP in Kenora after a tip from a citizen

Who does that to a 7 year old?

Grrrrrr

Glad they got him.

I think he was headed to Manitoba, grrrrrrr...what a coward

So he drove the van all the way to Kenora. That's what got him along with the tip from the member of the public. Thank you whoever you are!

Thank goodness!!

So, he was fine to kill his stepson, and fine to stab the woman at the bank, but he was too cowardly to take his own life.
Pathetic, messed up individual.

BTW, I heard on the radio (CBC) that his ex-GF (the mom of the murdered boy) stood up for Kuijer, saying that he never showed any violent tendencies and that he had been a good man. The day before, I heard a neighbour quoted on the radio (CBC) that she had heard Kuijer yelling at and demeaning his stepson out her window. It wasn't clear to me whether that was ongoing or just once (as I tuned in late) but I had the impression that it was on more that one occasion.

So who was this guy? Just a regular guy who "lost it"? Or, an unstable guy who was simply focused on his own needs and revenge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back